May 2nd, 2008

Obama wonders about Paula Abdul

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/05/01/art.obamatopten.gi.jpg caption="Obama will appear on Letterman Thursday night."](CNN) - Barack Obama appeared on the Late Show with David Letterman Thursday night to deliver the Top 10 "Surprising Facts About Barack Obama," including his interest in singer Paula Abdul.

From the home office in Wahoo, Nebraska:

10. My first act as President will be to stop the fighting between Lauren and Heidi on “The Hills.”

9. In the Illinois primary, I accidentally voted for Kucinich.

8. When I tell my kids to clean their room, I finish with, “I’m Barack Obama and I approved this message.”

7. Throughout high school, I was consistently voted “Barackiest.”

6. Earlier today I bowled a 39.

5. I have cancelled all my appearances the day the “Sex and the City” movie opens.

4. It’s the birthplace of Fred Astaire. (Sorry, that’s a surprising fact about Omaha)

3. We are tirelessly working to get the endorsement of Kentucky Derby favorite Colonel John.

2. This has nothing to do with the Top Ten, but what the heck is up with Paula Abdul?

1. I have not slept since October.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Daren, MT

To Susan MO:

Hillary is the one who can't handle it, according to Bill, she doesn't even know what she's saying at 11:00 pm.

May 1, 2008 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  2. Carl III

What is wrong with you Clinton supports? Its a joke... lighten up.

May 1, 2008 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  3. toot

Well if you are complaining about you haven't slept now what will you do if you were President?
    Stop the lying and game playing for sympathy..it is not working anymore!!
    With all the skeletons coming out now nobody would be able to sleep!!

May 1, 2008 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  4. Jamie

Good Fred, go to bed, and one day when you wake up he will be president.

May 1, 2008 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  5. blessed

Senator Obama! Get some rest. You've got this nomination and no one can take it from you. God loves you and that is what matters. They are afraid because the truth is coming out on Hillary Clinton and the media does not want anyone to know about that. They just want you out of site and out of mind because you are black. Ask the Clintons about the Peter Paul vs Clinton fraud case.

Blessed

May 1, 2008 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  6. Tre

Please tell me this is a friggin joke. Is CBS trying to make a buffoon of Obama. The list isn't even funny! Neither was the last time he appeared on Letterman

May 1, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  7. Danny G. Boca Raton, FL

didn't he take a vacation to the islands a couple of months ago?
    I heard all of th stations say he looked tanned and rested... 🙂
    the top 10 was funny.

Rise Hillary Rise!!!

May 1, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  8. Ca Native

Wow – did he write those?? LAME. And nothing about his wacky pastor??

May 1, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  9. James

Oh my goodness. it is so funny.

May 1, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  10. McHillary

Barack will make a wonderful president!!! 🙂

May 1, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  11. Griff

I don't believe it they mentioned, Fred Astaire. I just watched the first scxene, of "On the Beach". Borack Obama.. You're (?) day has come.
    Fred Astaire was in that Movie.

May 1, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  12. JO

Hey Obama ... you can catch up on all the lost sleep when you LOSE!

May 1, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  13. gohillary08

poor baby....:( seems you cant handle it....

HILALRY 08

May 1, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  14. Ardnuas

You GOT my VOTE!!!!
    Obama/Edwards08

May 1, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  15. Jody Reno, Nevada

What a looser!

If this looser is the democratic nominee, I and the rest of my family will vote for McCain.

Obama can NEVER win a general election. Look at what's come out so far, and believe me, there will be more crap come out about this virtual UNKNOWN!

Hillary or McCain 2008!

May 1, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  16. B. Obama

People, lets forget about the whole Rev. Write hoopla. Let;s focus on how the get the bitter white folks to vote in Nov. and the people I dis in Florida and Michigan. Also, we need to be attacking Clinton for her plans to help people now and we are in a great position to do so because I have not come up with any short term strategy yet. A great president does not come up with short term plans and specifics, he should focus on hope and changes in the far future. Please vote Obama, the future will be a better place.

May 1, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  17. K

My poor baby. Get some sleep.

OBAMA 2008

May 1, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  18. Journalism at its best

thanks again cnn, great work. who gets the pulitzer for this piece?

May 1, 2008 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  19. Mike

Of the Top 10 List:

#10 = You will not be the nominee, Senator Clinton will be.

#5 = By the time "Sex & The City" opens, Senator Clinton will be the nominee.

#1 = After Senator Clinton becomes the nominee, you will be able to get plenty of sleep.

Go Hillary!!!!!!!!!!!

May 1, 2008 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  20. PAULETTE

IT IS NOT SO MUCH THAT REV WRIGHT 'S COMMENTS HAVE HIM; IT IS THAT THE REAL OBAMA IS FINALLY COMING OUT!!!!! I HOPE THESE SUPER DELEGATES THAT SUPPORT HIM NOW AFTER ALL THIS WILL LOSE THEIR SEATS!!! IF HE HAD BEEN A WHITE MAN HE WOULD HAVE LONG GONE, JUST LOOK AT HOWARD DEAN, ALL HE DID WAS YELL & IT COST HIM HIS RUN FOR PRESIDENT!!!!

May 1, 2008 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  21. Tim

Paul Vs Clinton!!! Will not stop till we get an answer.

May 1, 2008 05:35 pm at 5:35 pm |
  22. Kitchen Sink politics

PAUL VS CLINTON...................CNN are you going to sit on your hands with this story?? LA Superior Court?

May 1, 2008 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  23. Jazzy

Whatever you do Senator Obama, keep the faith. I have been reading some of the comments made by some people in support of both candidates that are in need of a deeper understanding of what is at stake in this election. It is not about the person, it is about the country. This is the USA and we are all a part of it. Let's try to get along and stop the arguing.

May 1, 2008 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  24. I'm a fighter

If my earned vote wasn't on the line, I'd almost like to see a Hillary nomination just so I would have something to watch everyday as the Republicans peppered her with 527s based on her own camera archives and not some collaged of images of six-degrees of separation guilt.

May 1, 2008 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  25. SLO Bear

Is it just me, or are the majority of Pro-Clinton supporters' comments getting nastier by the day–not bitter, just nasty? Prescription: Change you can believe in.

May 1, 2008 05:38 pm at 5:38 pm |