January 31st, 2008

What do you think of tonight's Democratic debate?

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/POLITICS/01/31/dem.debate/art.theatre.cnn.jpg caption=" The Kodak Theatre is also home of the Academy Awards ceremony."] We want your real-time reactions to what Obama and Clinton are saying. Do agree or disagree? Who's making the most persuasive arguments? Are they addressing the issues or just being combative? Who's dodging the questions? What would you ask the candidates? Sound off by adding your comment below.

Filed under: CNN Debate
soundoff (2,377 Responses)
  1. Rob

Hillary=defeat in November.

Sad, but true. This debate is silly, cuz Hil, with all due respect, will get her butt kicked by any Republican.

2. sy Naqui

Please tell Wolf that he should not show his favorable bias towards Hilary in his questions. This is unacceptable and if he continues to show his leanings, then he should be removed from future debates

Thank you.

3. Leo

I like the way that Obama talks untill I realize that he has not said anything at all. Hillary is the one that answers the questions straight out. I was an Edwards girl but now I think I am a Hillary girl.

4. Maureen

What a great team they would make! With Hillary as President and Barack as Vice President, the Democrats would almost be guaranteed of being in the White House for the next 16 years.

5. rory edmonton, alberta

I think Sen. Obama has a Lincolnesque quality to his stature.

6. Jennifer

Both are doing well. Clinton is more polished, uses less pauses and "uhs", but has had decades more training than Obama. Obama's occasional stumbles make me wonder if indeed he is being honest (wouldn't that be a nice change from a politician)?

Both are behaving well and keeping personal issues and attacks out of the debate (about time).

Now, we'll see who launches the first smear ad before the 5th.

7. Sudha

Go Hillary! You are giving terrific answers and holding your own in an excellent way. Making your mark. Keep it up!

8. Amanda

Hillary thinks being president is like playing tea time with barbies. WAKE UP SENATOR CLINTON! The US government isn't so nice. She thinks "helping" people is the biggest issue at hand. We can't HELP anyone without fixing bigger problems first. Her fairytale dream will be crushed.... GO BARAK!

9. Michael LA

AkishaforObama – normally I would agree with you about them needing to talk to the issues only. However, when Obama keeps pretending he's so positive, a nice guy and better than the typical politician because he won't lie or sling mud, all while acusing the Clintons of lying about his record, it is important that we know whether he is playing he same games that every other politician does. I don't mind him playing the game like everyone else, I just mind his being hypocritical about it and accusing the opposition of distorting his record or playing the race card or being insensitvie when if fact he is doing the exact same garbage himself. Two wrongs don't make a right but just like I can't stand the republicans who rage against the sin of homosexuality while they are closeted themselves, I don't like Obama pretending to be better than everyone else when he's doing the exact same thing. He lost my vote because of that, though I hope I get a chance to vote for him in 8 years when he is still so articulate and a great orater but also has some major foreign policy and legislative experience under his belt.

10. Martin

Reading some of the other responses....maybe a Clinton Obama will not be so bad after all. I would not mind to see a ticket like that.

Clinton as president for the first 4 or 8 years....and Obama at her side...then Obama.....for another 4 or 8 years..

WOW...A women and a black man.......i do not think you can have more change then that on one plate.....

11. Walter

A complete phased withdraw is 60 days would be madness. Military leaders say the surge is working. A full US withdraw right now would lead into another Vietnam.

We need to stabilize Iraq first, then withdraw.

12. sam

HILLARY just doesn't do it for me...

13. moses, washington dc

obama president hillary vice

14. Given

Senator Clinton if you and senator Obama took the SAT today, who would score higher? I believe Senator Obama would have the higher score,prove to me otherwise.

15. Adrian

If Shaqs ex-wife wants to play ball she can but Hillary did not decied last year that she wanted to run for president she has been perparing her whole life to serve her country.

16. jausti8371k

Hillary will be the President and Bill will be the Co-President

17. James

Question for Hillary: Considering the historical treatment of women in arab regions around the world, do you feel you would receive the same respect as a man and if not, what is your strategy to address?

18. jag-NE

even when she flops in some of her answers she tries to make it sound good in the end.. smart woman huh

19. Dorothy

Clinton said a great joke about needing another Clinton to clean up after Bush. Joke was funny. I like Clinton, but I think Obama is the one who can give us the change we need. Go Obama

20. Jason

These two are in love compared to last nights debate. These two both rock! I still like Clinton better...I'm from IL. I would like Clinton for 8 years and then Obama for 8 years.

21. Elena

Hillary is shining, it's obvious that her opinions are formed by experience. Obama is coming off as a collegiate, idealistic, inexperienced leader. Great guy with a big future, but he's also made grammatical errors! Our country will be "more safer..." annoying.

22. Michael

Why is Hillary getting all of the questions?

23. Irma Letson

Ask eash: What is your position on the "pre-emptive strike"? Is it moral, ethical, legal?

24. td

Hillary had a great opening comment not scripted...! she appears to be more confident and showing great leadership/presidential skills...staying on her points of issues and great answers...GO HILLLARY CLINTON!!!!

25. Tim

Can we try asking some hard Questions... Like why do you like socialism over capitolism.... Can you name one country that has prospered under socialism.

January 31, 2008 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96