May 1st, 2008

Clinton up with new ad starring Easley

Easley stars in a new campaign ad for Clinton.

Easley stars in a new campaign ad for Clinton.

(CNN) - Hillary Clinton's campaign launched a new ad in North Carolina Thursday that features the state's governor, Mike Easley.

Easley, who endorsed Clinton earlier this week, says the New York senator is "so resilient, so determined."

"These are tough times in America and I think that Hillary is the one we can count on to get the job done," Easley also says in the 30-second spot, titled "Determined."

The ad comes five days before the state's May 6 primary. Barack Obama is considered the favorite, though recent polls suggest Clinton is gaining support.

Full script after the jump

"Determined"

TV :30

Gov. Easley: These are tough times in America and I think that Hillary is the one we can count on to get the job done.

She's going to turn the economy around, she's going bring new jobs, she's going to get some tax cuts for the middle class for a change.

She's going to make health care available to everybody in this country, and she's going to do everything she can to help every child reach their full potential.

She is so resilient, so determined.

She knows how to deliver.

She'll be a great president.

Hillary Clinton: I'm Hillary Clinton and I approved this message.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. NEW COMER

I don't know how those of you who are for Obama can still be behind him in this race when even his own minister has turned against him. Maybe Wright knows something that we don't know, but should.

May 1, 2008 11:34 am at 11:34 am |
  2. ART in TX

I just played around with CNN's delegate counter. Even with 75% of the delegates in all remaining contests, with the exceptions of 50% of North Carolina, 60% of Indiana and 60% of Oregon...Senator Clinton will still be behind in June.

I was very generous with her possibilities....but TRUTH says, she's done.

Yes She Will is very clearly -> NO, SHE CAN'T.

May 1, 2008 11:34 am at 11:34 am |
  3. Sue

My oh my, all the little so-called intellectual children are just so upset that their man is slip sliding away.

HILLARY O8

May 1, 2008 11:35 am at 11:35 am |
  4. reality check

if you didn't catch Clinton on the NO SPIN ZONE with Bill OReilly you should watch. she is strong and tough and she is the one that make the changes we need. She is not just talk. I agree with Easley. you can't hate clinton all you want but she is the strongest of the three candidates. Most people are just intimidated by her.

May 1, 2008 11:35 am at 11:35 am |
  5. Anonymous

I hope Hillary gets the nomination. Because this is what I hear:

"I'll vote for Obama over McCain, but no way am I voting for Hillary."

Go McCain!

May 1, 2008 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  6. Martin

I like to see Hillary win IN and close the gap to by a 2points in NC. I believe if it happen she will be the president I would to see on Jan 20, 2009 in the white house.
    Go Hillary "08" !!!!

May 1, 2008 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  7. Brewdog

Huffington post reports that Obama has collected 4 endorements today as compared to Clinton's 1. This though has not been reported by CNN (Clinton's News Network) yet!

May 1, 2008 11:37 am at 11:37 am |
  8. Tom

It's interesting that Clinton just won states with big endorsements like
    -Ohio
    -Pennsylvania
    -California
    -New Jersey
    ...

But this time it won't help...

May 1, 2008 11:37 am at 11:37 am |
  9. ds

She's "determined" in the same sense that Bush is determined to win the war in Iraq. Some times it makes better sense to quit.

May 1, 2008 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  10. Hing Channarih (www.camcaf.org)

Hing Channarith,

I am Cambodian. I am strongly support Sen. Hillary Clinton. I think she is the best and care for the world.

Best regards,

Rith

May 1, 2008 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  11. Dave

She can run whatever she wants... it's over, and she lost. And it's a good thing. There has never been a more over-rated candidate than Hillary Clinton. Given the vast ammo-dumps of scandal the right wing has stored up for her, she never was electable... and all she's done with her campaign is ruined the Clinton legacy and waste a lot of money and time. Obama should be focused on fighting McCain already, and yet the party has to waste time indulging this pathetic fantasy.

Hillary is an incompetent. She started out as "inevitable" and when that didn't work out the way they figured on Super Tuesday, they've been trying to play catch-up ever since. And doing a bad job of it, too. Lots of lies, lots of pandering, lots of smears, lots of debt, and lots of consistently bad decisions. How anyone can view the way she's run her campaign and think she'd make a good president is mind-boggling. She's proving how unfit she is, but some people are absolutely refusing to see it.

May 1, 2008 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  12. Mikey, Scottsdale AZ

Hillary is making even George Dubya look attractive.

May 1, 2008 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  13. kisha

This guy has nothing to lose, as he is ending his second term, and can't run for reelection. Could this be an attempt to save face with the Clintons...or some type of favor called in? Why else would he go against the majority of his state? Who knows....

May 1, 2008 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  14. Bill

Go Hillary, Go Easely. Hillary is the only one with the experience, right judgment and fight to get this country back on it's feet.

Goo Hillary

May 1, 2008 11:40 am at 11:40 am |
  15. Virginia Beach

IF A PASTOR IS KNOWN BY THE COMPANY THEY KEEP!
    When the Rev. William Procanick put his hand on the Bible during his
    sex-abuse trial in Oneida County Court earlier this year, he swore to
    tell the whole truth And nothing but the truth. But as the former
    Clinton Pastor was sentenced Friday to three years in prison for
    Inappropriately touching a 7-year-old girl at his Home last March, Judge
    Michael L. Dwyer said Procanick Sacrificed his honesty the day he
    testified.
    Okay, so now that Bill and Hillary Clinton's pastor Has been convicted
    of child molestation, will we see the Same furor directed at Hillary
    that Obama has had to Endure these last few weeks?
    IF A CANDIDATE IS KNOWN BY TH E PASTOR THEY KEEP ......
    Then yo u need to email this article to everyone you Know. Here the
    CLINTON'S Pastor is convicted of child Molestation. So, if Obama bears
    the guilt for his pastor's comment; then Hillary has to be equally
    tainted by this man's crimes.
    GIVES NEW MEANING TO SHOE ON THE OTHERS FOOT...

May 1, 2008 11:40 am at 11:40 am |
  16. Status QuO.

GO HILLARY!

May 1, 2008 11:40 am at 11:40 am |
  17. yaw

The people of North Carolina should do the right thing and Vote for Hillary because if Obama wins 4 years of Rev. Crazy Wright insults on America backed by Obama till it's not Political Profitable to him anymore. Then we might get a changed foe terrorist Bill Eires

May 1, 2008 11:41 am at 11:41 am |
  18. Shane

How can people back a Liar. Clinton Supporters, she lied to you guys and you still support her. How ignorant can you people be?

May 1, 2008 11:41 am at 11:41 am |
  19. Alan Boyer

Whatever! Another whitehead racist who wants to keep the white house white.

May 1, 2008 11:41 am at 11:41 am |
  20. Judi in the heartland

I will enjoy watching her concede the nomination...how about the rest of you?

May 1, 2008 11:41 am at 11:41 am |
  21. Frank

There's only one thing to say.

Governor Mike Easley, You chose poorly.

May 1, 2008 11:41 am at 11:41 am |
  22. Marine Dad

Easley is a winner. Barak is the loser and his followers have too much hate for my country for me to even consider voting for this loser.

My son's commander will be Hillary or McCain. Two people that love America first and put America first.

May 1, 2008 11:42 am at 11:42 am |
  23. Alice Newman Center Harbor NH

I'd much rather have this kind of ad ... allows me to make up my own mind without making me cringe.

I vote for the candidate who can persuade me, not sicken me with negative (usually false) ads.

May 1, 2008 11:42 am at 11:42 am |
  24. MD

How can a governor of a state in America be so dumb?

May 1, 2008 11:42 am at 11:42 am |
  25. Mike from Westchester

Looks like a good ad...and surprise, appears to be positive.

Unfortunately for her, delegate countdown has begun 300, 299, 298, 297......285, 284........to be continued.

What inquiring minds want to know:
    Will she still be holding town hall meetings and rallies and challenging him to debates after his inauguration on 01.20.09?

May 1, 2008 11:43 am at 11:43 am |