February 11th, 2008

Sources: Gore has no plans to endorse

(CNN) - He's the most prominent Democrat yet to take a side in the presidential election, but two sources close to Al Gore tell us not to expect the former vice president to endorse either Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama any time during the primary season.

The sources say Gore talks with both Clinton and Obama, and is on good terms with both. But with Sen. John Kerry and Bill Clinton both aligned to a candidate, Gore has a role to serve as the neutral elder statesman in the party.

Click here to read the rest of this post.

Filed under: Al Gore
  1. Toby James

You know, you look at all the comments made here, many of which are based on rumors and nothing else, and you better understand why the prestige of America has declined to where it is currently. Fact is, many people of voting age haven't traditionally bothered, and of those who do, many of them shouldn't be allowed to cast a vote that would determine anything other than this season's winner of American Idol.

"Barack Obama's favorite color is blue, so I'm not voting for him if he wins the nomination!" This is the level of stupidity far too many people who vote are mired in, and so I highly doubt that whomever is chosen as the nominee of either party will ever be the right person for the actual tasks that lie ahead, either now or at any point in the foreseeable future. Barack speaks of hope, and I can appreciate that, but I'm a realist by nature... Idiots abound.

February 11, 2008 10:40 pm at 10:40 pm |
  2. Cheney

Niether want to be endorsed by Pelosi or Reid. The Speaker and Leader are poor examples for the Democratic base. I'd probably vote for the one NOT endorsed by Pelosi and Reid. Perhaps endorsement is off the table. Haha.

February 11, 2008 10:40 pm at 10:40 pm |
  3. Andrew Kenneth

I'm an Obama activist and i think what he did was wise.
    Best to stay out of it and see how things develop.
    I will hold my nose and vote for HRC if she is the nominee,
    but i doubt that will happen since she's adopted being a looser like her fellow New Yorker Gulliani.
    She was supposed to be the Nominee by now, how she lost Missouri,Conneticut and Deleware is just astonishing.

February 11, 2008 10:40 pm at 10:40 pm |
  4. Gene

I bet they are glad he won't endorse them

February 11, 2008 10:40 pm at 10:40 pm |
  5. Boberino

Chris, Middletown, CT, it's people like you who will always make a place in the world for those in denial. The great thing about sheep like you is that all one has to do is come up with some to be irresponsible and you follow. This is how Republicans get elected.

February 11, 2008 10:41 pm at 10:41 pm |
  6. Sanjong Thapa

'man-made' global warming is the biggest crock of crap that the counter-culture has ever tried to get over on the voting consumer

February 11, 2008 10:42 pm at 10:42 pm |
  7. E. C., Houston, Texas

Perhaps Gore should have run again. He's certainly more experienced than either of the two he won't endorse, and I wouldn't endorse them myself. Obama' doesn't have a clue about anything, because he lives in La La Land. And Hillary is far too divisive and disliked to be President.
    Vote for a Democrat and U.S. Citizens will be paying much higher taxes immediately .....all in the name of Free Government Programs: Free Health Care, Free School, Free College, Free....Free....Free.... It's Not Free!.

February 11, 2008 10:43 pm at 10:43 pm |
  8. Mike R.

"I don't like Obama because he's not as experienced and I don't think he has family values. He's a millionaire and yet allows his grandmother to live in poverty.
    I don't share the same values with him."Girl Power

I have grown tired of reading these blogs because of constant and repeated lies like the above. When will it end. I haven't seen a Hillary supporter say one completely accurate or truly damaging thing about Obama yet. Makes you wonder what the problem really is.

February 11, 2008 10:44 pm at 10:44 pm |
  9. dudley doright

To tell you the truth, global warming is, and really should be considered the most prominent issue in the current administration, and even more so in the next.

I am young voter, and the issue of global warming is really what got me motivated to participate in politics.

Al Gore, this is for you.

You had a freakin responsibility to run in this election, no doubt, you would have won. Your the only person in this country with enough devotion to the issue who has enough power to actually change(i said it, maybe i should run :)) our country for the better. You had the power to make this country energy independent, and to make this country clean. No more petty wars, and no more BLOOD FOR OIL.
    Going beyond our nation, global warming is a grave danger to the whole world. Just think our great country could have really done its part to save the world, and Mr. Gore, you could have done yours.

February 11, 2008 10:44 pm at 10:44 pm |
  10. dudley doright

BTW, your my hero Mr. Gore.

February 11, 2008 10:45 pm at 10:45 pm |
  11. Irene Adams

My opinion of Al Gore has just risen to the highest levels.

It is the honorable thing to do. I have some much respect for him at this moment that right now he has a lot to be proud of. In fact he is and will stay one of the most respected elders of the party by making the right choice.

This shows he has much integrity. He is thinking of the country and not himself.

He has accomplished much in his lifetime and his family should be very proud of him. I certainly am. It is so refreshing to see someone genuinely respect this country.

February 11, 2008 10:46 pm at 10:46 pm |
  12. John B.

Al is a loser, a has been, could not win his OWN state-who cates what he thinks?

February 11, 2008 10:46 pm at 10:46 pm |
  13. Randy G

Hey Eric, I know ur an Obama surrogate trying to win Hispanic votes. That's dirty!
    I'm a Hillary supporter to the End! I'm Jewish and don't care is she has any Jewish people working on her staff. I'm looking at how caring, well focused and Very well Qualified! Hillary '08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 11, 2008 10:47 pm at 10:47 pm |
  14. Rex

Hillary is a politician. Obama is a movement! A movement, a moment on our society capable of great change and progress. Forget the endorsments and superdelegates. Lets get this over with so we can gear up for McCain and the November election. Please vote for the candidate that is truly sincere and hasn't sold out to Washington. Please cast your vote for OBAMA!!!

February 11, 2008 10:47 pm at 10:47 pm |
  15. vincentjohn

So he's not stupid like I thought he was!!!!!!!!! Let's hope he keeps up the gppd work....

Bye Bye Hillary and Obama

February 11, 2008 10:49 pm at 10:49 pm |
  16. Latino for CLINTON

I completely respect Gore and his right to wait. Ultimately, Clinton will win. GO HILLARY!!!!

Latinos love Clinton! (no love for Obama here)

February 11, 2008 10:50 pm at 10:50 pm |
  17. Tully, San Leandro , CA

Al Gore is doing the right thing, the wise thing. I hope John Edwards will do the same.

February 11, 2008 10:51 pm at 10:51 pm |
  18. Alexis

Please, Al, run for the good of the country.

February 11, 2008 10:52 pm at 10:52 pm |
  19. Mike

Gore might be like me and trying to figure out how Obama really feels about different issues.

February 11, 2008 10:53 pm at 10:53 pm |
  20. Andrea

Mr Eric, you definitely have a right to your opinion. I just want to call to your attention that hispanics/latinos,blacks, whites appreciate the help they have received while President Clinton was in office, and what Hillary has worked so hard for.

No Way will our community vote for Mr Obama

Best Wishes to you, Sir

February 11, 2008 10:54 pm at 10:54 pm |
  21. MWR

Gore can hold his endorsement and can play mediator and elder statesmen...for now.
    If it gets down to a deadlocked convention, he can step forward and help tip it one way or the other. It is wise for him to "speak softly and carry a big stick "..which would make a later, well-timed announcement or suggestion much more important.

February 11, 2008 10:55 pm at 10:55 pm |
  22. Yoseph

Well, truth be told ..... If Obama wins I am voting McCain or I hope she will run independent. I am Democrat and Black but this time I sure do know what I am doing.

February 11, 2008 10:56 pm at 10:56 pm |
  23. Von

Sen. Clinton has already been attack by the GOP attack machine and is still standing strong against John McCain, Clinton has weathered the storm. Sen Obama has never been opposed by the GOP attack machine,what in the world will happen if Sen. Obama gets the nomination ,he will be faced with the GOP attack machine and then we can all watch his polls fall faster than they rose and the certainty is that his negatives will rise.As an un-challenged candidate he will not stand the storm.

February 11, 2008 10:56 pm at 10:56 pm |
  24. vincentjohn

So he's not stupid like I thought he was................. Al Gore
    Let's hope he sticks to that.... and Hillary and Obama can pack there bags and go back to Washington, and workaren't they supposed to working now...., I thought they were Senators?????? are they being paid by us taxpayers, while they are campaigning....

I forgot we have so much $$$$$ to pay them.....

February 11, 2008 10:58 pm at 10:58 pm |
  25. andy k

Hillary is a panderer and will use Latinos as long as it suits her needs, no more. For a "liberated" woman, she sure seems to be running on her husbands reputation with Latinos. I will vote Obama

February 11, 2008 10:58 pm at 10:58 pm |