January 31st, 2008

What do you think of tonight's Democratic debate?

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/POLITICS/01/31/dem.debate/art.theatre.cnn.jpg caption=" The Kodak Theatre is also home of the Academy Awards ceremony."] We want your real-time reactions to what Obama and Clinton are saying. Do agree or disagree? Who's making the most persuasive arguments? Are they addressing the issues or just being combative? Who's dodging the questions? What would you ask the candidates? Sound off by adding your comment below.

Filed under: CNN Debate
soundoff (2,377 Responses)
  1. Jimbo

Hillary is trying to seperate herself from her husband, but then tries to claim it for her own merit.

2. Duma

I don't get why Obama doesn't stress Hilary's inevitable "in your face" style of management and likely divisive response to Republicans. She simply cannot be a consensus builder unlike Obama.

3. leigh

Hillary is kicking butt. Go hillary!

4. M Smith

Obama/Clnton '08

5. SherryNYforOBAMA

and who will clean up after this Clinton.

6. Vince in Missouri

I disagree with you Daytona I believe we have not been allowed to see her real charm. There has been way to much distraction by her husband during this campaign.I applaud his loyalty but he overstepped teh boundary. She has a side we have not seen all teh time but it is there.......GO Hillary

7. Jason

Hey, everybody! I was a staunch republican 2 years ago and now I AM A DEMOCRAT!!! I have never felt better about my decision or my life. GO BARACK!! He has the power to get more like me on the right path!!!

8. edm

This is not a debate. The evil vitriol that is coming out of Clinton's mouth is expected, this is from the person that called Bill's "friends" trailer trash for telling the truth. But of course that's alright, it's Hilary, the second coming of Mother Teresa.
    And Obama just sits there and tries to talk about how wonderful he is and it falls flat.
    These two are phonies!
    They avoid talking about the tough subjects by using "keywords" like "immigration reform", and "health care" when they actually mean is, "give us your poor, your illegal, you uninsured.... and give us your vote. Because once we're in, we'll forget you even exist, like we always have.

9. Richard Brewer/Michigan

I voted in Michigan but my vote doesn't count...why? Because the National Democratic Committee said we voted too early. Could this be a Republican Swift Boat again? Don't we ever learn as Democrats?

10. mike78

Enough with the celebrity shots – I don't need to see Rob Reiner for the 50th time. And could this Hollywood crowd control its applause just a bit.

11. sandra fabria

We,Canadians are watching closely in this very important debate and who wins affects us on the norther side of the border. I am more driven on Hillary's approach to question and she is not aggressive in answering questions as the other candidate but she answers graciously but with deeper meaning and realistic approach to the solutions to the issues being brought in at the table..

12. Joe Coffaro

Has either one of you talked to any construction contractors? Apparently not. If you take the time to do so, you will find out that american staffed contracting firms do not get the jobs when competeting with illigal latino staffed contractors. It is a matter of finance.

13. Mick LuCore

I am a serviceman and very proud to serve, but feel we need a trusted leader that can manage the country.
    How can Ms. Clinton manage the country when she can't manage her husband.
    During his stint as President he had at least 4 documented op's I did it again with someone else but my wife.
    Why does this question not get ask?

Mick

14. Monseraut

She has said that "joke" several times before in other interviews. Too bad Obama can't kick it into gear. Hillary is better with details but that's what advisors are all about.

15. Neal

The Bush's Economic Stimulus package gives China a $145B PAY RAISE. Congratulations America!!

16. Roz

How refreshing to hear intelligent candidates.. either would make a great leader... Can we move up the election and get rid of Bush!!!

17. tanna

It would really be nice, after all of the rumors flying around, if someone would come right out and ask Senator Obama about his allegiance to our flag, or lack thereof. It is time to clear it up and let him answer for himself.

18. Mark

Only Hillary can unite the Republicans.....Obama is more electable!

19. Felix (Miami)

A question for those candidates:

What would be your policy about Venezuela? President Chavez is becoming more dangerous in the continent. What you will do?

20. Joyce

Hillary or Obama? I like them both. The only bad thing, people don't realize how the Republican pundits will chew Hillary and Bill and spit them out. It's a shame that conservative attack machines are out there, but they are there in force and all of them have their own shows.

21. Nova

Talking abotu electability I doubt Hillary can get any republican votes when it comes to it . But Obama can.

22. Darrell

lol @ the Ron Paul sign. They are ubiquitous.

23. LAK

Hilary – great comment about needing another Clinton to clean up after a Bush ... HOWEVER – you needed to seize the opportunity to clearly state that YOU are NOT your husband, and YOU will be your own president. Many voters (including myself) are most concerned about re-electing Bill. I want to know that you will run the show and I don't want to see Bill for another years.

Bill needs to get over himself.

24. Chad P

How about Wolf going after Obama like... well – a wolf... Guess it isn't called the Clinton News Network for nothing.

God she just looks so smug – makes me ill...

25. Matthew Lynch

How scripted is Hillary? Lies Lies Liar Liar pants on fire.

January 31, 2008 09:16 pm at 9:16 pm |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96