January 31st, 2008

What do you think of tonight's Democratic debate?

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/POLITICS/01/31/dem.debate/art.theatre.cnn.jpg caption=" The Kodak Theatre is also home of the Academy Awards ceremony."] We want your real-time reactions to what Obama and Clinton are saying. Do agree or disagree? Who's making the most persuasive arguments? Are they addressing the issues or just being combative? Who's dodging the questions? What would you ask the candidates? Sound off by adding your comment below.

Filed under: CNN Debate
soundoff (2,377 Responses)
  1. price jason

Two excellent candidates with essentially the same fundamental beliefs in the problems that exist and potential solutions...the problem I am dealing with in regard to my decision is:

Obama seems to be much more charismatic individual. With all the crap we are in abroad and the tense political partisanship that exists in Washington - do we need that Charismatic Diplomat more than

Clinton's edge in experience.

Side note: I do feel that Obama is sincere when he says he wants to get rid of lobbyist - which I can honestly say I have never thought a politician to be sincere in that statement.

Thoughts anyone?

2. Roxanne

Why does Wolf always cut off Obama mid-sentence and not Hillary? Where's AC 360 when you need him?

3. Mia Lambert

Why can't the USA have Health Insurance like some European Country's ?
    Is it really that hard ?
    They deduct our taxes and Medicare from our checks why not our Healthcare ?

4. Lou

A very cordial debate, much better than the Republicans and full of substance

5. Donna in PA

Sen. Clinton is cleaning Obama's clock. I am so proud of her.

6. akjohn01

I think Hillary looks and sounds good. I am not seeing the wonderful Obama speaks off. Obama lost my vote with him and his opinions of people using immigrants as "scapegoats" because they are unemployed. When in fact this is a fact. I would like to know how are they going to ease the burden or these extremely high gas prices. I have to sometimes make the decision whether to pay for car insurance or put gas in my car to go to work.

7. Joan Brightman

Why is Wolf Blitzer letting Hillary do all the talking?

8. Get Real

Trust me, if Hillary last name was not Clinton 50 percent of her supporters would be backing someone else.

Hillary is not her Husband, and what Bill did for this county has nothing to do with her. If she can't keep organization and peace in her own house, what do you really think she will do for this country?

I like Bill and if he were running I would vote for him, but for her to count being first lady as experience is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard.

9. NYer for Obama

Senator Clinton voted for the war in Iraq. Case closed. What is her excuse for that miscast vote? Fooled by George Bush jr? Then she voted to pave the way for war in Iran? Come on. Get real.

10. lisa

I was so stressed this was going to be all negative like last night. let's just decide on the issues. thank you CNN!

11. JOSEPH

I apologize for not spelling BARACK correctly.

12. mrman

Same old Iraq questions as usual.....

How about this "Do you question President Bush's intentions in Iraq?"

13. lONI

It seems to me that CNN is showing it's bias once again by allowing Hillary to dominate this debate by allowing her unlimited time to answer questions uninterupted and by constantly interupting Obama's responses.

Hillary has had her chance, eight years as first lady and years as a senator; if she has accomplished so much why is she hiding her records from her days as first lady.

14. Rosalyn Savel

I think that Obama and Hillary are sounding more like running mates than opposing figures. They are basically agreeing with one another and making a strong case for a Democratic candidate to be elected president. this coming election. Frankly, I think they are "tooting" their own horns. As far as the content of their plans and statements, everything sounds as if the problems we face as a nation can and will be solved with either one elected as president. Promises, promises....we'll see.

15. Jenn (Pa)

Been a democrat since I could vote but will vote for John McCain in a heartbeat over Clinton. Just another member of the establishment.

16. Gerald

My wife said that Obama seems to be composed and structured while Clinton seems to be emotional. Her question to me is can we trust our country in the hands of emotions?

17. Scott

Mark, you have no clue when it comes to the disgraceful legacy of the Clintons.

18. jen

Great debate...CA for Obama.

How in the world can people vote for Hillary when she is so quick to blame the Republican party for the failures of the past 8 years. Bush wasn't able to make all of the poor decisions it was with Democates in each House. She is already alienating people she would have to work with in the White House...Why can't she seem to bring parties together for our (America's) benefit not make it so blue and red. It makes me SICK! I think Obama believes he can bring all Americans together with the common goals that both parties want for the United States. I BELIEVE he CAN and WILL!!

19. Dani

Obviously the "clinton" clean up wasn't as good as some may think . . . otherwise . . a second bush wouldn't have happened . . . And . . . if we, yes we, allow her to be the democratic nominee . . we are going to guarantee another 4 years of a republican white house . . . GO OBAMA!!!

20. Joe

Two democrats having a debate is more enlightening than four republicans having a debate.There is no doubt whatsoever that the next president of the this United States will be a democrat,republicans had their opportunity and they blew it."Go Hillary-Go Obama"

21. J R

My biggest fear with the Dems is too much government. They have a reputation for that. Hope they address this issue.

22. Frank

Hillary, given the fact that General Petraeus is most accountable for the situation in Iraq & you seem to have a plan for the withdrawal of our troops...have you ever sat down one on one with General Petraeus and had a frank discussion as to our current situation!

23. Marlene in CLT

Hillary doesn't know when to shut up. She rambles and rarely actually answers the question. Boring. Obama is to the point and much more well spoken.

24. erik

experience as what? a first lady? Obama and hillary are pretty even when it comes to experience.

25. Martez in Chicago

Wow $200 Billion dollars a year on Bush's war? Great way to squander our milk and honey. Go Obama Go

January 31, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96