May 1st, 2008

Clinton up with new ad starring Easley

Easley stars in a new campaign ad for Clinton.

Easley stars in a new campaign ad for Clinton.

(CNN) - Hillary Clinton's campaign launched a new ad in North Carolina Thursday that features the state's governor, Mike Easley.

Easley, who endorsed Clinton earlier this week, says the New York senator is "so resilient, so determined."

"These are tough times in America and I think that Hillary is the one we can count on to get the job done," Easley also says in the 30-second spot, titled "Determined."

The ad comes five days before the state's May 6 primary. Barack Obama is considered the favorite, though recent polls suggest Clinton is gaining support.

Full script after the jump

"Determined"

TV :30

Gov. Easley: These are tough times in America and I think that Hillary is the one we can count on to get the job done.

She's going to turn the economy around, she's going bring new jobs, she's going to get some tax cuts for the middle class for a change.

She's going to make health care available to everybody in this country, and she's going to do everything she can to help every child reach their full potential.

She is so resilient, so determined.

She knows how to deliver.

She'll be a great president.

Hillary Clinton: I'm Hillary Clinton and I approved this message.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Pro-Democracy

Wait stop the presses! "Hillary's campaign just pressed 10 new Hillary buttons!" Come on. Why is this news? Lets discuss the merits of the "gas tax holiday."

May 1, 2008 10:48 am at 10:48 am |
  2. Obama is a GODSEND

Can't Dean make her drop out?

May 1, 2008 10:48 am at 10:48 am |
  3. Tyler in Raleigh, NC

No thank you, I am just glad you are not our Govenor much longer. You will not be getting my vote for whatever you choose to do so I hope it's not in NC.

Its great that Hillary continues to try and steal the vote when everyone knows its all over. People like to make it seem that there is still a race, but it has been done as there is no way for her to win but to overturn the votes already in.

I for one am getting fed up and not sure if I will vote for Obama, McCain or 3rd party (again) this November. All I know is I am sick and tired of Clinton and her games.

May 1, 2008 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  4. Fishers, Indiana

Barack Hussein Obama will never be elected President of the USA.

Enough said.

Hillary Clinton '08 & '12

May 1, 2008 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  5. Deb

Great Ad!

I agree with Mike Easley!

We need a President who has the strength to fight for ALL the American People in our Great Nation!

We are looking forward to years of Peace, Prosperity and a balanced budget!

Hillary 08

May 1, 2008 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  6. Obama in 08, 12

I'll say she's reilient....Her husband cheats on her, throws her campaign under the bus and she still "stands by her man".

Is she reilient or power hungry, devious, delusional, and phoney?

I believe the voters have already spoken.

May 1, 2008 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  7. Paul, Charlotte NC

Well, I'm glad you're on your way out, Easley. This confirms just how much you suck.

May 1, 2008 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  8. Michael in Columbus, Ohio

i wonder if he see the light before tuesday and "switch" like the others. Why are these people jumping onto a sinking ship, its like jumping on the "Titanic" and knowing the end result.

Obama '08

May 1, 2008 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  9. Dana in north Carolina

Won't change my vote.....hopefully it won't change anyone elses.
    Obama 08'

May 1, 2008 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  10. CW in DC

Turn the economy around?!?!

BWAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

This from a campaign that was run into the red and is in deep Deep DEEP debt?!?!

I'm sorry, but someone who can't manage campaign finances can convince me they'll turn around the economy. If this "gas tax" BAND AIDE (let's call it what it is folks) is any indication of the kinds of solutions she comes up with to save me $35 the whole summer, I'm not convinced.

May 1, 2008 10:52 am at 10:52 am |
  11. Dave in Atlanta

So when are you going to run for president yourself Easley??

Easley 2016!!

May 1, 2008 10:52 am at 10:52 am |
  12. Connie

Hillary can get the job done.
    Experienced
    Resilient.
    Very intelligent
    And may I add...Certainly very Presidential....

May 1, 2008 10:52 am at 10:52 am |
  13. Susan MO

That will be a good ad.

Hillary 08 🙂

May 1, 2008 10:52 am at 10:52 am |
  14. jj

Maybe that will put a dent in Obama's blind supporters. Who will win in Nov. Not Obama, not enough known about him. Any other things in his closet will only lessen his chances. Do not see how he can bring about the BIG changes he promises everyone. We need fixes right now, this country is too messed up. Changes need to come after we clean up this mess, then make changes so it doesn't happen again by anyone.

May 1, 2008 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  15. proud army and navy mom

Easley is a loser. Who in their right mind, jumps on a sinking ship? a good ole boy of course. the same ones that Hillary disses and says "screw them" for not supporting her husband's woes that lead to Bill's impeachment. smart man, not

May 1, 2008 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  16. Tim in NC

Dweedle-dee and Dweedle-dumb.

Easley has moved from screwing NC to screwing the country.

Thats Bushes job Easley!

Stop making it easier for the Republicans!

May 1, 2008 10:54 am at 10:54 am |
  17. Look byond

I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT ONE THING.
    SHE IS DETERMINED TO DESTROY THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY.
    I THINK EASELY'S NAME SAID IT "EASYEASY"
    TOO EASY TO BE CARRIED AWAY BY SOME ONE WHO IS DRAGGING AND DIGGING A GRAVE FOR THE DOWNFALL OF THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY.

I HOPE THE VOTERS OF NORTH CAROLINA WILL PAY ATTENTION TO A GOVERNOR WHO DOESN.T CARE ABOUT THEIR WILL.

HE SHOULD NOT BE ELECTED AGAIN.

May 1, 2008 10:54 am at 10:54 am |
  18. vic nashville,Tn

Obama lost double digit lead in NC its drop from 17 to 7
    Hillary leading McCain in Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania
    She lead Mc Cain Nation wide by 9 points
    These are the breaking news today
    Shame on you CNN still you are covering Obama
    Hillary 08

May 1, 2008 10:54 am at 10:54 am |
  19. Amachree.

It is very funny that media houses are making to much noise about Dr. Wright, Thus every pastor of a church speak for there members.
    I think that this is grand conspiracy against Obama.

May 1, 2008 10:54 am at 10:54 am |
  20. Brendan D, Niles, IL

Everyone is free to send their money to whichever candidate he or she supports. However, please note that this nomination process is over in everything but name. The more money people send Hillary Clinton's way, the more likely John McCain wins the general. She has become 2008's version of Ralph Nader.

May 1, 2008 10:54 am at 10:54 am |
  21. Veterans for Obama

What a waste of money.

May 1, 2008 10:55 am at 10:55 am |
  22. Montana is Obama Country

"Rich people .... god bless us" – Hillary Clinton 4/30/08 (O'Reilly interview)

May 1, 2008 10:55 am at 10:55 am |
  23. Nancy

WHO CARES!!!!

May 1, 2008 10:55 am at 10:55 am |
  24. nader

YES SHE IS RESILIENT AND DETERMINED TO DESTROY THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY AND THE CHANCES OF WINING THE WHITE HOUSE IN NOVEMBER.

May 1, 2008 10:56 am at 10:56 am |
  25. Dana in north Carolina

How does this new ad make her "up"?

May 1, 2008 10:56 am at 10:56 am |