January 31st, 2008

What do you think of tonight's Democratic debate?

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/POLITICS/01/31/dem.debate/art.theatre.cnn.jpg caption=" The Kodak Theatre is also home of the Academy Awards ceremony."] We want your real-time reactions to what Obama and Clinton are saying. Do agree or disagree? Who's making the most persuasive arguments? Are they addressing the issues or just being combative? Who's dodging the questions? What would you ask the candidates? Sound off by adding your comment below.

Filed under: CNN Debate
soundoff (2,377 Responses)
  1. CLAUDY

Obama is the only one, who can bring the change the American are looking for.

2. Michael Newman

I wish that Hillary and Obama would spend more time focusing on the failues of the past 8 years. Unfortunately the interviewers seem more interested in small details rather than in the big issues.
    Based on what I have seen this evening, there is no question that the Democratic party candidate will beat John McCain.

3. daytona beach

The problem with Hillary is that she cannot win over the vast majority of independents and new voters. While experience gives McCain a certain advantage over Obama, the polarizing effect of Hillary as our party's nominee gives McCain a tremenous advantage.

4. Darrio McKenzie

I beleive this debate is the BEST OF DEBATES...For once I see folks are interested in Presidential Elections and Maybe just Maybe they will start to move away from having a higher percentile vote than American Idol and put strong faith back into Presidenttial Elections.

GO OBAMA

5. tom rupert

Where in the world are you getting these questions? I went to politico.com and had to vote for pre-selected questions and then only had three choices per subject matter.

What about our trade deficit with China? Why is the USA saving a -4% of its earnings while India is saving upwards of 25% and China is even higher? China is buying up our deficit and they will want payment. Ask a question about that. Our children will pay this bill when it comes due.

6. Mary

Hillary and Barack are both inspiring. I want both of them on the Democratic ticket, and quite honestly, I don't care who's on top! Pardon the pun.

7. Jim

A REAL debate!!

8. April

Wow! Senator Clinton is wiping the floor with him...

9. Independant Woman

Hey! It's Obamas turn to get a question and speak.

10. ke

Obama says he doesn't accept PAC money, and yet he kisses as much hawkish AIPAC butt as the rest of them?

I don't want to see another war in Iran, as AIPAC is so heavily pushing for, and I hope he'll have the backbone to stand up to all PACs once he becomes President, so we're not dragged into another Iraq.... but that's not a safe bet given history of that particular lobby group according to Walt's and Mearsheimer's book. I'll end up voting Obama since he has moral convictions that don't change like the weather (referring to Clinton) 😛

11. Richard Peter

Hillary is winning the policy arguments. Obama is a good speaking, better than Hillary, but Hillary is all right as well. I need someone with better policies. That would be Hillary. And she has more experience. She will win!

12. Utah for OBAMA

After seeing Barack Obama, I do believe John F. Kennedy was reincarnated!

13. Aaron

As an veteran turned alternative energy engineer, what can we do to entice our returning veterans to answer the call to take on the most pressing problem, energy independence. It worked with the WWII veterans in fueling the space race, couldn't it work again for the returning Iraq vets?

14. damianmann

Hillary is even slicker than Bill.

Interesting hoe my question about corruption in the Clinton whitehouse wasn't approved for posting here.

As for Clinton/Bush/Bush Clinton over and over again...that's NOT healthy for Democracy. What great changes have occurred over these years since they ran things?

15. mds

They seem to be fond of taking digs at the current and former President Bush, and those comments are good for cheap applause from the audience, but they are not running against Bush.

16. Shon Weathers

I just tuned in so Im an hour late but again one thing I have yet to be satisfied with Mrs Clinton is we never get a straight answer. Experience as Pres neither have so Hilary wouldn't be attacking any issues on day one that would be Bill. From what I understand big decisions are made by the Pres Vp, Sec of state, Gen of mililtary and maybe some consultants. I have yet to hear or read anything that says any Presidents wife was in on those decisions or war rooms.

17. Wes Minneapolis, MN

I wonder how they are going to force the cost of health care down? Brute force? Or is the burden simply going to be shifted to the government with billions in bureaucracy to go with it?

18. Roxana Rojas

It does not matter what her last name is!!! What we have to see here is if she is ABLE to be our President, and she IS!!!!!

19. Tyne

60 days!!! she's crazy if she thinks that will happen

20. rollie

You are allowing Hillery to dominate the discussion. Maybe that is inevitable, since she is so skilled and articulate. Obviously, the Wolf has no control of the situation. It is a tough business and Hilery is tough. But it ain't fair.

21. Murray Rothbard

I found it more entertaining when they quarreled amongst themselves. I'm switching to channel 7 now. Lost premiere. ;-]

22. larry

Both are good but Hillary has a better grasp of the facts and has outlined her program well. Barack is articulate but obviously lacks depth in his answers. Just saying he will bring Americans together is not good enough.

23. anne

clinton 2008!!! experience!

24. TS

We can't leave Iraq immediatly- we did in Afgan in the 1970's and helped to create the Taliban's animosity towards the USA.

25. Davie Vicious

Obama has my vote. Look at the way they carry themselves, the way they speak, not just the words. I'm a woman, but I don't want a woman president.

January 31, 2008 09:17 pm at 9:17 pm |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96