February 11th, 2008

Sources: Gore has no plans to endorse

(CNN) - He's the most prominent Democrat yet to take a side in the presidential election, but two sources close to Al Gore tell us not to expect the former vice president to endorse either Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama any time during the primary season.

The sources say Gore talks with both Clinton and Obama, and is on good terms with both. But with Sen. John Kerry and Bill Clinton both aligned to a candidate, Gore has a role to serve as the neutral elder statesman in the party.

Click here to read the rest of this post.

Filed under: Al Gore
  1. Marti San Diego, CA

Who cares? He's a total has been at this point.

February 11, 2008 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  2. Cindy, Calfiornia

I wish Gore would endorse; he could put an end to this madness!!!

February 11, 2008 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  3. cyrus

I Like Hillary, but days of recycling politicians are over. She need to pack her bags and get out. Same case with Mcain.
    U.S. A needs a new beginning. Obama is The man to bring it.

February 11, 2008 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  4. Claustro

Gore should run. Again. I bet he'd win. Again. It makes me sick, literally, that he's not in this race. He has to run at some point, no?! He's the only Democrat I'd vote without question.

I was just listening to KGO and this dude said he doesn't like Hillary because she divides the party, and he likes Obama, even though he doesn't know much about him, or where he stands on things. He went on to say it might be a good thing to not know, to get someone in who is fresh.

Am I on drugs? (Rhetorical)

Let's just vote Sam the Freaking Video Store Owner in then?! What the heck is that anyway? We don't know where he stands on the issues, and we don't know much about him, so let's vote him in as the most powerful man in the world?

Democrats are a LAUGHING STOCK right now.

I'd still vote Gore though, despite the idiocy of the party, currently.

User Status: Annoyed

February 11, 2008 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  5. Ron Klemp

I say let all the fuss die down and then do what we should have done in the first place; have a Gore Obama ticket, with Hilary as secretary of Health and Human Services, and let's get to work......RK

February 11, 2008 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  6. Manuel, Pearland, TX

Eric from Texas you make no sense whatsoever.

Hillary moved Solis to an advisory role for cause.

Hillary also has a long record of support for the Hispanic community in Texas and throughout the US. Obama has no record of support for the Hispanic community nationally and a very limited record in Illinois.

Hispanics in Texas will come together an vote for Hillary.

February 11, 2008 06:47 pm at 6:47 pm |
  7. Sara

I am a Republican and I know there are A LOT of us who feel this way.

If it is McCain and Obama I WILL VOTE FOR OBAMA.

If it is McCain and Hillary I will vote for McCain.

If Obama gets the nomination he will win the election by a landslide because both Democrats and Republicans will vote for him and he will bring this country together.

February 11, 2008 06:47 pm at 6:47 pm |
  8. Dudley Fernandez

I think the rest of the democrats should learn from Gore and stop endorsing candidates. I received emails from Ted Kennedy @infoBarack and from Kerry informing me that they had endorsed Barack and it was my turn. What do these dumb-- think I am?

February 11, 2008 06:48 pm at 6:48 pm |
  9. corbett

Gore had my vote in 2000. He would have had it in 2004. And, this year, as we see, he's the smartest guy no longer in politics. If only, 8 years ago, the media hadn't had their own agenda to denegrate and bring Gore down to Bush's level, we would have avoiding so many of the catastrophes the current president has brought upon us.

When history judges our era, it will look favorably on Gore. And if he can facilitate reconciliation or a non-brokered convention come the end of summer, he will have topped off two very impressive years as a private citizen.

In short, Al Gore is the man.

February 11, 2008 06:48 pm at 6:48 pm |
  10. Bob G.

Al Gore for President – Better Still – Gore for Emporer of the World!

February 11, 2008 06:48 pm at 6:48 pm |
  11. Frustrated Democrat

I wish Al Gore would run for President. Hillary and Obama are tearing the Democratic Party apart. Neither of them has enough experience to run this country, especially Obama. Has anyone looked at his voting record? Where does he stand on all the important issues? I am sick of both of them and plan to vote for McCain if he gets the Republican nomination.

February 11, 2008 06:52 pm at 6:52 pm |
  12. Rick

Tell me...anyone here, please. If Gore ran this year (from the start) would we even be talking about Obama or Clinton?

This guy would have won his presidency back in a walk. Gore won Florida in 2000. He'd win nationwide in a landslide in 2008... but. Maybe he knows that the Dems, no matter who wins, will be in trouble in 2012 and he will then take his rightful place in the White House. I hope so.

Rick
    Port Orange, Fl.

February 11, 2008 06:53 pm at 6:53 pm |
  13. marky

He's going to be Obama's body guard.

February 11, 2008 06:54 pm at 6:54 pm |
  14. ANTI CLINTONS

Who cares what the coward Gore does or says, he is a big blow hard anyway. Him and his B.S. about global warming, what a farce. Live in fear, change your lives the world is burning up! it is all of mans fault! Just to raise taxes for meaningless things that won't work, just to screw everyone over.

God is in charge, not Gore!

Obama!

February 11, 2008 06:56 pm at 6:56 pm |
  15. Steven

God I love Gore! Seriously. I think he is a true Democrat and I also still believe he won back in 2000...wait he did-the popular vote.

I think whoever wins the nomination they should allow him to work 100% to promoting an environment policy that benefits us all.

February 11, 2008 06:57 pm at 6:57 pm |
  16. Anonymous

If Obama isn't the Democratic candidate and Hillary is, and McCain selects Huckabee as his running mate, I would have to vote for Hillary.

February 11, 2008 06:57 pm at 6:57 pm |
  17. Wordsmith

What's John Edwards say about Al's decision?

February 11, 2008 06:57 pm at 6:57 pm |
  18. me

Well after the Dean endorsement and Dean's meltdown...it is the smart thing to do.....stay out of it until the primaries are over!!!

February 11, 2008 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  19. Jeffrey

I think that Gore is a good man and would have made a wonderful president, and I think that he is doing a good thing by staying out of it for now, but all of or most of these really nice comments for Gore aren't consistent with many of the other pages with comments.

What I mean by that is if Gore was in the race for the presidency there wouldn't be all these good tidings and cheer for the man, there would be just more ridiculous rhetoric from both sides, from democrats and republicans.

People are just saying nice things because he isn't running against their choice, otherwise this comment section would look a lot different. So why are most of you acting like you like the guy or would vote for the guy now. When you'll had your chance you blew and now we're the most hated country and the world for it. So if you're sincere about liking the guy continue but all you losers who voted against him for George W. Dunce keep your fake praise.

February 11, 2008 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  20. Art

What is wrong with Al Groe if he is not running for the job he should endorse Hillary Clinton. After all he was second in comand for eight years

February 11, 2008 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  21. JMS

Thank you Al Gore. You are the only smart democratic leader left. Endorsements should come after the candidate is chosen. I have lost all respect for the Kennedy
    clan, John Kerry, Claire McCaskil and all the other rats who have endorsed a candidate.

February 11, 2008 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  22. Matthew Sudhir

i wish gore was the president of the US.i hoped he would be the next president after bill clinton. He would be a good for the countrys economy & an able administrator.A very inteligent man. look at him his face shows charector.

February 11, 2008 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  23. Randy

If Obaman isn't the Democratic candidate and Hillary is, and if McCain selects Huckabee as his running mate, I would have to vote for Hillary.

February 11, 2008 07:01 pm at 7:01 pm |
  24. GREGORY KLINE

AL GORE IS THE BEST PRESIDENT WE NEVER HAD
    Or Howard Dean, tough call. Two great Statesmen. Now there's a ticket!
    This time around, it's definately Obama.

Being an election junkie, and knowin every delegate counts;
    CNN, Please give us the AMERICAN SAMOA & VIRGIN ISLANDS results!

CNN, Please give us the AMERICAN SAMOA & VIRGIN ISLANDS results!

CNN, Please give us the AMERICAN SAMOA & VIRGIN ISLANDS results!

February 11, 2008 07:01 pm at 7:01 pm |
  25. SLO Bear

I think it's wishy-washy pre-2000. I like the "Inconvenient" Vice President Gore better. It may not be easy to stand up against the machine, but Obama and the country could sure use some timely help.

With regard to the smoke-filled room scenarios, not to worry: I'm sure they'll be no shortage of elders, if needed. And an Obama sweep of all the races through PA should provide all the necessary unity and momentum to take back the White House and fix the nation.

February 11, 2008 07:02 pm at 7:02 pm |