January 31st, 2008

What do you think of tonight's Democratic debate?

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/POLITICS/01/31/dem.debate/art.theatre.cnn.jpg caption=" The Kodak Theatre is also home of the Academy Awards ceremony."] We want your real-time reactions to what Obama and Clinton are saying. Do agree or disagree? Who's making the most persuasive arguments? Are they addressing the issues or just being combative? Who's dodging the questions? What would you ask the candidates? Sound off by adding your comment below.

Filed under: CNN Debate
soundoff (2,377 Responses)
  1. Washington state for Obama!

CNN has done it again.. they are not giving equal time to the candidates. Hilary is clearly being given more time to speak. We want to hear from Obama!!

2. Elizabeth Moore

I would like to hear from Hillary how she plans to take on the insurance companies when she takes so many donations from them? Why hasn't anyone brought this up?

3. Michael

We Could Lose With The "Wrong" Candidate, Because We Could End Up With "LESS JOBS/MORE WARS McCAIN" Hillary's The One Who Has The Best Chance!

4. nai

South Carolina for Barrack!

5. Paul Williamson

Obama is stumbling and out of his depth... you can't fake experience and command of the issues you don't have, he is clearly the amateur here, 2 yrs as a Senator does not cut it. Hillary has 8 years as a Senator, 8 years working with Bill in the White House (and she made a lot of contributions), and 8 years in the Governor's mansion in Arkansas – she's been there, done that-we do not need another amateur in the White House (and he is the most liberal member of the Senate, 100% ADA ratings)- the only ones Obama will bring together ae the far left liberals, the other 90% of the country will not support his proposed changes

6. LP

I'm a registered Republican but I will vote for Obama to keep Hillary from winning. How can you believe in or trust a woman who for political reasons only didn't stand up for herself knowing what her husband did to her. I don't believe a word she says or trust any of her actions. People are saying Hillary is more articulate but that's because she has more practice at avoiding the real issues at hand.

7. Mary Bisig

Hillary does seem to have a better understanding of what is needed for our coountry and seems more intune. He just doesn't seem to answer the questions, just skirts around them

8. frank

he'd be a good vice president, thats about it

9. D

Make my life easier, why can't Hil be Pres and Obama b VP, I thnk this wld wrk

10. Jerry Carbaugh

How will Hillary keep her presidency from being a co-presidency with Bill being in the White House. Somehow I do not see that as a team for Change.

11. Rich

Ask them if they have ever read the Constitution of the US and how any of their ideas are compliant with THE document. They do have to take an oath of office to abid by it.

I am sure they will be asked....LOL!

12. demobabe

Why does she continue to take credit for Bill's administration and the economy during his administration which he did not cause to be better or worse.

It was the tech explosion and low interest rates of the federal reserve which he had nothing to do with that impacted the economy.

Hillary is such a phony?

13. Ala

Great debate.... I would like them to address the relations with the EU and the position of the US with respect to the wold economy

14. daniel

Hillary is brilliant, with conviction! I was not wanting to vote for her when this campaign started, but she has earned my vote. Go Hillary!!!!

15. K Bauer

its interesting that Wolf Blitzer a former communications director for the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), a lobbyist group that pounds and smashes those who speak an opinion critical of Israel, can be an objective moderator. Give me a break. It's the same cast of characters and the same non-sense warmed over.

16. E.Procopis

So far the debate has been good, as you have stated, they are being civil which is a nice change. They both have been doing a great job, but I am going to vote for Obama as I like his outlook and I think if Hilliary gets in, Bill will be right there behind her telling what "he" would do.

17. Ro

What a wonderful improvement in tenor!!!!!!! I'm so proud of both of them. They are actually drawing differences in policy rather than attacking. I'm so grateful.

18. Jim McCullough

Hillary keeps talking about the moral majority. She carries too much negative past to be considered as the moral candidate.
    If elected, would Hillary expect to find the White house trashed like she left it?

19. lk

I would love to hear their positions on how best to combat global warming and what should the government be doing.

20. Linda

Hillary is really good. Obama is not her opponent in every issue. Who is qualified for the President? Hillary.

21. Jen

Obama has no constructive ideas that are detailed. Hillary has a clear vision and knows is extremely explicit in her answers. Obama needs a better vocabulary.

22. Peggy Carter

I want to know what they are doing about the rising cost of college. Most of the students that I know are leaving college with over $50,000 in loans. Grants are few, I am a current student and a mother of 8 year old and I am afraid I won't be able to afford college for her in 10 years.

23. BB-NH

Obama is looking really good in this debate. But I have to agree that Hillary sounds good too. But Barak represents a new generation and we need that!

24. Alice

I have to say, the Democratic party is going to have an amazing candidate either way. Glad I missed the last debate, because so far this one makes me pretty happy with both of them.

25. pow

clinton divides- obama unites- Fox News would have to add another network to cover the hate. Obama has best chance of winning against repub nominee. they will use fear to manipulate

January 31, 2008 09:17 pm at 9:17 pm |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96