February 19th, 2008

Wisconsin voters brave cold; Hawaii voters enjoy warm weather

(CNN) - Voters in the latest battlegrounds for the Democratic presidential nomination faced very different treks to polls and caucuses Tuesday. Wisconsin voters braved single-digit temperatures and a windchill advisory while Hawaii caucus-goers expected to enjoy temperatures in the 80s.

Both groups will shape the course of the tight race between Democratic Sens. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, while Wisconsin and Washington state voters could help Sen. John McCain finally knock his last major rival out of the Republican race.

Full story

Filed under: Hawaii • Wisconsin
  1. Braineel

Get out and vote for Obama people stop this harsh madness. Obama did not steal his words, he was encouraged to use them by his friend.

Is Hillary going to say words do not matter and then turn right around and focus on them?

Is Hillary going to attack Obama on Rezco and then later admit her campaign took money from him too?

I Hillary going to whine about debates when debating saves her needed money?

Is Hillary going to try to seat Florida and Michigan after agreeing to the party's ruling?

Is Hillary willing to do anything to win no matter how much it hurts her party?

Yes she will!

Obama is clearly the superior campaigner. Please Wisconsin, brave the cold and vote Obama!

February 19, 2008 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  2. Will

Obama gave a better speech though and was far more inspirational then Gov. Patrick, so what, the point is he gave a motivational speech that got the crowd fired up.
    Maybe thats why Billary is mad, she can't give a speech thats inspires or motivates, I mean listen to John McCain fire up a crowd....MONOTONE & Boring.

February 19, 2008 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  3. Peace

Kathleen, I disagree with you a little bit. People in Wisconsin are well educated. They can┬Ęt be twisted like that. They saw the Negative Ads of Hillary and when the Patrick issue came, they do understand what is behind it. We wait and see how the results will come out. I can bet now.

February 19, 2008 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  4. Rick, Madison

I voted in Wisconsin, but I really wish I were caucusing in Hawaii.

Go Obama. Sweep today and roll through March.

February 19, 2008 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  5. Frank

No, Kathleen! We are certainly not stupid and we see right through the empty rhetorics of Obama. How much can he lie and how much can he try to fool the people that so easily fall into his trap of feel good speeches, which now seem to be not all coming from him. We have woken up and the game will change!

February 19, 2008 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  6. ahmed canada

I am canadian but to watch and listen American allection is intresting , seems to me Obama is gaining momentum, hope he will win if he is a right for the job.

February 19, 2008 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  7. Kate

Desperate times call for desperate measures and Hillary is definitely desperate as she sees her previously impenetrable position eroding. I believe that people will see this as a clear example of her "say anything, do anything" mentality in her quest for power and it will work against her. Puh-leeze! Hill and Bill need to just go away now.

February 19, 2008 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  8. Mark, Delaware

Please save this email for after the General Election so you can email me and tell me I was right......You will be very sorry with OBAMA as a candidate against McCain. We will lose the White House again.....only this time BUSH won't have stolen it, it will have been won fair and square. He is not ready now, soon....but not yet and it will make us all sad when we see another 4 years wasted.

She is the better candidate against any R. Most of you are so wrapped up in this that you can not see our future. Our colective lose.

February 19, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  9. Elliott

I am a Wisconsin voter that will be participating tonight. I have been talking with other Wisconsin residents over the last month and none of them have said they support Hillary Clinton, but they were voting for Obama.

Just this last Sunday, a county snow-plow stopped at the end of our road to take his lunch break. I stopped and talked with the guy and he said, he was listening to his guy Barack Obama on the radio.

This gentleman was a white, blue collar, Wisconsin voter just like many others I've spoken to in the last month.

WE THE PEOPLE FOR BARACK OBAMA!

February 19, 2008 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  10. Pro Clinton Canadian

Like the rock stars who can stir the teenagers up to a frenzy, Barak Obama has the kind of charisma that can intoxicate the college crowd. They have done as much to contribute to his cash coffers as the teens do at the box office by using their internet skills to build a nation wide outpouring of both enthusiasm and funds for his campaign.
    But Obama is not seasoned enough to take on the huge task he has set for himself. Hillary is the one who is magnificiently prepared. She was born to be the presidential nominee who will sweep away the chaos left in the Bush years and develop sane, workable policies both domestically and internationally.
    She is the best presidential nominee the US could ever hope for after the terrible time of troubles brought on by the neo consof the last eight years. There is much Obama could do as Secretary of State, if not Vice Pesident. Four years hence it could be his turn.
    Up here many hope that Americans will come to their senses and recognize that they are being manipulated by college freshmen, juniors and sophomores who have given him what must rurn out tobe a temporary lead.

February 19, 2008 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  11. all

Hillary and Obama!
    I would like to see time frame to fulfill your promises, not on Irak because is difficult situation, but on other issue like economy health care etc....
    How long is going to take to implement all programs – 1 Year, 3 years maybe 5 years or until new election.
    Give us the date.

February 19, 2008 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  12. shaun

and to think...people see the clintons doing this, and they still vote for her...how pathetic. Oh yeah...Ohio will always vote wrong.

February 19, 2008 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  13. YWC

Hillary is very evil and mean. I use others words, because their is a powerful meaning to their statement, it helps me to be more effective.

Cindy McCain you can't touch Michelle Obama with your sarcastic words, before you criticize ask the person for a clear definition, this will not stop voters from voting for OBama, I went today and voted for Obama. Cindy and Hillary are sisters, both are mean and evil.

February 19, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  14. ahmed canada

it is intresting to watch or listen American election specially Democratic party either candidates are smart and qualified the job but looks like Mr OBAMA has a momentum.
    hope he will win .

thanks cnn I enjoyed watching you.

February 19, 2008 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  15. Hillary all the way

Now I think it's Hillary's time, momentum will come to Hillary's side as Hillary chip away some of Obama's core support.

February 19, 2008 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  16. Hillary all the way !!

Now Hillary will get the momentum, momentum will finally find her as Hillary chip away Obama's core supporters.

February 19, 2008 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  17. Celia Maher

Obama and company repeatedly go negative and attack Hillary and her supporters-using an "offense" tactic. When Hillary and supporters (incl. Bill) respond with "offense" defensiveness, the media carries the flapping coming from the far left that accuses Hallary of being negative, defensive, and racist. The last time the Democratic Party put up a left wing liberal for President-we lost...again. This moderate democrat is going to leave the party if the left wing liberals prevail again and choose a candidate for me that I can't support (I reluctantly supported Kerry as he was the best- worse choice over Bush). I'm hoping that if Hillary doesn't get the Democratic Party nomination that she will run as an Independent so moderates of all parties have a candidate to vote for. Maybe Huckabee will run as an Independent and the Republican right wingers will have someone they can support. Then we would truly have a "democratic" presidential election free from the control of the party(s) elites!

February 19, 2008 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  18. victor, NC

The Clinton have shown their true faces and tactis. America deserves better.

February 19, 2008 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  19. victor, NC

The Clintons have shown their true faces and tactics. America deserves better.

February 19, 2008 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  20. Anonymous 2

Clinton is shameless and will do anything for power.
    She makes me ashamed of bein a woman.

February 19, 2008 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  21. Zappy D

CNN, Stop picking and choosing posts, please!

With you in Wisconsin and Hawaii, is Maryland, just another insignificant state.

Go Obama 08!

February 19, 2008 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  22. Jean

this is to kathleen in illnois I guess you are if you vote for obama you are showing your lack of what is right. GO Clinton!!!!! the only person for the job. What are you a want to be? She only says the truth about Obama wake up people before its to late. Jean

February 19, 2008 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  23. From US citizen working abroad

Good luck Obama. Words are indeed powerful tool for hope and change. Just make sure the words are yours.

We need solutions not copied speeches. What a copycat!

February 19, 2008 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  24. stephen, Dallas

I believe the whole thing is very interesting. I pay attention to it everyday. I think about me and my family. Who is best, suited to lead our country. I like change, especially if theirs an opportunity for something new different and excitement and energy. I think we all need that in our lives. OBAMA 08

February 19, 2008 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |
  25. Conan

Kinda cold here today in Hawaii. Low 70s and some clouds. Burrrrrr.

February 19, 2008 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |