January 31st, 2008

What do you think of tonight's Democratic debate?

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/POLITICS/01/31/dem.debate/art.theatre.cnn.jpg caption=" The Kodak Theatre is also home of the Academy Awards ceremony."] We want your real-time reactions to what Obama and Clinton are saying. Do agree or disagree? Who's making the most persuasive arguments? Are they addressing the issues or just being combative? Who's dodging the questions? What would you ask the candidates? Sound off by adding your comment below.

Filed under: CNN Debate
soundoff (2,377 Responses)
  1. Homan

The last piece about the mess made by the Bush family was a serious hit!

2. LA for Hillary

Best debate ever! Was for Obama.....NOW FOR HILLARY!

3. Joe

I cannot wait until tuesday, so I can vote for Hillary

4. Amy

The truth is I want Obama as president, but if Clinton wins I won't be crying either. They both represent change and democratic ideals which is really the main thing this country needs. Bush can't win again which to me is the biggest victory.

5. Nikki

Senator Clinton and Senator Obama keep mentioning what happened before George W. Bush took office and how wonderful things were, but then 9/11 happened and things changed.

6. Doggal

Whoa! Hillary is soooo impressive! I am so proud of her! I like Obama, too, but I trust Hillary's experience. Let's have 8 years of Hillary followed by 8 of Obama!

I loved Hillary's remark just before the 9:15 break ... that it took one Clinton to clean up after the first Bush and it'll take another one to clean up after this Bush.

7. David

This is not a debate, all I hear is degrading our country and current President, He may be the worst of all time but you don't degrade the Leader of our country.
    Niether of these two look like a president to me.
    How about talking about the issues!

8. Sam I Am

Can Hillary stop the Bush bashing? We do have to work with Republicans. To make the United States great we must work together.

9. Lars

Why Has no one asked either candidate, why neither one of them has realized the power that the two of them together, would have againist the republicans???? HELLO

10. Kevin McNulty

Hillary,

What will Bill Clinton's role be in your White House if you are elected and do you think your election and his presence in the White House goes against the spirit of term limits for Preisident

11. Katie Cormier

I hope they ask questions about the problems in the environment and how they plan to better the situation

12. Rlee

Hillary just said it, there will be no change with her just another Clinton in a dress. To bad the crowd didnt pick up on it. Just cheered for the clean up quip. She is as slick as they come.

13. Patricia

My husband and I are enjoying the debate. Why don't you two run as Co-presidents.We I like you both. Its nice to finally have a choice. We have been voting for many years. Finally, Thank you.Patricia

14. nick arcia

yes clinton tried to reform health care..... but she failed, should this be a postive thing? time for some one else to give it a shot... change is not bush clinton clinton bush bush clinton.

15. Shelly

I think CNN is setting this up for Clinton.

16. p. harvey

This is less of a debate than a Hillary Cinton talk-a-thon! Wolf Biltizer is doing a poor job as a moderator.

17. Tasha Rainey

I am happy with a nonconfrontational debate. We need candidates that are more interested in what needs to improve in this country than with tearing each other to shreds. I hope that Barak and Clinton work together for a CHANGE for America. They need to be running mates. As a black woman, I would be excited to see either or become President and Vice President.

18. Meredith

Were the illegals are given drivers licenses, will they also be required to have insurance, or would the citizens of the US be required to pay for their motor vehicle accidents just as we pay for their health insurance?

Regarding health care, what is either one of the debaters idea on those of us with pre-existing conditions and unable to get coverage. Having been covered under my husbands work policy and he changed jobs, I have been unable to find a new plan that will accept me, or that is affordable.

19. Nathan

Both candidates are pretty close on the issues, but the real question is who will win the general election. I for one believe that all off the new voters that OBAMA has brought into the democrat party will not vote for HIllary come November if she is the nominee.

Secondly, of the two candidates who do you believe is more likely to CHANGE THEIR MESSAGE AND CONCERNS after they are sworn in.

Just some food for thought...

20. islasue

IF Hillary wins.....who will REALLY run the country....her or Wild Bill? Lord help us all!!

21. vickaru

Hillary is beaming! Did you see her experience explained properly – wow! Obama couldn't hold a candle. SHE'S MY GAL!

22. jerry

I see alot of genralizations and some policy discussion, but I would like to see some real hard-hitting debates on what eaxctly either one of the candidates would say on specific subjects such as the aftermath of the Iraq war and the financial situation fo the country.

23. John D'Arpino

What a awesome and refreshing change from the last democratic debate. Obama and Clinton have to remember that while they are competing against each other for the White House, the ultimate test will be after the convention. It is imperative that they unite the party and the people who are looking for change. The big test will be with the Republicans who will undermine them both.

24. Donal Thoms-Cappello

How come no noone has asked these two ever if they would pledge to repeal the newfound powers the executive branch has gained under the Bush Administration?

25. Penny Tucson

Everybody keeps talking about immigrants eventually getting "at the back of the line" or "getting in line"............what line? There is no line to get into the country, there are lotteries! I want an explanation of this!

January 31, 2008 09:16 pm at 9:16 pm |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96