April 8th, 2008

Clinton's bowling skills a bit rusty

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/04/07/art.clintonbowl.ap.jpg caption=" Clinton had a tough time bowling on the Ellen show."]

(CNN) - Hillary Clinton is lucky Barack Obama didn't bite on her April Fools Day wager.

Appearing on the talk show Ellen Monday, the New York senator showed her bowling skills may be every bit as lacking as those of her chief rival. On a makeshift bowling alley on the show's set, Clinton missed the pins entirely on her first try, and only knocked out one on her second and final attempt.

Her bowling performance follows that of Obama, who scored only a 37 at a Pennsylvania bowling alley earlier this month. Obama later called that score "terrible," and joked, "My economic plan is better than my bowling," to which a fellow bowler quipped, "It has to be."

Clinton herself later ribbed Obama for the display, challenging him to a "bowl-off" for the Democratic presidential nomination.

"A bowling night. Right here in Pennsylvania. The winner take all," she said. "I'll even spot him two frames." Clinton quickly revealed that was an April Fools Day joke.

She told reporters later on her campaign plane she even has her own bowling ball, bag, and shoes from her days in the White House, though acknowledged she hasn't bowled since those days.

1. MP

She has her own ball? shoes? and she still can't bowl? Yeah thats funny. Almost as funny as making a joke about sniper fire on Leno. My brother was shot by sniper fire, I think it was totally bad taste. The only thing worse than lying about sniper fire is, joking about it later. Hillary, I hope you do go to the convention. I hope you make good on your promise to stay in the race no matter what. That will tear the party apart. There is no way you can win. At best you will prevent Obama from winning the general and in the process ruin the rest of your political career. Thanks for another four more years of McBush.

April 7, 2008 05:50 pm at 5:50 pm |
  2. Mary

challenging him to a "bowl-off"........................."She told reporters later on her campaign plane she even has her own bowling ball, bag, and shoes from her days in the White House"

She made it sound like she was really a good bowler!

My feeling is that it was ELLEN"s idea and I bet you Hillary must have been scared silly.......and practiced a lot before the show started.......Hillary must have said to herself, "oh no, America is going to find out I LIED AGAIN!!!"

Can Hillary be truthful about anything?

April 7, 2008 05:50 pm at 5:50 pm |
  3. Kathryn Chatters

I am a Obama supporter, however I think we should stop bashing Hillary . She should stay in the race as long as she wants, as long as she doesn't throw the kitchen sink or endorse McCain again. Hillary and Obama both should be attacking McCain, and no one attacks better than Hillary. So she needs to get started with her attacks on McCain and between the two of them they can take him down before the convention gets started.

April 7, 2008 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  4. cocoObama

She can't bowl either?? Is there anything she's good at?

April 7, 2008 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  5. Stephen

who cares?

April 7, 2008 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  6. MP

Ireland,Bosnia,Nafta,Cafta,Bowling

April 7, 2008 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  7. Barney

Is it too much to ask that our next commander and chief be a decent bowler? I bet Bill can bowl a mean frame. And women at the bowling alley are just his type.

Sheesh...both of them stink. But to be fair, McCain probably couldn't even pick up a bowling ball at his age.

April 7, 2008 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  8. DAN BUFFALO NEW YORK

You Hillary haters are astounding. She can't do anything right in your eyes. The other thing that astounds me is how "holier than thou" you all seem to be. You chastise her for various "sins", "faults" " things that you have decided she has "lied" about. It must be great to be perfect. Perhaps you should run for president. We haven't had anyone perfect run yet, in my memory. Don't tell me it's different, that it's O.K. for you to lie and cheat, because you're not running for president. We are all held to a standard of truth and goodness, no matter what our position in life.
    Dan

April 7, 2008 05:52 pm at 5:52 pm |
  9. Robert Portland, OR

How come nobody talks about Obama being a cousin of the Bush's and Cheney?

Oh, so much for change...

April 7, 2008 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  10. Tex'un

Her bowling score would have been better had she not been under sniper fire at the time.

April 7, 2008 05:54 pm at 5:54 pm |
  11. Jason

Geeze...

I can't believe what a nutcase Hillary's turned out to be. I was totally set to vote for her when the elections all started but after all her weird shennigans, lies, and vicious attacks I'm completely turned off. As much as I felt good about voting for a woman candidate, I'd rather wait for a woman with honor and integrity. If we elected Hillary that would probably be the first and last woman President.

The more I've seen about Obama the more he's truly impressed me. I feel very good about voting for him. And more than a little sorry for Hillary. I hope she gives in to good sense soon and supports Obama against McCain.

April 7, 2008 05:54 pm at 5:54 pm |
  12. Jill in Chicago

Obama fans sound bitter.

Rise Hillary,

Rise

April 7, 2008 05:54 pm at 5:54 pm |
  13. fred

Go Hillary!!

If you read these statement above, it just proves how stupid the Obama supporters are!!!

And these people are suppose to be educated??? 3rd grade maybe!!!

April 7, 2008 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  14. Sante

WHY YOU OBAMIANS HATE HER. IF HE IS SO STRONG , SHE SHOULD NOT BE A TREAT?

OBAMA IS ON BIG BLA,.. BLAA.. BLAAA... AND TREAKY LIKE A FOX!

WHO DOES NOT LIKE HILLARY, DOES NOT LIKE HIMSELF!

GOO GIRL!!!

MANY PEAPLE ARE WITH YOU!

April 7, 2008 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  15. Marge Hibbing Mn

Hell I have a room full of bowling trophies and guess what.....I throw gutter balls every once in a while. At least she threw a gutter ball in bowling. Obama throws gutter balls in action every day....

April 7, 2008 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  16. Juan Grain

Yea, Yea I know "everythig you can do i can do better" I have heard that wshfull song and dance before, Ha!

April 7, 2008 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  17. pj

wow, you'd think she'd brush off her skills a little?

why is it that everything she does ends up being pathetic?

April 7, 2008 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  18. SC native

I love the Clintons.

Hillary 08'

April 7, 2008 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  19. Jack Hicks, Fort Myers

I told you they should have a bowl off for the top of the ticket.

He bowls like a girl–and she is a girl–they are evenly matched.

Sadly, no matter who wins we still end up getting the gutter ball.

April 7, 2008 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  20. client8

democrats are so uptight...hillary and obama are equal opportunity liars...hillary at least is the devil i know...

GO HILLARY

April 7, 2008 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  21. fred

should read "statements"

April 7, 2008 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  22. J. Craib

Craig, sorry, but it's Hillary in the gutter again, not Obama....it's called metaphor.

April 7, 2008 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  23. Joe Green

Wow, the distractions are coming fast and furious! I hardly even remember that Bill made $52 million in speech fees. And there was somthing about her lying about something? I can't recall!

More bowling! ha-ha, democracy is fun!

April 7, 2008 05:56 pm at 5:56 pm |
  24. John, PA

LOL, I cant believe what makes the news these day.....CNN will report anything to take the focus of Mark Penn lbbbying a trade deal. The voters of Pa will not stand for the lies anymore. Although it is funny watching her hold the bowling ball like that because that is not how you bowl......

April 7, 2008 05:57 pm at 5:57 pm |
  25. Joe

Will you never learn? Hillary does nothing without a purpose. She is trying to sucker Obama into a bowling for the nomination bet. Then she will find a way to cheat and win!

April 7, 2008 05:57 pm at 5:57 pm |