April 8th, 2008

Clinton's bowling skills a bit rusty

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/04/07/art.clintonbowl.ap.jpg caption=" Clinton had a tough time bowling on the Ellen show."]

(CNN) - Hillary Clinton is lucky Barack Obama didn't bite on her April Fools Day wager.

Appearing on the talk show Ellen Monday, the New York senator showed her bowling skills may be every bit as lacking as those of her chief rival. On a makeshift bowling alley on the show's set, Clinton missed the pins entirely on her first try, and only knocked out one on her second and final attempt.

Her bowling performance follows that of Obama, who scored only a 37 at a Pennsylvania bowling alley earlier this month. Obama later called that score "terrible," and joked, "My economic plan is better than my bowling," to which a fellow bowler quipped, "It has to be."

Clinton herself later ribbed Obama for the display, challenging him to a "bowl-off" for the Democratic presidential nomination.

"A bowling night. Right here in Pennsylvania. The winner take all," she said. "I'll even spot him two frames." Clinton quickly revealed that was an April Fools Day joke.

She told reporters later on her campaign plane she even has her own bowling ball, bag, and shoes from her days in the White House, though acknowledged she hasn't bowled since those days.

1. hugo

to be fair to Obama his circle dose not likely include a lot of bowlers–Rezko, Weather Underground bombers, Kenyan co-president cousin, friends he made in Pakistan during college years. Although I'll bet the unreverand Wright can throw a mean bowling ball.

April 7, 2008 07:00 pm at 7:00 pm |
  2. John Smith

Which POLL is Hillary leading?
    1. The delegate count?
    2. The popular vote, or the
    3. Superdels who endorsed Hillary BEFORE she even started tauting her "resume?" Note that a few Superdels have already jumped ship.

April 7, 2008 07:01 pm at 7:01 pm |
  3. maureen

I JUST HAVE ONE THING TO SAY!

REASEARCH BARACK OBAMA THEN SPEAK!

April 7, 2008 07:01 pm at 7:01 pm |
  4. Jake

Someone else mentioned it but Hillary is like the Huckabee of the Democratic party, although much more competitive. The Republicans were worried how Huckabee was splitting up the Republican party and how he needed to drop out and how he was exposing McCain and how it was all doom and gloom. Now Huckabee is out and everything is alright on the Republican side.

Now replace that with Hillary as Huckabee, Obama as McCain and Democrats with Republicans.

Democrats are fighting for their candidate and obviously it's gotten emotional but hopefully when it's all over we can unite like the Republicans did behind our candidate, no matter what your differences with Obama/Hillary may be they're nothing compared to McCain. So hopefully Democrats vote with their brains and not on emotion because this country can not afford another Bush, we can not go around threatening every country that doesn't praise us and we can not continue with this growing deficit.

Lets get our respect back, our pride back, and our country back.

April 7, 2008 07:02 pm at 7:02 pm |
  5. Beverly, Houston

TO: Cheryl 6:50 P.M. WE ARE NOT WITH YOU HILLARY!!!!!!!!!

I would like to ask you the same question. Where the heck have you been for the last 20 years? The Clintons have been involved in nothing but lies and scandals.

Oh, and by the way, Barack was on Ellen's show 2 times that I know of.....So there!!!!!!!!!.

April 7, 2008 07:02 pm at 7:02 pm |
  6. John

Even just a little human interest story brings out numerous hate filled Obamabots. Very juvenile.

April 7, 2008 07:03 pm at 7:03 pm |
  7. Chuck from Pa

Hillary has to go on the Ellen show to show she is human. How pathetic. She is always stealing Obama's ideas. At least he went to a real business with real people (not fake hollywood supporters). She has never had an original idea in her entire life. Ellen probably gave her this one. I don't want a complete phony in the WH again. Maybe PA will be her swansong.

April 7, 2008 07:03 pm at 7:03 pm |
  8. mg

Oh, no, what will Joe Scarborough talk about on his show tomorrow if he can't go on about Obama's bowling.

April 7, 2008 07:03 pm at 7:03 pm |
  9. mark

Joanne, i certainly agreed with you on the ' white Riots' if anything this type of projected future event only hurts Obama. Hillary and Obama are fine Candidates. I am an Obama supporter, but if Hillary wins that's ok too.
    Before Obama, blacks were fine and after Obama blacks will be fine. Enough with all your prediction of how blacks will react if Obama doesnt win. The U.S will be fine with Mccain . Infact, I think if he picks black running mate he would win easily!

As for Hillary Clinton's bowling skils-i am suprised that you suprised- the truth is not in Hillary's blood. i know she couldn't bowl because everything she says is the opposite.

April 7, 2008 07:05 pm at 7:05 pm |
  10. JFK

NickNas

"Are the Penn Voters REALLY this Blind? Is this simple minded ploy enough to make the people of Penn glaze over the 3 latest Scandals in just the last 4 days???"

No Nick, maybe they just are as easily snowed by the Obama show. These so called "scandals" are media driven hype to focus on one person in what is clearly becoming one sided favoring by the media. This blatant influence by outlets like CNN constantly bashing Hillary.

April 7, 2008 07:06 pm at 7:06 pm |
  11. Herb (Landenberg, PA)

"I HOPE HILLARY WINS IF FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN TO SHUT YOU UP."

To Bart in SC: I hope Hillary loses if for no other reason than to shut HER up!

Obama – 08

April 7, 2008 07:06 pm at 7:06 pm |
  12. frank Honolulu HI

I don't think CNN is giving Hillary fair coverage. The headlines are all negative. Is Rove hiding in the CNN offices? Seems like it.

April 7, 2008 07:07 pm at 7:07 pm |
  13. Larry from LA

Is there a TV show that Hillary won't go on. How about "Let's Pray"

April 7, 2008 07:07 pm at 7:07 pm |
  14. Kathy

The word "carpetbagger" comes to mind...

April 7, 2008 07:09 pm at 7:09 pm |
  15. Dem08

Can someone on here please explain why Hillary is so bad..Please type slowly as I am a Hillary supporter and I have been told I am not that smart.

Point..You keep calling names, making accusations and are just plain stupid, but never back up anything you say.

If I were to judge the intelligence of the supporters, I can say the Clinton supporters have not treated Obama the way you treat Hillary.Its my honest hope that all Clinton supporters stay home if she does not get the nomination. I can not support Obama knowing people who support him are such negative people.

One really stupid Clinton supporter..

April 7, 2008 07:09 pm at 7:09 pm |
  16. JFK

Are Obama people so desperate to bash Hillary that they have to trump their one-liner comments as their only defense? The word liar is very serious word and people need to use it more carefully. Half the Obama people do not even know what they speak of. They just repeat "LIAR LIAR LIAR" like a bunch of school kids. Very sad state of affairs. I do not see any improvement with Obama so I will take the more mature and experienced Hillary over Mr. Obama.

April 7, 2008 07:10 pm at 7:10 pm |
  17. JOHN

CHERYL DO YOU WANT TO GO SCANDAL FOR SCANDAL. OK YOU ASKED FOR IT. WHITEWATER, TRAVELGATE, BOSINA, MONICA, JENNIFER, PAULA, PAUL VS CLINTON, THE HOSPITAL STORY, PENN, SHOULD I GO ON. OK HOW ABOUT HILLARY TAKING $850,000 FROM HEALTH CARE LOBBIEST AT THE SAME TIME SHE WAS TELLING THE AMEICAN PEOPLE SHE WAS FIGHTING FOR UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE, BUT DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT, TRY LOOKING AT THE MOVIE SICKO, MOORE POINTS IT OUT CLEARLY.

April 7, 2008 07:11 pm at 7:11 pm |
  18. wanda Williams

Looks to me there are some stupid people on this web ,you voted fore Bush and if you vote fore OBAMA we are in big trouble .He is hiding a lot that will come out later ,Hillary fore me

April 7, 2008 07:11 pm at 7:11 pm |
  19. Tyler, New Jersey

What is wrong with you all?!
    This was a JOKE!
    Let it be
    Only Obama can show personality. Clinton shows a tad bit and she is destroyed!

April 7, 2008 07:12 pm at 7:12 pm |
  20. Beverly, Houston

To: John

Maybe Juvenile (I am young at heart), but at least I am knowledgeable.

April 7, 2008 07:13 pm at 7:13 pm |
  21. marsha

You have GOT to be kidding. Does she have to do EVERYTHING Obama does? Clearly she can't produce an original thought or idea on her own - and when she does attempt it, it winds up being an untruth embellished at every turn.

April 7, 2008 07:15 pm at 7:15 pm |
  22. kathy in ohio

obama supporters are pissed cuz they didnt find anything in hillarys taxes now i want a list of the days he was in church and the sermons for the last 7 years published. Fair is Fair . Oh and by the way the only charity that obama gave to was is crazy church

April 7, 2008 07:16 pm at 7:16 pm |
  23. JOHN

JOHN SMITH I KNOW WHAT POLL HILLARY IS LEADING IN.....THE LYING POLL.

April 7, 2008 07:16 pm at 7:16 pm |
  24. OlvrWhit

Beverly, Houston

I suggest you actually do some research, look past the headlines. Base your opinion on issues and not silly stories created to distract you.

Lies. Yes. As I sai. Clinton has not lied about the women in Ohio. She repeated a story. A story was questioned. The story has been verified by the Deuty Sheriff who told the story. He still claims its true. Can you verify the hospital is telling the truth. Also, Bosnia is a strect to call a lie. People on that trip verify some of the story. Yes, the story is bigger than life when told, but there was a threat of sniper fire, the welcome ceremony was cut short due to security reasons. This has all been blown up on all sides.

As for your crib comment. Whose being childish. Put down the computer and pick up a paper,

April 7, 2008 07:18 pm at 7:18 pm |
  25. Beverly, Houston

TO: Deb You said April 7th, 2008 6:59 pm ET

Obama supporters, read the truth about Hillary.

I do not have to read anything about Hillary that I did not already know for the last 20 years. I have lived during all of it. The lies, deceit, and sleaze that surrounds them.

April 7, 2008 07:19 pm at 7:19 pm |