January 31st, 2008

What do you think of tonight's Democratic debate?

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/POLITICS/01/31/dem.debate/art.theatre.cnn.jpg caption=" The Kodak Theatre is also home of the Academy Awards ceremony."] We want your real-time reactions to what Obama and Clinton are saying. Do agree or disagree? Who's making the most persuasive arguments? Are they addressing the issues or just being combative? Who's dodging the questions? What would you ask the candidates? Sound off by adding your comment below.

Filed under: CNN Debate
soundoff (2,377 Responses)
  1. RBD

just once id love to hear a reporter say "Senator you didnt answer the question"!

January 31, 2008 09:10 pm at 9:10 pm |
  2. mooranon

Why should Americans be forced to accept 12-20 million illegals when our jobs are being shipped overseas in record numbers? 12-20 million more draining resources they have'nt paid for, now expecting to be given jobs from an employment pool drying up day by day. Yet both candidtaes expect the 73% of Americans that OPPOSE their positions to accept criminals as Americans.

January 31, 2008 09:10 pm at 9:10 pm |
  3. Tanner

There's a whole lot of fluff and picture painting here. I would be a good president because... la la la la la. Lets get to some policies and specifics here.

January 31, 2008 09:10 pm at 9:10 pm |
  4. OneAmerica

Senator Obama is to the point and clear on not leaving anyone behind. How can illegal immigrants pay fines and back taxes if they don't have drivers licenses to get to jobs. Furthermore, a drivers license is the best way to keep track of whose in the country! I thought National security was also a concern. I recommend undecided voters learn as much as you can about Senator Obama. He does have experience. Actually he has more elected experience than Senator Clinton. Obama has my vote!

January 31, 2008 09:10 pm at 9:10 pm |
  5. wendy

I agree with Hillary and Justin. I think her debate experience makes Barak left behind but his campaigning is superior. I just don't want Bill back in the white house. It's a scary thought to think of what he would do as 1st man! I do not want Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton!!!!!!

January 31, 2008 09:10 pm at 9:10 pm |
  6. Ann

I hope that neither of these candidates are elected. They will cause even more harm to Americans with their tax and spend policies.

January 31, 2008 09:10 pm at 9:10 pm |
  7. walidm

Mitt strikes me as an outsourcer.....scary, we know how that works.

8. jason hills

were gonna moved forward no matter what. but who cares for the country more

9. Lenny J

I wish both Clinton & Obama would both run together.

10. JR

I agree that they are both what we need. They should run together and they would blow away any other combination of candidates.

11. cap

I just want to say one more thing that Obama just hit the nail on – WHOOHOOO TO THE NEW GENERATION OF VOTERS!!!!! I have a new voter in my house who is so excited to be able to vote this year. This generation is running the country now and will in the future – I think their opinions are HUGE! Sometimes unfortunately but.....

12. Republican

Too bad more voters were not first time young voters...bottom line is that young voters have a low rate of turning out at the polls

13. Leonard Harris

CNN,
    Is anyone going to ask the candidates, "How Are We going To Stop The Bleeding." They both gave good answers on what they would do, about the illegal immigrants that are here. "BUT, WHAT ABOUT THE ONES THAT ARE SWTILL FLOODING HERE?"
    We need to patrol our borders from Pt. Roberts, Washington, to Lubec, Maine, and from San Diego, California, to Brownsville, Texas, and our Port of Calls. And no stupid fence either.

Leonard Harris

14. gary

typical democrats, good at finding fault but unable to solve anything. the only thing they are doing is competing with each other as to who is the biggest santa claus. promises, promises, promises, pander, pander, pander.

15. Frank

With the plans proposed for healthcare reform can we feel confident that the level of healthcare is not diminished? Will those physicians still give 100% to their oath?

16. Genia

I think Obama is holding his own against a very crafted politician who seems to come across as having an air of entitlement to the job of president. I want change. Go Obama!!!!

17. Thomas

I will defenetly vote for Hillary Clinton. She has more concise ideas for my problems.

18. steve

both are wonderful alternative to the republican's divisive policies and often silly statements. Nevertheless, I think Hillary – with all her negatives – is a beter candidate and will be a better president.

19. carole

Obama said he thinks "Some of the accomplishments during the Clinton Administration" were good....
    ..Are you kidding...since when does peace, prosperity and no national debt sound like a minor accomplishment? Go Hillary Go! And wouldn't we have been so much better off had Gore been allowed to take the office which he won...

20. Michael P

If Hillarys experience is based on being married to Bill, Does that mean that Shaquille O'Neals wife should be playing ball?

21. David

oh who cares about bush and clinton families going back and forth. makes no difference. that's an opponent's silly arguement.

22. Barb in Dallas

This is the most informative debate that I have observed.

January 31, 2008 09:12 pm at 9:12 pm |
  23. Ed

Both candidates are doing just fine and we all should be proud. It's sad that even few people at all feel that Clinton whipping Obama's butt because he lacks knowledge on complex issues. That's simply not true. I'm more impressed with his patience and composure and respect for the Clinton Family which we all should be as well. No one can loose with any democtratic candidate to be honest.

What we need to focus on is who has brought about the change that the country needs right now and who is able to bring young and old, black and white, righ and poor together. When you look at that, experience goes out the window.

January 31, 2008 09:12 pm at 9:12 pm |
  24. JohnGinningsinATX

Get that woman a broom its time to clean up!

January 31, 2008 09:12 pm at 9:12 pm |
  25. Tara

lol. good comment.

January 31, 2008 09:12 pm at 9:12 pm |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96