February 27th, 2008

Obama tops new national polls

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/POLITICS/02/26/schneider.poll/art.mccain.obama.gi.jpg caption=" New national polls show Sen. Barack Obama, right, trumping Sen. John McCain in November."]WASHINGTON (CNN) - Three national polls of Democrats show Sen. Barack Obama is the front-runner for the nomination. But what's behind this latest momentum?

There's growing evidence that Obama is seen as more electable than Sen. Hillary Clinton.

If you average the "poll of polls" - AP-IPSOS, USA Today/Gallup and CBS/New York Times - Obama leads Clinton 50 percent to 40 percent, with 10 percent unsure.

Full story

1. Alice Rea

Are American's nuts!

Read the article about Louis Farrakhan an Islamic Radical King and be worried.
    Chicago Times and Chicago Sun Times Feb 24 or 25 2008

Then check out Wikepedia and see who Louis Farrakhan is.

We should be investigating this more. Especially if you have any Jewish friends or family.

9/11 should have woke us up

What are Americans doing....sleeping!

February 27, 2008 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  2. jydox a true black American

Americans please Texans please let us come behind Clinton to save America everyday i cry when i see what is happening in America and how america is gradually falling but i am confident that the Labours of our heroes past will save us from this situation we have found ourselves and deliver us from Obama. I ther plead with you fellow Americans to vote for Cliinton.I know you all know that this woman is the best choice now.She will take us back to where we belong and save our gradually collapsing econom. Once again i call yu people from Ohio .Texas, Rhode Island to save America you can still do it if you vote for Hillary .This battle is not over yet. I know there is light at the end of the tunnel.SAVE AMERICA. THANK YOU FOR YOUR VOTE AND GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 27, 2008 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  3. Ellie Carter

Hillary blew her last chance to make a drastic change on what she claims she is being "misunderstood". I feel Hillary has HAD 8+ years during the White House and as a Senator to make herself UNDERSTOOD. The big stink she made about having to answer the first question was down right childish. AND whole The Luis Farrakhan issue was a mute issue in my book. Barrack Obama is far more intelligent to get caught up in that type of theatrical tactics. Senator Obama is doing EXACTLY what a PRESIDENT should do; he's calm and collected, he sticks to the issues, he walks the talk and he's connecting with the people from all walks of life. HE is what this country needs because the status quo and the old song and dance is clearly NOT WORKING!!!

February 27, 2008 11:00 am at 11:00 am |
  4. tina

Here is the reality of the 2008 Democratic campaign. Last fall Hillary Clinton was the front runner. She was ahead by double digits in the national polls. Her arrogant campaign NEVER took Barack Obama's campaign serious because they were so sure of themselves. They can blame the media all they want, but Hillary Clinton is HILLARY CLINTON!!! She is the wife of a very popular former president, she is a Senator of New York State, she has 35 years of experience in politics. Basically on paper she should be the Democratic nominee, but her campaign screwed themselves. Hillary is visably angry, frustrated, quite frankly she is pissed off that she will not be the nominee. Finally, the Clinton's have met their match and they don't know how to handle it. If anyone is to blame about the failure of her campaign, the blame falls solely on Bill and Hillary Clinton's old school political tactics!

February 27, 2008 11:00 am at 11:00 am |
  5. unbiased

spin..spin...spin..thats all these media does. I dont expect anything from these polls anyway!!!! Come election, we know whos is going to win!!

February 27, 2008 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  6. Rockymo

It is over for the Clinton dynasty and we should all be hopeful that a new era in politics will be ushered in. A vote for Mc Cain is a vote for 4 more years of Bush which would be intolerable. I think the anti-Obama Dems. need to examine their own issues around race as there are really not much difference between the two candidates. Some argue "experience". Well look at Bloomberg and Arnold...and other moderates who have never held office and are doing a great job!

February 27, 2008 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  7. Tony

Senator Clinton came across with much dislike for Senator Obama
    and plenty of hatred for Mr. Farrakhan.

HILLARY ALL WE NEED IS LOVE!

February 27, 2008 11:02 am at 11:02 am |
  8. Emily Coletta

I love how Hillary supporters describe Obama supporters as stupid, American -Idol watching slaves of fashion.

Oh well. Our votes count just as much as yours.

February 27, 2008 11:02 am at 11:02 am |
  9. Tom

Happy Guy in NH - how can "hate mongering" be allowed on this board while those with relevant comments get scratched – CNN. I'd like to hear your answer.

February 27, 2008 11:02 am at 11:02 am |
  10. Danielle dejean

barack you will win hillary cliton is a sore looser .obama you are the best dont give up love your bigest supporter danielle forget what her people are talkin about.keep the faith we will make a change

February 27, 2008 11:03 am at 11:03 am |
  11. MPG

I missed last night's debate, but read the transcript in it's entirety. Obama's words or answers appeared to be presidential, uniting, knowledgeable and statesman-like. Sen. Clinton seemed to not fare so well, and must have known it to attack Obama on issues that are of little relevance when looking at the big picture. Last night Senator Clinton had the perfect opportunity to show herself to really be qualified "from day one" to be a leader not a politician....and she blew it.

I still don't count Clinton out, but the nails are adding up and it'll be tough to fight her way out of that coffin.........

February 27, 2008 11:03 am at 11:03 am |
  12. David K

I hate the fact that both democratic candidates are taking part in politics as usual, throwing daggers both directions.

I would love to see with a real presentation and real numbers, how each plans to fix the economy, take on health care or fix social security.

Give me a powerpoint presentation over all the jabs and digs any day.

I hate to think that Americans are making their decisions based on the childish bickering we see on TV

February 27, 2008 11:04 am at 11:04 am |
  13. WestCoastMessenger

Problem with polls – they a) include Republicans cleverly posing as Democrats to attempt to interfere with the Democratic party process, b) include people that don't vote, and c) twist people's thoughts in a preplanned direction. Are these the same people that were polling in New Hampshire?

February 27, 2008 11:05 am at 11:05 am |
  14. DoveSong

Liz: You are a racist. You have no place in the commom decency of America. Pack your bags and move back into the whole that you climbed out of.
    Everyone has a choice to choose who they want to be elected. That is the American way. RACISTS are not patriot.
    To prove the point, I will vote for OBAMA, because he is the BEST candidate for AMERICANS.

February 27, 2008 11:05 am at 11:05 am |
  15. liz

Healthy people have full range of their l their emotions. Sociopaths hardly ever show anger when on the hunt.

February 27, 2008 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  16. Indie in Iowa

I just thank god that Nader is in, I get to pick from 2 men that I respect. Nader or McCain. Obama, I am still waiting to see if he is as good as his word about public funds for the general election. Till he does, I am just going to think he is nothing but hot air. Keep your word, or just shut up.

February 27, 2008 11:08 am at 11:08 am |
  17. David, GA

not a big surprise here. he is the lesser of two evils. while not a fan of Obama and his policies, McCain is a downright mess.

February 27, 2008 11:08 am at 11:08 am |
  18. Dennis, Anchorage, Alaska

I hope that Texas, Ohio and Rhode Island keep the debate going. I think they will all hand victories for Senator Clinton. The more time she as from now on the better she does. She's hit rock bottom, and now its time for those states to show that Democrats have real issues with putting an inexperienced too-smooth-talking candidate as our nominee. He's all hat and no cattle, while she's been working for the causes we care about for 35 years!

February 27, 2008 11:08 am at 11:08 am |
  19. rusty

HILLARY – will be good for the economy,environment,healthcare,foreign policies,human rights (because women are human too!!!),education. .I'll keep it short – good for America!!

OBAMA -he will be good for AMERICA too , according to his speeches.

My fellow Americans, vote for what's best for all of us. VOTE 2008!!!!

February 27, 2008 11:09 am at 11:09 am |
  20. Emma

Last night's debate was the most substantive one that I have watched out of the 20 debates. Both Russert and Williams asked probing questions and wouldn't allow the candidates to not answer an important question by having good follow up questions.

Last night I witnessed the growth of Barack Obama and soon realized that I could be watching the future President of the United States of America and my heart burst with pride. Here is a young man who kept the debate positive and worked to maintain civility. I soon realized that I can imagine him sitting at the table with a Putin or Castro and any other hardliner and could see him diffusing, debating, offering solutions and walking away from the table with a committed effort from everyone involved.

I was a supporter of Hillary months ago, but as I become more engaged in the primaries I soon found that Hillary does not display the kind of sensitivities required to be President and be able to bring warring factions together and be the peacemaker. It is very hard being a peacemaker if you continue to stand toe to toe and look at solutions from a battle standpoint. Last night I saw Barack rise above that type of politics and all I can say is welcome to the next President of the United States of America – Barack H. Obama.

Emma
    Temple Hills, Maryland

February 27, 2008 11:10 am at 11:10 am |
  21. unbiased

I can promise this much, my friends, I have not see this much vitriol that we are spewing on each other is too much. Are we not supposed to fight the Republicans in the election? I have not seen hatefilled and obscene comments in the Republican blogs against their own candidates. They are more issue-based rather personal attacks. I believe how immature we are. Obama is not leading by leaps and bounds in delegates. He is just ~100 delegates over Clinton and we dont even know how these so-called super-delg's are voting. Hold your fire and be civilised here. There is already much bad blood spilled.

February 27, 2008 11:10 am at 11:10 am |
  22. carl

To be frank about the whole political drama, is that the democratics is less likely to win the general election, because off all the bickering thats going on. both canidates are great. but the fact of the matter is. the republics will be in office again. so both an african man and a women still wont have a chance to win this election..

carl

February 27, 2008 11:11 am at 11:11 am |
  23. NuNu

I am a black woman over 40. I do not vote for Obama just because he is black, I know many who do. Obama repeats after Clinton he does not have any new idea.I just wish every body to research about
    their candidates before they vote.
    Go Clinton, She is the best.

February 27, 2008 11:11 am at 11:11 am |
  24. speechless

What makes Obama the best candidate?
    What does anyone really know about the MAN?
    Not just the politican!
    November 8, 2004 even Obama admitted he didn't have the 'experience' to run for the presidency.

February 27, 2008 11:13 am at 11:13 am |
  25. unbiased

"Problem with polls – they a) include Republicans cleverly posing as Democrats to attempt to interfere with the Democratic party process, "

Here goes another "vast right wing" conspiracist nut!!!

February 27, 2008 11:13 am at 11:13 am |