January 31st, 2008

What do you think of tonight's Democratic debate?

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/POLITICS/01/31/dem.debate/art.theatre.cnn.jpg caption=" The Kodak Theatre is also home of the Academy Awards ceremony."] We want your real-time reactions to what Obama and Clinton are saying. Do agree or disagree? Who's making the most persuasive arguments? Are they addressing the issues or just being combative? Who's dodging the questions? What would you ask the candidates? Sound off by adding your comment below.

Filed under: CNN Debate
soundoff (2,377 Responses)
  1. Nick

Hillary is an amazing political speaker, but that also means she's a master at double talk. It drives me nuts that people can't see that.

January 31, 2008 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |
  2. Jeff, Rathdrum ID

Why won't Clinton answer the question of what her mandate consists of, I want that answer? How can we support a mandate, we know nothing about.
    And I wish Wolf would be un-biased, he is so Pro clinton, and he keep trying to bait Obama, shame on him!!!!

January 31, 2008 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |
  3. Brian L.

My dream date question is still unanswered!

January 31, 2008 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |
  4. Carolyn

This is why I could never vote a Democrat or John McCain. Illegal is illegal. These people have been stealing from us for years. Put them in jail for a while and then deport them to whatever Country them came from. Get OUT! of my country. If you can't come legally, then I could care less why you came, just that you leave.

January 31, 2008 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |
  5. DONNA

What a great team they would make!
    They are so close on so many issues & their differences compliment each other.
    I want to vote for both.

January 31, 2008 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |
  6. Independent

She's right. Why should we give a driver's license to illegal immigrants?

Obama has a good point about unregistered hit and run drivers. However, if they’re truly here illegally, they’re not going to stick around at the scene of an accident to show their license to the police anyway.

January 31, 2008 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |
  7. Ricardo

Very proficient debate between the last two candidates left to represent the Democratic Party. I strongly believe that the conservative ideology needs to completely diminish from America.

January 31, 2008 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |
  8. Gabriel D.

Kev C. – "Why do we distinguish between Africian-American and White Americans? We are all AMERICANS…Democrats need to get past the color issue".

I agree, Democrats need to segment in order to target their message. Where's the cut in your family tree to be considered an "American"? 1,2,3 generations? Most of us are descendants of imigrants. – I only answer this question on medical forms because of genetics. I always answer "American" on forms I see have political background.

January 31, 2008 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |
  9. Treyci

I tsick of hearing the same topics for every election. I could fix the budget easy. While it's great living in a country that put a man on the moon i'm over it. I don't care what the weather is like on Mars. Type in OMB and read what our government spends money on. Billions and Billions and more Billions spent on space every year. Let's make a compromise. Take one year of that money and fix health care, fix the mortgage problem. ETC. Then the next year give NASA 10 million for experiments. This is just the tip of the ice berg.

How about Reese Whitherspoon? While she is adorable does she really deserve 22 million a movie? So we someone like me who's a single mom can't afford to take my children to the movies. I can't buy a bottle of pepsi because pepsi pays 12 million dollars for a 30 second commercial during the superbowl.

Come on Hillary and Barrack. Get your head out of your dupas and pay attention.

January 31, 2008 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |
  10. Brant Silvers

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! This debate is a love-fest!

January 31, 2008 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |
  11. Mike

To all the Hillary supporters,

You do realize that if Hillary wins the democratic ticket, and McCain (who will win the GOP) chooses Huckabee as his VP, the Republican base will overwhelm dem supporters on Nov. 4th, right?

She's the only candidate who might be every bit as divisive as George Bush. There are people who simply HATE her (for no good reason, I might add), and will do anything to stop her from taking the office.

Edwards was this country's best choice, and he's gone now. It's Obama or bust. Hillary as prez would be history because she is a woman. Obama as prez would be history because he might actually be able to change this country and the world's perception of it at the same time.

12. Graham

Hillary can play nice when she needs to impress the voters, but historically she has alienated people.

13. Zina

I don't understand people who say that Obama is all rhetoric in comparison to Hillary. Just listen! He is telling you how he will fix the problems!

14. Mom& Dad

When did obtaining a driver's license become a federal issue? I believe it still says California Driver License on mine.
    We don't need more government, we need responsible government.

15. elaine

She definitely is presidential. He would be a great vice president.

16. Adam

Since both candidates believe they have the answers to fix health care. This will enable people to live longer. What are their plans to fix social security?

17. l

Why after 17 debates has there been no questions regarding Social Security?? A major government administration is about to be slapped up side the head with the first baby boomers beginning to retire, we are slowly approaching the day when the Social Security Tax income will not exceed what is being paid out. What plans are there to save this program for the younger generations?? Also the Administrations budget has been cut repeatedly under Bush's administration and currently staffs the least amount of people since 1973. How is the administration to administer the program without proper staffing?

18. Susan

They seem to be working in tandem in many ways.I think they are definitely going to run together with Hillary at the helm. wow what a team that would be! What do you all think?

19. Michael

Barack Just Shot Out The Famous Republican Line "First You Were For It Now Your Against It"
    Maybe I Was Wrong Perhaps He Shout Run With McCain Afterall!

20. Jim ( Independent )

So far i see Obama as being much more honest and straight forward.

Hillary lacks Integrity and shifts to whatever way the wind is blowing.

21. Nikki

Obama needs to step it up a bit here. I know we're only just getting started here tonight, but c'mon.

22. joyce price

what about the report from F.ox on Hillary regarding the union disgrace.......she did not defend the abuse of the unions by wall mart...she sat in on the discussions and never said a word when wal mart discuseed hurting the union workers

23. Iggy

Hilary is a great debater

24. Sonia Penny

I think that the debate is going well and Barack Obama has scored lots off points over Hillary Clinton.

25. here

The republicans have had years to try and fix immigration and failed miserably at it.

January 31, 2008 08:55 pm at 8:55 pm |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96