April 21st, 2008

Former White House Press Secretary Tony Snow joins CNN

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/04/21/art.tonysnow1.gi.jpg caption="The former White House spokesman joins CNN Monday night.]WASHINGTON (CNN) - Former White House press secretary Tony Snow will join CNN as a conservative commentator beginning Monday.

CNN president Jon Klein announced that Snow, a long-time political observer with a longstanding news background, will contribute to CNN as the network continues to broadcast winning political coverage.

Snow most recently served as press secretary to President Bush. For 10 years, beginning in 1996, he appeared on Fox News Channel as the host of Fox News Sunday, Weekend Live with Tony Snow and other programs. Before joining Fox, Snow served as a substitute "From the Right" co-host for CNN's Crossfire.

Snow has also been a newspaper writer, radio host and columnist, and a speechwriter in the administration of the first President Bush.

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Mark Mattison

CNN:

PLEASE HIRE SOME JOURNALISTS.

Stop hiring commentators.

April 21, 2008 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  2. Chut Pata

Lets see if he, Lou Dobbs, and Glenn Back combined can spit more venom and hate than O'Reilly. I seriously doubt. CNN needs to hire more hate mongers to compete with the O'Reilly factor.

April 21, 2008 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  3. MICHAEL MILLER

GREAT MOVE ON THE PART OF CNN. MORE GLENN BECK TYPES AND LESS JOHN KING AND WOLF BLITZER CLONES. GOOD WORK

April 21, 2008 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  4. Keith

Glad to see Tony on board.

Great guy, nice to have a well spoken view from the right.

April 21, 2008 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  5. JB Oakland

Tony is a good guy...for a Bush supporter.

April 21, 2008 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  6. J Middleton

Bush-Cheney 2008!!

April 21, 2008 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  7. Macushla

First, Glenn Beck, then Lou Dobbs, now Tony Snow. It's the same as watching Fox. What happened to CNN's objectivity?

April 21, 2008 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  8. Kenny

Why??? Why doesn't he stick with Fox News where he belongs?

April 21, 2008 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  9. Susan

Wow, Fox must be disgruntled 🙂

By the way, I totally disagree that CNN has been pro-Hillary this year. I think it has been an Obama bias that has hurt Hillary. Every day there is a new nasty headline about her. It should be even-handed coverage.

April 21, 2008 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  10. middle-aged american

There goes the neighborhood!

April 21, 2008 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  11. Linda Feldman

Add Snow to the Pentagon/lobbyists they employ and you have the whole catastrophe called "news."

April 21, 2008 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  12. Tom in S.A.

For all you whiners out there, do you not want both sides of a story. Like get a little educated about all the issues. Stoopits!

Good job CNN.

April 21, 2008 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  13. Chuck from Pa

KB...you mean like George Steffinapolis getting hired by ABC. Wow there's fair and balanced. Just in time to submarine Obama for Billary. You liberals crack me up.

April 21, 2008 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  14. AZM

This is great news... it's about time the DNCs personal news service took hired someone to even the keel a bit...

Maybe this will help you move from left (at least a little closer) to center.

April 21, 2008 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  15. Margaret

Well, it's not as if the conservative/neocon/war-monger side was being represented after all.

snark/off

April 21, 2008 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  16. Franky

I don't hate Tony, I think he's alright. But I gotta say, I never heard so much hate towards the conservatives. You see, we could all get along...well, it depends how you look at it, LOL!!!

April 21, 2008 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  17. Betsy, Culpeper, Virginia

Tony Snow is the LAST person I will ever watch/listen to on any subject!

April 21, 2008 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  18. aliou

CAN CNN GET ANY MORE RIGHT WING?

WE SAW IT COMING. I TURN TO FOX EACH TIME I WANT THE REAL THING.

I SUBSCRIBED TO CNN TO HAVE FAIR AND BALANCED. WHAT I GOT WAS FOX II

April 21, 2008 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  19. AMA

We were afraid of this

To much CHEMO and RADIATION can destroy the brain !!!!!

April 21, 2008 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  20. Eric

I thought they already had Lou Dobbs for misinformed comments and biaised views.

April 21, 2008 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  21. jl

As a Republican who supports Obama, I welcome the insight Snow

will bring to this election campaign just as I enjoy the words of Amy

and Bill.

April 21, 2008 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  22. Dana A

Despite Tony Snow's political views which I dont agree with –I have the utmost respect and admiration for him as an individual and his tremendous skills in the the news media arena–Excellent choice CNN !!!

April 21, 2008 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  23. Glennis

I think it's a great move on the part of CNN. Snow is a breath of fresh air. As for all the raging liberals, your true colors are showing; once again protesting anyone who doesn't walk in lockstep with you.

April 21, 2008 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  24. Craig

Great, a professional spin-miester, like CNN needs another one.

April 21, 2008 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  25. Denise

I am getting of all your conservastive commentators. You are suppose to provide news, not try to change America's views.

April 21, 2008 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |