May 2nd, 2008

Obama wonders about Paula Abdul

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/05/01/art.obamatopten.gi.jpg caption="Obama will appear on Letterman Thursday night."](CNN) - Barack Obama appeared on the Late Show with David Letterman Thursday night to deliver the Top 10 "Surprising Facts About Barack Obama," including his interest in singer Paula Abdul.

From the home office in Wahoo, Nebraska:

10. My first act as President will be to stop the fighting between Lauren and Heidi on “The Hills.”

9. In the Illinois primary, I accidentally voted for Kucinich.

8. When I tell my kids to clean their room, I finish with, “I’m Barack Obama and I approved this message.”

7. Throughout high school, I was consistently voted “Barackiest.”

6. Earlier today I bowled a 39.

5. I have cancelled all my appearances the day the “Sex and the City” movie opens.

4. It’s the birthplace of Fred Astaire. (Sorry, that’s a surprising fact about Omaha)

3. We are tirelessly working to get the endorsement of Kentucky Derby favorite Colonel John.

2. This has nothing to do with the Top Ten, but what the heck is up with Paula Abdul?

1. I have not slept since October.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Ana in L.A.

Oh God....

May 1, 2008 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  2. Eric-PA

This is an attempt to bring up his quickly falling poll numbers. Nice try.

May 1, 2008 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  3. Sandy, KY

Cute, I'll tape the show tonight.

Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama–we're going to win–YES WE CAN.

May 1, 2008 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  4. Susan MO

You have not slept since Sept?

That indicates you are under too much stress and cannot handle it. And it is obvious Obama lacks experience.

Hillary 08

May 1, 2008 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  5. Gavin

Yeah real funny Barack, how about numer one being "I attended a hate mongering church for 20 years" or "Oprah has financed my entire campaign" Sorry the only joke here is your entire run for office. CLINTON 2008

May 1, 2008 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  6. Maddy

Why is it that the funniest top ten comments are always in the 10-7 area? Love #8.

May 1, 2008 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  7. fred

I will be asleep!! Wouldn't waste my time watching him!!!

May 1, 2008 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  8. @americans

I got to watch this tonight. Tew funny! lol!!!

Love you Barack!

YES WE CAN!!!!

May 1, 2008 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  9. Yeah right!

What about when you get to the Bahamas? ... You haven't been making much sense lately so I guess Rev. Wright, Rezko, Ayers, et al are keeping you up at night. You will sleep thru the 3 am call 🙂

May 1, 2008 05:26 pm at 5:26 pm |
  10. Betty SC

The light is still shinning in the tunnel Obama. Don't give up.

Obama 08

May 1, 2008 05:26 pm at 5:26 pm |
  11. Griff

Then where the Hell, do you obtain all you're Dream's???

May 1, 2008 05:27 pm at 5:27 pm |
  12. Mary in Oklahoma

No wonder he is losing support. He can't even come up with a "funny". Guess he did not have a teleprompter in front of him.

May 1, 2008 05:27 pm at 5:27 pm |
  13. voice of reason, NC

The number 1 thing most people do not know about Barack should be – I didn't quit smoking yet.

May 1, 2008 05:27 pm at 5:27 pm |
  14. sainabou

i wish you win

May 1, 2008 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  15. Sharon Minnesota

He'll get plenty of sleep after August, no more campaigning, lots of time on his hands. Then he can wake up in November to vote for Hillary.

May 1, 2008 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  16. Linda Esen

I loooove how asidic Hillary supporter are....why do you all come to the light and support Obama

OBAMA 08

May 1, 2008 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  17. Mack

Well I'm glad, he could use a smile these days. It's been a hard week for him. But his supporters have not lost faith.

Get some rest, and hand in there, we need you to be your best in the fall, because you WILL be our leader.

O8ama

May 1, 2008 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  18. Hayden

Lame!

May 1, 2008 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  19. Sean

Give it a rest Susan. You were the first one to say how wonderful it was when Hillary went on SNL. How great it was that she had a sense of humor. Well, it goes both ways.

May 1, 2008 05:29 pm at 5:29 pm |
  20. E1944

Gavin
    Your colors are showing.

May 1, 2008 05:29 pm at 5:29 pm |
  21. RG

That Clinton/Paul ticket is getting so strong right now. Oh wait, that's Paul v. Clinton, my mistake.

May 1, 2008 05:29 pm at 5:29 pm |
  22. Nisha

TO ALL THE OBAMA SUPPORTERS:

Since the media is refusing to reveal/report the Paul vs Clinton fraud case in court right now, we need to create our own movement and flood every blog on CNN and every blogging website on the World Wide Web with information from the case regardless of what the topic is. For those that don't know – Google Paul vs Clinton and hold on to your shirt with what you read!!

OBAMANACS UNITE!!! LET'S DO THIS!!

May 1, 2008 05:29 pm at 5:29 pm |
  23. Nick - Arlington, VA

Susan MO -> You have not slept since Sept?

-Ok, have you not heard of a joke? at all? funny ha-ha? i mean obviously the fact that he goes on Letterman and says he hasn't slept means he lacks experience...QUICK...call the superdelegates!! SUSAM MO HAS THE BIG SCOOP!! .......idiot.

May 1, 2008 05:29 pm at 5:29 pm |
  24. MsAnnette, Little Rock, AR

Some of you Obama bashers are real stupid.....check yourselves and get a life. Especially Susan MO and Gavin.

May 1, 2008 05:29 pm at 5:29 pm |
  25. A-Man

Being Canadian our politicians are jokes too. However , I just have to ask the question for the stupid people in the US (not saying all are, just tjis question is for just the stupid ones). Why the heck did you vote Bush in for a second term? Although Barrack is likely just another untrusting slimey politician thinking of himself, you do not know that foresure, so why would you ever support Hillary or McCain when you kinow for fact that you are voting for either another 4 years same as under Bush or 4 years of Hillary's corrupt self serving destruction of the country. Bush just carried on with and enhanced Bill Clinton's self serving policies as a corrupt president serving themselves and friends. Hillary is the exact same. She is a joke of a human being. Again Barrack is likely no better but there is a slight chance. You know you got crap with either the other two. To believe in them shows pure ignorance.

May 1, 2008 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |