February 11th, 2008

Sources: Gore has no plans to endorse

(CNN) - He's the most prominent Democrat yet to take a side in the presidential election, but two sources close to Al Gore tell us not to expect the former vice president to endorse either Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama any time during the primary season.

The sources say Gore talks with both Clinton and Obama, and is on good terms with both. But with Sen. John Kerry and Bill Clinton both aligned to a candidate, Gore has a role to serve as the neutral elder statesman in the party.

Click here to read the rest of this post.

Filed under: Al Gore
  1. devi

I hope GORE runs for president. I am 200% sure he will win. If Hillary is not the nominee of Democratic Party., I think Gore should run for PRESIDENT . Gore should run for PRESIDENT.

February 12, 2008 01:09 am at 1:09 am |
  2. White and gay

Gore looks good and I am sure Hillary would love to . . . . well, you know cause I know I sure would.

February 12, 2008 01:11 am at 1:11 am |
  3. Bree

He probably isn't saying anything because he wants to endorse Obama, but feels like he can't because he was Bill's VP and he doesn't want to really hurt Hillary's chances by slamming her by endorsing Obama publicly.

February 12, 2008 01:11 am at 1:11 am |
  4. Caitlin

To Jules:

Jules wanted to know why, "if Obama is JFK," isn't he saying "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country." Jules felt that Obama's government would "give everything away."

Have you listened to any of the speeches? Because the last two I saw and heard suggested that college kids would be required to give back in order to receive the college credit – community service, volunteer, or... join the Peace Corps (you remember who started that one, don't you?)

I personally don't believe he's another JFK... yet. He hasn't proven anything to me. But does he sound like him and inspire like him? By all accounts, yes. I'm just hoping he can lead a country like him.

February 12, 2008 01:12 am at 1:12 am |
  5. Pelon

Hillary should drop out NOW for the sake of the Democrat Party just like Romney dropped out for the Republicans.

February 12, 2008 01:16 am at 1:16 am |
  6. ATLGirl

Wow...all of the serious Obama hating by the latinos on this blog reminds me of the snarling that poor whites used to do regarding black southerners.

Way back when, the White Citizens Councils across the south used to keep poor whites from uniting with their black counterparts by essentially saying.."unite with us with us...even though you've got bad schools an no jobs, at least you're not black"..

Looks like the latinos may be falling for the same line...Sad.....

February 12, 2008 01:19 am at 1:19 am |
  7. Rick

Gore is a liar...Unamerican....And a goof ball....Get out Albert

February 12, 2008 01:25 am at 1:25 am |
  8. park more, New Orleans

I do not trust Obama. he is pro-war. Whatever he is saying is not true. It does not make sens, he want to finish war in Irak and start a new one in Afganistan or Pakistan. He is not himself and we could go to disaster. Obama supporters, just read his program, just read it once

February 12, 2008 01:29 am at 1:29 am |
  9. Anita

So Solis-Doyle WANTED to step down–punish Cllinton? Even if Clinton asked her to step down, why not if the goal to win is not being achieved? As a Hispanic, I resent the shallow thinking that one should not support Clinton for making a decision to improve her campaign–look at the big picture folks!

February 12, 2008 01:39 am at 1:39 am |
  10. Cyndi

I will support whoever is the Dem nominee.

That said, Obama actually took the time to march in the large immigration rallies as a U.S. Senator here in Chicago. One of only two - the other was Ted Kennedy

And some joker upstream had a whole list of false statements about Obama. He won't release his Illinois legislative records? We are proud of his records and his accomplishments. And Rezko, etc. has been proven that he did nothing wrong. And the lies go on and on. People love to repeat made up stories. The Powers That Be are afriad that we will get a real man of the people in the White House.

I know the rest of America only sees an image, but he is a genuine and gracious man to those of us who know him in Chicago. God bless him and God bless you all. I wish you knew just what an opportunity we have here.

February 12, 2008 01:44 am at 1:44 am |
  11. eric barthel

all latinos make me cry most of them don't have a peper so they believe Hillary gona give them you gona loses your hopes soon.

February 12, 2008 01:58 am at 1:58 am |
  12. Seaweed

I think Gore is just waiting for a complete deadlock at the convention and then he can come riding heroically to rescue and be nominated by acclaim.

February 12, 2008 02:00 am at 2:00 am |
  13. be practical

just remembering a post i saw on another site. someone who said he was latino and for obama – he said "estoy latino." any real latino knows that should be "soy latino." unless he was trying to say he is just temporarily latino or something like that.. just goes to show you can't really believe what everyone says on these sites. anyway, eric, a lot of latinos remember what the clintons have done for latinos for many years, starting with hillary since the 1970s, and will vote accordingly.

February 12, 2008 02:01 am at 2:01 am |
  14. Minority

As a minority in the States with a good view of the international politics, I believe the United States of America is in need of an experienced nurse who can sew up her wounds, not a plastic surgeon for a quick appearance fix.

America does not need Change (Obama) as much as it needs to Heal (Clinton).

I urge you to not blindly vote for the most photogenic or handsome candidate as this is not Hollywood.

Please wake up from the pop culture brainwash that the media has created, Americans, and show the rest of the world how intelligent and grounded you really are!

February 12, 2008 02:04 am at 2:04 am |
  15. Connie

CNN, post that one about Clinton only releasing her tax return AFTER she secures the nomination!!! This woman is a JOKE!!!

February 12, 2008 02:06 am at 2:06 am |
  16. Raiza

I'm a latina and I'm voting Hilary!.... Obama is not clear of what he will do for is us and by us I don't mean just Latinos. Hope and dreams will not fix our problems... VOTE HILARY!

February 12, 2008 02:45 am at 2:45 am |
  17. Susan

Gore did a smart thing to stay out of it. Hillary is a nightmare and I agree with the post that Clinton's skank past cost Gore the election. I think if he truly supported Hillary he would have supported her and campaigned for her. That he hasn't speaks volumnes. I think 30 years of Bush/Clinton is enough..I'm so sick of the these people.

Obama 2008

February 12, 2008 02:56 am at 2:56 am |
  18. Conspiracy

Conspiracy Theory:

Republicans have united in force to beat out Clinton by endorsing Obama. Psyche war tactic.

Democrats must not fall into this trap!

February 12, 2008 03:07 am at 3:07 am |
  19. deroy

who is gore?

February 12, 2008 03:07 am at 3:07 am |
  20. Iain Ritchie

Jeff, Dallas – Tx is correct, if he decides to vice one or t‘other, you have the winner.
    Jeff, keep posting your comments, Gore is a wise man but needs a little push?
    So push, my friend, for your comments are also wise!

February 12, 2008 03:10 am at 3:10 am |
  21. Iain Ritchie

Jeff, keep posting your comments, Gore is a wise man but needs a little push?
    So push, my friend, for your comments are also wise!

February 12, 2008 03:10 am at 3:10 am |
  22. deroy

solis doyle is similar to bill richardson a wealthy boston brahmin educated at private schools and tufts u. by his wealthy boston banker father (probably a republican) a wealthy castlian spanish woman and then guillermo has tried to spend the last twenty years impersonating a mexican fron NM.

voters don't buy off on these ethnic ;ies, remember anyone can pull these ethnic rabbits out of their hats.

February 12, 2008 03:10 am at 3:10 am |
  23. Tom,des moines

Hey guy!Hillary need ours help.please donate money to her campaign now.

February 12, 2008 03:13 am at 3:13 am |
  24. Gavin M

Ok, even though Gore has his right not to endorse, I have to say I am personally disappointed and offended that he is not with Clinton.
    They were very close and had so many great experiences together, plus he of all people know the persaverance Clinton demonstrates and knows that she will GET IT DONE (whether it's ending the war or finally addressing global warming).

....But like I said he has the right to make his own decisions, so OBAMA PEOPLE, PLEASE DON'T START YOUR HATRED AS USUAL

February 12, 2008 03:15 am at 3:15 am |
  25. justsomeone

Al Gore is the best president the United States (n)ever had. We ended up with George Bush instead!

February 12, 2008 03:23 am at 3:23 am |