January 31st, 2008

What do you think of tonight's Democratic debate?

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/POLITICS/01/31/dem.debate/art.theatre.cnn.jpg caption=" The Kodak Theatre is also home of the Academy Awards ceremony."] We want your real-time reactions to what Obama and Clinton are saying. Do agree or disagree? Who's making the most persuasive arguments? Are they addressing the issues or just being combative? Who's dodging the questions? What would you ask the candidates? Sound off by adding your comment below.

Filed under: CNN Debate
soundoff (2,377 Responses)
  1. Canaan

Best line of the night: the U.S. Government is not for profit!

January 31, 2008 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  2. Markakis

What about an Obama-Edwards ticket or Clinton-Edwards ticket? That is, if the loser of the nomination doesn't want to run as VP? Very interesting..

January 31, 2008 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |
  3. Republican Thinker

First let me state that as a person who views have been considered conservative/Republican I have to say that this current administration has been a discrace to this country! That being said, the administration as but literally destroyed the possiblities of the American people every trusting another republicn in the oval office. I know I wont! So that brings me to the other choices. Viewing the Democratic debate this evening, I would have to say that I am very impressed with Senator Obama. He presents himself as a determined person who is clearly focused on rebuilding America and putting it back on the path of greatness we have become familiar with. I have been following all the Democratic runners since the beggining of the campaign, and clearly he shows himself to have the integrity, determination, policy agenda and ideas to lead this country in the right direction while providing the leadership to get Congress on the same path or hold them accountable for not providing the American people with the policy, direction, and government that they are elected to do. Senator Obama clearly is the best candidate in respect to the issues that are at hand.

January 31, 2008 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |
  4. Don

Tonight debate makes have given me a clear understanding of both candidates, and come Feb.5 my vote will matter for the United States.

January 31, 2008 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |
  5. Mark McMillan

I think Hillary could take-on McCaine better than Obama. She's clear and confident, he stumbles um... um... um... alot. Hillary is the best candidate.

January 31, 2008 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |
  6. Chris

I will vote for Obama, but Hill did ok on this debate. Just with the average joe could have attended debate and not catered to the elite.

Goodnight all!

January 31, 2008 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |
  7. Texas Tech Univ. Student

Hillary your my girl!

Texas Tech University Supports YOU

January 31, 2008 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |
  8. Michelle

Obama is electable. I respect Hilary, but we have to win this time.

January 31, 2008 10:02 pm at 10:02 pm |
  9. Marie

I agree with sue. Hillary is on top of her game. She has the best ideas, and is very clear on how she will put the ideas into motion. Please remember everyone that it is not about race or gender! We need to vote for the President that will do their job, be our leader and our voice for all the American people. Hillary Clinton has my vote their is no question about it that she will be the best choice for America!!!

January 31, 2008 10:02 pm at 10:02 pm |
  10. A. McKenzie

I think it's great that Hillary has ran as her own person. Even with Bill campaining for her, she still refuses to use his name as a crutch. I like Obama. I like Hillary. I am truly proud to be a democrat. We will once again be able to "clean" up the white house, as was done 16 years ago, after the first Bush, and Reagan, made trashed the country.

January 31, 2008 10:02 pm at 10:02 pm |
  11. Joe Fab

Now for the pundits - can they allow a civil conversation and the kind of 'debate' we ought to have been having all along? Or will they have to twist it into some bloodsport event by shoving it through their own over-dramatizing, sensationalizing prism?

January 31, 2008 10:02 pm at 10:02 pm |
  12. Carol

Hillary and Obama really did well. I am still undecided for "Super Tuesday".

January 31, 2008 10:02 pm at 10:02 pm |
  13. Natalie B.

Did I miss something with the idea of "controlling" our spouses, I know I dont control mine?!

January 31, 2008 10:02 pm at 10:02 pm |
  14. Lynn

Shame on Wolf for trying to inject a cat fight situation.

O doesn't say details to his plans.

Hillary for Prez 08!

January 31, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  15. Bill

Why do these debates rarely include topics about space exploration and NASA?

January 31, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  16. John

They truly understand the objective of a Democratic Victory. Think we will see an Obama Hillary or Hillary Obama Ticket, Now that would be change

January 31, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  17. John Marrs

Well, you can moderate away all you want with my attempted post, but it won't change the truth. What, are you, a beneficiary of the First Amendment, censoring my online expression?

Check out the Hightower's report, if you want some information about my viewpoint.

JMM

January 31, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  18. Yolanda

Hillary was awesome tonight. No matter who you're for, just vote. Good Night!

January 31, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  19. Adena Wheeles

Clinton showed the world that she is ready on" DAY ONE" to step into the Oval Office and turn this country around ! She was brilliennt, Mr. Obama is a bright man with a fantastic future but he is not ready to step up to this horried mess, the endless tragity of Bush's so callled leadership,

January 31, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  20. Non G

Fantastic "conversation" and respectful. Hooray for both candidates, they deserve our vote and it is up to us to search our hearts to vote for the one we truly believe in. God Bless you all and thanks for the comments, it was a fun exchange....ain't the US wonderful? Good night.

January 31, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  21. Aunt Kimmi

I agreed with Hillary's answers more than Obama's until the Iraq segment. She's not going to admit she made a mistake. The best line ot the night....It may take another Clinton to clean up after another Bush. I would have added that women can clean house better than any man and there is a lot more to clean up after this Bush.

January 31, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  22. Guada

I think that Hillary's intellegence out numbers Obama 10 to 1. She is knowledgeable about what awaits her as our next president of the United States of America.

January 31, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  23. MICHELE

ALSO, LET ME JUST ADD THAT THE FACT THAT WE HAVE A AFRICAN AMERICAN AND I WOMAN AS ARE CANDIDATES IS SURREAL. IM SO THRILLED TO BE PART OF A HISTORICAL TIME.

January 31, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  24. Roberto

Both Obama and Clinton showed they are ready to lead. I support Obama, but I wouldn't mind an Obama/Clinton ticket.

January 31, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  25. Yvonne

Loved it!!!!!!!! My vote is for OBAMA.

January 31, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96