April 8th, 2008

Clinton's bowling skills a bit rusty

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/04/07/art.clintonbowl.ap.jpg caption=" Clinton had a tough time bowling on the Ellen show."]

(CNN) - Hillary Clinton is lucky Barack Obama didn't bite on her April Fools Day wager.

Appearing on the talk show Ellen Monday, the New York senator showed her bowling skills may be every bit as lacking as those of her chief rival. On a makeshift bowling alley on the show's set, Clinton missed the pins entirely on her first try, and only knocked out one on her second and final attempt.

Her bowling performance follows that of Obama, who scored only a 37 at a Pennsylvania bowling alley earlier this month. Obama later called that score "terrible," and joked, "My economic plan is better than my bowling," to which a fellow bowler quipped, "It has to be."

Clinton herself later ribbed Obama for the display, challenging him to a "bowl-off" for the Democratic presidential nomination.

"A bowling night. Right here in Pennsylvania. The winner take all," she said. "I'll even spot him two frames." Clinton quickly revealed that was an April Fools Day joke.

She told reporters later on her campaign plane she even has her own bowling ball, bag, and shoes from her days in the White House, though acknowledged she hasn't bowled since those days.

1. 4REAL

Hey Hillary since you love TV so much let's see you go on CNN College Tour like Obama and McCain. Are you scared that you will have to answer why you lied? Shut up or put up. You are such a fool Hillary.

April 7, 2008 07:20 pm at 7:20 pm |
  2. guilda

Your headlines are a joke. Did it ever occur to you morons that she wasn't really bowling? Seriously. Did you see her throw the ball to the left on purpose?! You people crack me up. You'll stop at nothing to bash her, even when she's trying to have a sense of humor.

You guys are sad. Very, very sad.

Oh yes and Obama has WAY more of a handle on foreign experience than either Hillary or McCain.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I have a bridge in Jersey I want to sell you...

April 7, 2008 07:20 pm at 7:20 pm |
  3. OlvrWhit

Bev in Houston,

I can read in my crib.....No I see no lies that Hillary Clinton has told.

Your reaction proves who is childish.

April 7, 2008 07:20 pm at 7:20 pm |
  4. KayR

I am an Obama supporter, and also NOT a Clinton basher. I think she should stay in the race. She needs the opportunity to pay people back. I just think we need to give her break, and let her have her moment. She may never have it again.

OBAMA 08'

April 7, 2008 07:20 pm at 7:20 pm |
  5. Barbra

Hillary is the most dis-honest politician in the world. She does not look comfortable doing this its palin to see. In regards tor Mark Penn issue. We Americans have the right to now. Hillary claims she is vetted, I sorry shes not. How can her campaing stragetist be in Colombia making deals in regards to NAFTA and Hillary not now it??. This just dont add up. This is serious stuff!!! We Americans need to know how much she really new about the meeting in Colombia. Hillary is just proving every day that she is dis-honest. Im glad we got to now the real Hillary....Shamefull!!!! Per Hillary Mar Penn got demoted to a lower position..Im sorry that is not enoght. How can you have someone in your staff who is making deals in South America with NAFTS. NAFTA is the reason for many jobs being shipped overseas. The other issue is that she donated over 18 million to her own charity..This is also a great couse of concern. She can bowl all she want she will always be the dis honest Hillary. I hope all my friends in PA come put in full force and put an end to this.

April 7, 2008 07:20 pm at 7:20 pm |
  6. William

If Obama gets elected he will become the first anchor baby president of united states. In a couple of decades we will have the second anchor baby president of united states coming from illegal parents.

April 7, 2008 07:21 pm at 7:21 pm |
  7. Bob, Phoenix

Yeah, but I bet she could throw the thing and hit Bill right between the eyes from 50 paces!

April 7, 2008 07:22 pm at 7:22 pm |
  8. Michael Guinn- Ventura, CA

I love ya Ellen! I understand that you are for Hillary and that's what America is all about. It's ok that you can't bowl either Hillary.
    You can save your effort for the US Senate–that's your best place to show your skills.
    Democrats Unite!
    Obama 08!

April 7, 2008 07:22 pm at 7:22 pm |
  9. Jack

Are we seriously comparing the athletic skills of an older female to a younger man???

Blue-collar voters can make this distinction.... that's why they've overwhelmingly voted for Hillary at Obama's expense

April 7, 2008 07:22 pm at 7:22 pm |
  10. Hillary 08

Beverly, Houston April 7th, 2008 7:02 pm ET

TO: Cheryl 6:50 P.M. WE ARE NOT WITH YOU HILLARY!!!!!!!!!

Beverly, This is Jim , and Yes we are with Hillary, the greastest Lady for President. Go Hillary all the way to the white house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 7, 2008 07:25 pm at 7:25 pm |
  11. JOHN

$109 MILLION DOLLARS THE LAST 8 YEARS. A TIRELESS WORKER FOR POOR PEOPLE. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

April 7, 2008 07:25 pm at 7:25 pm |
  12. AllAmericankid, Marietta, GA

I wonder how long it took her to get prepared for that. Even at 3.am, she needs 30 extra minutes to pick the phone.

April 7, 2008 07:26 pm at 7:26 pm |
  13. Missy M

Come on CNN. Who really cares if either candidate can bowl!? I'm voting for a president not a bowling team capitan. Please, just focus on the real issues.

April 7, 2008 07:26 pm at 7:26 pm |
  14. Jack

Nice idea; cute trick. Now could we get back to the important issues? Not every American can afford to go bowling these days when it costs us over $75 to fill a tank. Clinton and Obama need to start acting like presidential candidates; enough photo ops.

I sure would have enjoyed hearing her spend more of her time discussing her views and how she is going to reverse the disasters left by this administration. If the Democrats aren't ready; maybe we need to look at a McCain / Rice ticket.

April 7, 2008 07:29 pm at 7:29 pm |
  15. Lawrence Coleman

Even though I'm a devout Obama-ite I think this is what makes America great. We, as a country, can laugh at ourselves. Thank you Ellen Degeneris and thank you Mrs. Clinton and especially America for injecting a bit of levity during these bleak times.

April 7, 2008 07:29 pm at 7:29 pm |
  16. Beverly, Houston

TO:: OlvrWhit

You forgot the part I mentioned about the last 20 years. Read John's comment about 5 above yours. You are the one who needs to do the research. DUH!!!

April 7, 2008 07:29 pm at 7:29 pm |
  17. Fran

Obama supporters, can't you take a joke. It is amazing to me how important it is for the Obama supporters to criticize Senator Clinton at every turn. What exactly are you afraid of? That Senator Clinton could actually be the better candidate? You know, people usually come out attacking others if they are supporting a lost cause.

April 7, 2008 07:29 pm at 7:29 pm |
  18. honkey white guy from cali .

how about all that so called charity money they gave away oh yea right they gave it away to there own charity who in turn gave millions away to other charities of the very people endorsing her campaign oh my what a tangled web we weave

Go Obama 08

April 7, 2008 07:30 pm at 7:30 pm |
  19. GL

Deb-

No not stupid- my test scores certainly prove that.
    Hateful? No, disgruntled and disenfranchised perhaps, but never hateful.
    As for homework- Precisely why I support Obama.

April 7, 2008 07:35 pm at 7:35 pm |
  20. Rocky

It's nice once-in-a-while to see her off her campaign, and being her-self.

Best of luck in the race, hope she wins!

April 7, 2008 07:36 pm at 7:36 pm |
  21. S. Shay

So....she bowled a 2?

She is NOT one of use. She bowled like a filthy rich socialite with $109 million in the bank. At least Barack can play basketball like common folks, Clinton is probably not sure what Yahtzee is!

April 7, 2008 07:37 pm at 7:37 pm |
  22. Anonymous

This all Obama supporters are sooooo pathetic. Get a life!!. I want to make clear I'm not a Clinton supporter but, please Obamaties, give people a break.

April 7, 2008 07:40 pm at 7:40 pm |
  23. suzy

TO ALL WHO THINK THIS IS A PLOY TO DISTRACT FROM MARK PENN....ELLEN'S SHOW WAS TAPED LAST WEEK.......

GO HILLARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 7, 2008 07:42 pm at 7:42 pm |
  24. Portland

Looking at all these posts I seriously doubt if this country has a future. The DNC in particular is done for 4 yrs atleast. I want to see Hilly and OBO go head to head in a few more debates. Not conducted by pathetic biased people like Tim Russert and whatever that Brian Dude's full name is. I want to see them go head to head and field 10 questions each live from the people. From 10 Obaminations and 10 HillBillys. And let them answer questions from Rzko to Paul Vs..... to Wright vs Penn and beat the heck out of each other. Where the &*^( do Tim Russert, Chris Mathew and other dunces get off? Who the hell do they think they are? Last time I checked what they are doing is a gross misuse of their positions. All of them should be strippe dof their "journalist/anchor" titles.

April 7, 2008 07:42 pm at 7:42 pm |