February 27th, 2008

Obama tops new national polls

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/POLITICS/02/26/schneider.poll/art.mccain.obama.gi.jpg caption=" New national polls show Sen. Barack Obama, right, trumping Sen. John McCain in November."]WASHINGTON (CNN) - Three national polls of Democrats show Sen. Barack Obama is the front-runner for the nomination. But what's behind this latest momentum?

There's growing evidence that Obama is seen as more electable than Sen. Hillary Clinton.

If you average the "poll of polls" - AP-IPSOS, USA Today/Gallup and CBS/New York Times - Obama leads Clinton 50 percent to 40 percent, with 10 percent unsure.

Full story

1. wrongpagesorry...

Yo, just so everyone knows about the CNN censor fascists, they won't post my hilarious, mood lifting, x rated, non-campaign-related comment.
    So much for freedom of press, expression, etc...

February 27, 2008 11:32 am at 11:32 am |
  2. lisa

It amazes me that the American people have resulted in choosing their president by "the person who speaks and relates to people". This person no longer needs have experience but because he is nice and waves his hand that is who we want as a leader. I don't know about everyone but when is the last time someone became president actually went out and related to the American people. It only occurs during the campaign. Come on people!!! Maybe in a few years when he has experience but we have two other candidates that have experience. I think about it hmmm....if I was about to undergo heart surgery, would I want someone with 20 years of heart surgery experience or someone who just graduated medical school? Well, I am glad the American people are not choosing for me. At least I still get to make that decision....Yes I will go with the doctor with 20 years of experience.

February 27, 2008 11:33 am at 11:33 am |
  3. SuZ in RI

Yeah Yeah... Texans just are confused right now, all the eyes are on them so... they just follow the crowd without processing anything first...!

February 27, 2008 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  4. Danny

I think last night's debate dramatically underscored Clinton's superior command of both the economy and international polotics. She talked easily and with a great deal of knowledge about the political changes in Russia, the Serbian-Kosovo situation, and the always contentious Middle East. Her economic experience is closely tied with an administration that actually balanced the budget. Experience counts, no company hires an intern to be CEO.

February 27, 2008 11:40 am at 11:40 am |
  5. Johan

About hands on experience. This campaign is Hillary's to lose. Her experience made her underestimate her opponent, she also selected a poor advisory team, and to try and regain what was handed to her she has adopted a hit and miss approach. In every debate she shows that she does not understand that nobody cares about the colors of the walls. Everybody wants the cracks repaired first. With her as commander in chief I would not sleep easy. It took her a year to get ready for this poorly conceived campaign. How can she be ready on day one to lead a nation.? Please be a good neighbour and give us Obama.

February 27, 2008 11:41 am at 11:41 am |
  6. Ronnie

i didn't think that you would have the nerve to post my comments. it is so very clear that the majority of "news outlets" are totally anti Clinton. you all constantly bash Senator Clinton and hold her to a very different standard than Obama. wake up america you are being used and fooled again.

February 27, 2008 11:43 am at 11:43 am |
  7. jan lindsey

Wake up Americans. This is NOT a "debate" contest ability.
    This is NOT who's the best speaker between Clinton & Obama .
    This is all about our future Country's Security, and our responsibility to our Allies around the globe.

February 27, 2008 11:44 am at 11:44 am |
  8. BABU

I have been a voting democrat for 14 years. I supported President Clinton and originally planned to vote for Senator Clinton in November but because of her and her husband's rantings, I've changed my mind. Senator Obama will be a better president!

February 27, 2008 11:48 am at 11:48 am |
  9. GOPHater

If McCain winds up in the White House, Americans will deserve everything, and I meand EVERYTHING, they get. I've had it.

February 27, 2008 11:48 am at 11:48 am |
  10. Chris

For all those who are saying "I will move to John McCain". I say to you. Please ..Do it now...why wait...You know Hillary is going to lose.

It is very immature for Hillary supporters to leave the democratic party just because Hillary did not get the nomination. It is funny that you would rather have someone who does not even care about healthcare and willing to stay in Iraq for 100 years. I thought Hillary's supported are more educated than that. I was wrong.

Obama will will the Presidency because he is a uniter and he is going to bring in more republicans (at least Ron Paul's supporters) to the democratic party.

WAY TO OBAMA. HILLARY SHOULD QUIT BEFORE SHE DAMAGES THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY.

February 27, 2008 11:50 am at 11:50 am |
  11. DongHuong Louw

Obama is by far the most lucid, electable and enigmatic candidate availble. McCain is just another "Warhawk" wanting to waste time, money, and American lives in Iraq.

Hillary is just a Clinton...

For those of you hang-on to the "Freedom isn't free" dogma... its a volunteer milatary – why don't you do the "Patriotic" thing, and JOIN!

But you won't... the whole lot of you all are actually cowards... all talk, no walk....

Peace out

February 27, 2008 11:50 am at 11:50 am |
  12. U*N*I*T*Y

America needs to start practicing saying the name PRESIDENT OBAMA because he'on his way to the white house with President Bush's eviction notice. TEXAS SUPPORTER

February 27, 2008 11:50 am at 11:50 am |
  13. Maria

SHAME,SHAME ON AMERICANS who are voting for people who want to kill unborn children and support same sex marriage.Wake up Americans!
    If Obama or McCain[both democrats] wins...you're going to get what you deserved.

February 27, 2008 11:52 am at 11:52 am |
  14. Independant

Ex Texas Senator Phil Gramm is McCains` chief economic advisor. --Look out !!!!! -– Nuff said---

February 27, 2008 11:52 am at 11:52 am |
  15. Keith, GA

National poles (like immigration reform to the various candidates) means nothing. There is no such thing as a national election. If we had a national election Al Gore would have been president in 2000.

February 27, 2008 11:55 am at 11:55 am |
  16. Anonymous

Hillary did a good job, but the simple fact that she will do or say anything just to get back in the white house is disturbing to me it leaves me to think she out for the fame.

February 27, 2008 11:56 am at 11:56 am |
  17. Garry

I believe that Obama is leading in the polls alright, The media polls. You have formed everything that he stands for. He has nothing of his own to say. Just like Hillary stated last night in the debates, they ask her the questions first and he says i believe Hillary is right, or I agree with what Hillary says, again other peoples ideas. Come on Obama get some of your own.

February 27, 2008 11:59 am at 11:59 am |
  18. California Voter

So what are these polls supposed to tell voters? You vote for one who is ahead in the polls or the one who is behind in the polls? If Obama is nominated, I'll vote for McCain.

February 27, 2008 11:59 am at 11:59 am |
  19. peace

Clinton says let stick to the facts but her attacks on President Obama are all opinions.

February 27, 2008 11:59 am at 11:59 am |
  20. Maria

DOVE SONG.....you're blinded by Obama's charisma.He's the most liberal among candidates.What did Obama mean when he said, CHANGE.Change our religion into --.Change the constitution into --.

February 27, 2008 12:00 pm at 12:00 pm |
  21. Cale

The media has decided who will be the next president; they always have since the era of Andrew Jackson. I’m a young only 23 y/o so this is the really the first time I have voted. I've watched the debates and listened to the candidates. In hopes to gain my own opinion of each candidate. This is hard to do when you see “political analysts” trying to interoperate what each candidate means after each debate. I’m not an idiot... I don’t need your biased opinions slammed down my throat, its distasteful to young voters and unsettling in my mind that people don’t even have the chance to form there own opinions.

February 27, 2008 12:00 pm at 12:00 pm |
  22. james

you obama backers are retards....

February 27, 2008 12:00 pm at 12:00 pm |
  23. wake up

why do you think he's the EX senator

February 27, 2008 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  24. carol

I think the debate last night was great and that Hillary by far out did Obama. It's very true, the press always criticizes Hillary Clinton. She is a great lady with so much more experience and she handled herself very well last night. It' s shame people are so ugly to her. She's has done so much for American and I think she is great for what she has to endure with the media.
    It's not over yet and I hope she keep strong and know she has a lot of support .

February 27, 2008 12:04 pm at 12:04 pm |
  25. insane woman

BYE BYE HILLARY its time to go know before you make an even bigger fool of your self I heard someone refer to you as Hillary Huckabee.

February 27, 2008 12:07 pm at 12:07 pm |