February 5th, 2008

CNN projects Clinton wins Tennessee primary

To track the Tennessee primary results county-by-county, click here: Tennessee

Filed under: Tennessee
  1. Casey

Fox projected it long ago. And why wasn't there the great breaking news with trumpets when Clinton won Tennesse according to this fair and balanced Mega Media anti Clinton machine?

February 5, 2008 08:34 pm at 8:34 pm |
  2. Barrister

That's great because Wolfie and the CNN pundits are DOWNPLAYING all the states Hillary is winning. Hillary is starting to seize control of Super Tuesday...and CNN and MSNBC are in complete denial.

Watch out. America is speaking with the vote, and Hillary is pulling ahead.

February 5, 2008 08:35 pm at 8:35 pm |
  3. Brian

CNN: quit being so BIASED in favor of Obama!!!!

Your main web site headline is "Obama Wins Multiple Primary States," but right below that is shows Clinton leading in every state listed except CT, and the project winner in "multiple states" of her own.

It seems that CNN is unethically trying to influence voters in the western states in favor of Obama.

Do you job–unbiased reporting. To do otherwise is criminal.

February 5, 2008 08:36 pm at 8:36 pm |
  4. Mirta

I loved watching Wolf announce this projection. He almost choked on his own tongue.

I thought Obama was suppose to trump her in the South?? Gosh, where is Oprah when you need her?

Like I have said all along...she "gets it", he just "sells it".

Go Hillary!

February 5, 2008 08:36 pm at 8:36 pm |
  5. OBAMA SUCKS

HOORAY FOR HILLARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 5, 2008 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |
  6. Sue

Fox reported this quite a while ago. This must be killing you CNN. How are you going to slant your coverage when Hillary wins most of the states and delegates.

CNN – The Obama News Network

February 5, 2008 08:38 pm at 8:38 pm |
  7. Barrister

CNN has created a bias against Hillary Clinton. Are you telling me that they don't have ANY information on New Jersey or New York, two MORE states Hillary will win easily?

CNN may as well change to ONN the Obama News Network.

Out here in America, we're voting for Hillary Clinton in huge numbers. The media can't seem to report this.

February 5, 2008 08:39 pm at 8:39 pm |
  8. Yeah Right

The young people from all across the Volunteer State could not outnumber the old white people, thus Hillary wins... sad day for the young of Tennessee.

February 5, 2008 08:41 pm at 8:41 pm |
  9. Garrison

with 3 percent of the precincts reporting?? What is WRONG with the media?????? Did they NOT learn their lesson waaaaay back in 2000?? I feel like starting a movement here!! You've GOT to be kidding! I am so tired of "politics as usual", and that includes the media.

Obama wins Illinois, when 0% of the precincts are reporting?!?! Where the heck Are they? Jupiter?

February 5, 2008 08:41 pm at 8:41 pm |
  10. chad davis

This is CLINTON COUNTRY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 5, 2008 08:41 pm at 8:41 pm |
  11. Dem08

I agree Casey, you would have thought Obama won the whole thing when he won Georgia. Where is here praise.

Been changing channels, CNN might lose this viewer if they do not do better on how they present this election.

February 5, 2008 08:42 pm at 8:42 pm |
  12. chad davis

CNN is so pro Obama...... I used to like him untill they kept throwing him in our faces.

February 5, 2008 08:43 pm at 8:43 pm |
  13. KP

I agree- they are calling the elections way too early.

In Memphis, Tennessee, my family has been hunkered down in the storm shelter since they got in from work and they won't be able to vote. I think Memphis & West Tennessee not going to the polls due to the weather will hurt Obama's chances, so maybe that is why they are calling the state for Clinton.

February 5, 2008 08:45 pm at 8:45 pm |
  14. Julie

I am done with CNN. They might as well call themselves Obama chanel. CNN is going to loose a lot of viewers because of this election. Everyone can see through this.

February 5, 2008 08:45 pm at 8:45 pm |
  15. vic nashville,Tn

I knew today at 10 AM, when Kennedy whole family endorsed Obama on last Sunday , we decided our whole votes for her, I am waiting for how Kennedy family votes work .
    CNN, NBC the time for you all to learn the lesson . Now we will send more money to her

February 5, 2008 08:45 pm at 8:45 pm |
  16. Steve

Please stop with the negative speech about Obama. He clearly is closing the gap on the Clinton political machine and ALL of you are nervous that the real power may get back the people of this country. No one "hates Hillary", we are just tired of the same ole program they insist upon.

February 5, 2008 08:46 pm at 8:46 pm |
  17. jr

Fox also said the last quarter was the best ever, our economy grew at a 4.9% rate last quarter according to this eminent, objective news source...and Fox says illegal immigrants (i.e. Hispanics) are the reason for all the country's problems.......

Fox is about as fair and balanced as bush's tax cuts for the rich, subsidizing oil/coal, $3 trillion budget siphoning all domestic programs for his Christian crusade overseas, giving all Iraqi, katrina contracts via a no bid process to pals in halliburton etc...while using taxpayer money to fund christian right wing mercenary groups answerable to nobody and then call them "contractors" to deceive the American public......

Any hispanic or minority voting for the GOP is either delusional or has been living under a rock.....or might as well be....

February 5, 2008 08:46 pm at 8:46 pm |
  18. And We Should Care Because?

i hate cnn. they are so anti-hillary in everything they do, from the downplaying of hillary's wins, to whose name they put first on their list of "wins", to how long the headlines stay up on the screen. cnn was flashing the "breaking news" that obama took georgia for about 90 minutes, looooong after it was old news.

February 5, 2008 08:47 pm at 8:47 pm |
  19. chad davis

Hey Yea Right,
    get over it........ if you know anything about politics then you know ya can't count on the young vote

February 5, 2008 08:47 pm at 8:47 pm |
  20. Tim Stinnett

TENNESSEE LOVES HILLARY!

February 5, 2008 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  21. 4hill

Way to go Hillary!
    Voted for you, praying for you!
    THIS is history!

February 5, 2008 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  22. Tammy

WOW, I thought I was just being silly. I'm glad to know that I'm not, and Hillary's wins are being downplayed. Very disappointing Wolf! I LOVE CNN, but fair is fair. I want it as is comes in and if FOX or MSNBC can do it better I'll go there.

February 5, 2008 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  23. Ernie

I believe wolf will will declare hillary the victor tonite
    because of her experience,and the years in the whitehouse
    has to be a learning experience in it self.

February 5, 2008 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  24. Shun

Hillary wins... how delightfully boring.

February 5, 2008 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  25. Yeah Right

That's right Chad, you can always count on the old white vote, however. Our future is in the hands of old folks, god help us all.

That has always been my stance anyway.

February 5, 2008 08:49 pm at 8:49 pm |