March 19th, 2008

Clinton documents released

WASHINGTON (CNN) - The National Archives has released Hillary Clinton's schedules during her eight years as first lady.

CNN is currently reviewing the documents.

Full story

Earlier: Archives to release Clinton's first lady schedules

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Charles (California USA)

I hope that CNN will report all the positive things from the report instead of just looking for items that would have a negative effect on Hillary's nomination bid.

Fat chance of that happening – right guys?

March 19, 2008 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  2. Kenneth

To Lisa-Oklahoma (comments above): HRC is being asked to release her 2006 taxes. We know the 2007 taxes are not due until 4/15/08, but folks want to see the 2006 taxes. I hope this helps.

March 19, 2008 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  3. bigben

You Obama supporters are so rude to the Hillary supporters.
    What makes you think that we would vote for Obama in the general election.
    He is going need the Clinton supporters , if he wants to win.

March 19, 2008 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  4. Say What???!!

Interestingly, 31 pages of the REAL IMPORTANT STUFF hasn't been included, MIssing they say?! hahahaha LMAO!!

March 19, 2008 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  5. Never McCain

Let the games begin. You will find that Hillary's claim of 35 years of experience is just silly and stretching on dishonesty. If she were applying for a job and claimed this in her resume, she would be disqualified from applying.

March 19, 2008 12:03 pm at 12:03 pm |
  6. NickNasc

TAXES AND CLINTON LIBRARY DONORS LIST OR NOTHING!!!! THIS IS A DELAYING TACTIC!! WE already know she has no real experience. Heads of STATE have come forward to out her lack of involvment in the things she claimed to have done.

March 19, 2008 12:04 pm at 12:04 pm |
  7. CNN=Fox News

Thanks for your comments Clintonistas – the combination of your smugness, refusal to reach out to the other side, and sheer idiocy exactly reflects your candidate. Will be interesting to see for ourselves the paucity of Clinton's much-touted "experience."

Go Obama!

March 19, 2008 12:06 pm at 12:06 pm |
  8. Brent FL

Okay, now I want ALL of Obama's documents released from the time he was a "community organizer", Illinois Senator, and part-time attorney for a political lobbyist firm in Illinois. I want to see completely transparent records of all his dealings with Tony Rezko and the Exelon Corporation. Of course it needs to include not only all meetings but also the legislation he worked on to repay Rezko and Exelon for their generous contributions to his campaigns. I'd also like to see all the records concerning Tony Rezko's fund raisers for Obama and the sweet real estate deal he engineered so Obama could afford the mansion and adjoining strip of land. Complete copies of all tax returns for at least the last 10 years, too. Let's see just how much transparency Obama is willing to reveal. (You Obama fans, just cool your jets, Hillary will be releasing her taxes by April 15 or shortly after.)

March 19, 2008 12:06 pm at 12:06 pm |
  9. Hillary Supporter

CNN has been rather kind to Obama, but not quite as accommodating to Hillary. I get the sense it just may be deliberate. Obama gave a speech to justify his mentor Rev, Wright and got accalades from CNN as to a "Great Speech".. I think it falls short of seeing the bigger picture, why Oprah left this church and Obama stayed listening week after week this anti white rhetoric. I now have a better understanding as to why Obama does not wear the Flag Pin on his lapel and why he doesn't place his hand over his heart when he pledges allegiance. His way is to turn the focus from himself toward Hillary so he becomes the subtext and she the story. Nice try Obama, see ya!

March 19, 2008 12:06 pm at 12:06 pm |
  10. GO HILL!!!!!!!

OK, now we all can find our what Hillary had for breakfast in 1995...YAY!

WHERE ARE OBAMA'S RECORDS FROM THE ILLINOIS STATE SENATE AND WHERE ARE HIS TAKES FOR ALL YEARS BEFORE 2006????????????????????

March 19, 2008 12:06 pm at 12:06 pm |
  11. Mark Diplomat

Thank God we have an honorable candidate in Mr. Obama who has prided himself on transparency, integrity, admitting to human frailties, and now, to raising the level of race in America to a respectable, intellectual level.

He is so correct that we must move forward into the 21st century, and leave behind vicious, hateful sentiments which do nothing more than pull and tug at the American fabric of society.

Draw together, end the polarization of the Clinton campaign, and re-focus the next weeks and months on issues of critical importance to ALL of US - the sad war in Iraq, our flagging reputation in the international community, faltering economy and mortgage mess - and concentrate on what America once was, and will be, as a more "perfect union."

March 19, 2008 12:06 pm at 12:06 pm |
  12. Godwin

If you think you have found the smoking gun on Obama due to his race and Rev. White, then you have not seen a thing. I say, just wait until Hillary releases her tax returns and donor records. I cannot imaging a more forceful way for the Clintons to win again than to just lay it all out and let the world see. If there isn't nothing to it, then stop acting like there is. By all means, please release the records on April 15, not April 23.

March 19, 2008 12:08 pm at 12:08 pm |
  13. Dan, PA

Could Obama release the same records of his political life?

Mind you this is just a portion of Hilary's political career.

More importantly, character that simply can't be put on paper – such as strength and great resolve – is what makes me believe this woman can get us out of this mess.

March 19, 2008 12:08 pm at 12:08 pm |
  14. TheLeftNut

HERE'S AN IDEA...

VOTE DEMOCRATIC!

Problem solved.

March 19, 2008 12:09 pm at 12:09 pm |
  15. scott lymann

once these clowns all read it, they will say "now what"
    – you people are always against the clintons, it is sad.

SHOW US THE RECORDS< SHOW US THE RECORDS then when they are released people question the timing. I am glad that all you people who throw stones are so informed.

Clowns, the lot of you.

March 19, 2008 12:11 pm at 12:11 pm |
  16. MPM in CA

If you support Clinton, we have to do something about CNN's coverage. All the videos about Obama are all lop sided. They are supposed to bring one Clinton supporter and one Obama supporter but all of them seem to be supporting Obama. What the heck is going on. See it for yourselves. Listen to the ugly words they use when they refer to Clinton and listen to the wonderful words they use when they talk about Obama. It's not fair!!!
    Everybody seems to be raving about his speech but to me it is nothing but a cover up of his inexperience. He has gotten a lot you fooled. I think he is nothing more than a salesman who uses words to sell his product. He is the kind of salesman that can sell the ugliest car and still come out smelling like an air freshner. But, at the end it's all fake. It just covers up the stink temporarily.
    So go ahead. Let yourselves be fooled.
    To me, I am still sticking to the one who I think can run this country better. Go Hillary!

March 19, 2008 12:11 pm at 12:11 pm |
  17. Chunnie2008

Obama gave us Americans a commission, search your ourselves, our hearts, our souls and see if there are any evil in us, (the evil of racism. The one without sin cast the first stone. America's racist past has damaged many people white and black. Now we have a chance to vote for a decent human being, not a perfect human being,because non is perfect, but a smart, intelligent, God fearing man, a man who loves this country Fox news got hold of a few sound bites of a radical preacher, and I must agree the bites were disturbing, But do you condemn a decent man because his minister preaches a social gospel, the wayall the African American preachers preaches, is he is to to be condemned?. Before you all go ahead and throw out the baby with the bath water, investigate the pastor, see as the Senator said, all the wonderful things he as being doing for the community. If African Americans of that age group have a rage like we see on the sound bites, without seeing the entire sermon, then one must ask the question, what or whom gave them that rage. CNN, I hope you will print my comment this time.

March 19, 2008 12:11 pm at 12:11 pm |
  18. Mary

I don't believe for one minute that the Democrats stand any chance of uniting. The hate that the Obama supporters have spewed forth have convinced this Democrat to NEVER give him my vote.
    McCain will be the next President and that is exactly what the Dems deserve.

March 19, 2008 12:11 pm at 12:11 pm |
  19. merfy

It's insane and sad what I've been reading here. A strong indication that we as Americans have a long way to go regarding race relations. I’m glad Obama put it out there. Contradictions or not, it needed to be said. Quit whining about the timing of it. Quit whining about did he fix the Wright problem. HE ISN’T REVERENAND WRIGHT! Let's move on. Quit calling his church racist. That’s just ridiculous. We should be celebrating the fact that there are two positive forces in the Democratic Party. We should be celebrating all that Obama and Hilary are doing for minorities and women – such as bringing to light that blacks in America are more than rappers, athletes and criminals. They can be successful doctors, lawyers, mayors, governors, devoted wives and husbands, etc. This gives young black children and other minority groups strong examples of what they can become. It's a refreshing change to see that on television now more than ever. It's amazing how influenced many of you are by the media. I'm so sick of black this, white that, latino this, etc. I challenge them (the media) to keep race out of politics for at least 72 hours. Then maybe we could all focus on the issues. It'll never happen though. It's obviously too good for ratings. The bottom line is always the dollar isn't it? Also, CNN – QUIT CALLING IT "THE RACE SPEECH “. You get the idea don’t you…? ONCE AGAIN IT'S THE MEDIA feeding the race frenzy and causing further division. Why not refer to it as “The Union speech" or simply use the title "A More Perfect Union." Is it really that hard?

March 19, 2008 12:12 pm at 12:12 pm |
  20. BCNU purple state, usa

Yep, Ol' Hill's the most transparent person in America. We can see right through the blonde hair and dark brown eyebrows. Check her out sometime.

March 19, 2008 12:12 pm at 12:12 pm |
  21. Chunnie2008

The world is watching America, they are watching how you preach democracy to other countries, yet you are willing to quickly condemn others, you OWN citizen.

The world is watching !!!!!

March 19, 2008 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  22. fred

Obama is a divider!!!

Obama's foreign policy accomplishments is......NOTHING!!!

He is a total loser, liar and one of the biggest hypocrites walking the face of this earth.

March 19, 2008 12:15 pm at 12:15 pm |
  23. Ellie

I agree,now we can see where her leadership is from . However, I am sure only favorable documents will be revealed and exactly why aren't her taxes being released before the PA primary? What I do not understand is how she can get away with amking a statement that she agrred to the DNC rules of MI and FL not being counted now, however, she has conveniently changed her mind. Too bad she didn't change her mind abt the war in Iraq-that one vote would have made a difference to me-Mrs Clinton! Also, Mrs Clinton-or Hillary Rodham Clinton, whatever your name is, please don't talk abt the loss of manufacturing jobs, and jobs leaving the US-your husband signed for NAFTA!!!!!!!!!

March 19, 2008 12:16 pm at 12:16 pm |
  24. Hillary Supporter

CNN where is my posting? Everyone I write is held in moderation while similar ones are posted after mine. I think freedom of speech, last I checked was a constitutional right. Isn't that correct? Please post both of mine, as I do check back and again and noticed a pattern here.Discrimination is the word I had in mind

Please refer to the comment policy regarding questions about comment deletion. Thank you.

CNN Moderator.

March 19, 2008 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  25. Wow!

I just went to the archives and picked a year, it took 158 pages just to get through one month! and 2700 pages to get through one year! Sheesh! I was bored by February. Also a bit unnerved. I don't think I could ever be in a position where everyone knew what I was doing, when and who I met with. Having every moment of your day scheduled has to suck. Better them than me.

March 19, 2008 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |