May 2nd, 2008

Obama wonders about Paula Abdul

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/05/01/art.obamatopten.gi.jpg caption="Obama will appear on Letterman Thursday night."](CNN) - Barack Obama appeared on the Late Show with David Letterman Thursday night to deliver the Top 10 "Surprising Facts About Barack Obama," including his interest in singer Paula Abdul.

From the home office in Wahoo, Nebraska:

10. My first act as President will be to stop the fighting between Lauren and Heidi on “The Hills.”

9. In the Illinois primary, I accidentally voted for Kucinich.

8. When I tell my kids to clean their room, I finish with, “I’m Barack Obama and I approved this message.”

7. Throughout high school, I was consistently voted “Barackiest.”

6. Earlier today I bowled a 39.

5. I have cancelled all my appearances the day the “Sex and the City” movie opens.

4. It’s the birthplace of Fred Astaire. (Sorry, that’s a surprising fact about Omaha)

3. We are tirelessly working to get the endorsement of Kentucky Derby favorite Colonel John.

2. This has nothing to do with the Top Ten, but what the heck is up with Paula Abdul?

1. I have not slept since October.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Nick D

Obama the comedian- the only thing funny is his continuous flip flopping. Hillary can run the country? She can't even keep her husband satisfied. The joke is on the democratic party.

McCain in '08

May 1, 2008 06:13 pm at 6:13 pm |
  2. Renee

Not sleeping because of Blumenthal and crew. Despicable. Embody all that is wrong in politics.

May 1, 2008 06:13 pm at 6:13 pm |
  3. Dazed and Confused in DC

Anybody who thinks this is funny should not be allowed to vote.

May 1, 2008 06:13 pm at 6:13 pm |
  4. Obama for Emperor of the World

I saw Cincy McCain on Leno and Hillary on O'Reilly last night and both weren't funny at all, but yet lot more funnier than Barry will be with his top 10 that don't make much sense.

But then again, we're not electing a comedian!

I'd much rather hear Barry's Top Ten list of sermons he didn't hear from Rev. Wrong!

May 1, 2008 06:13 pm at 6:13 pm |
  5. bola

we are not ready for a female president especially not an arrogant one like clinton who is so desperate for power. i believe she should take a break and keep an eye on bill so he doesn't cheat again while you will be in office

May 1, 2008 06:13 pm at 6:13 pm |
  6. James

I'm sorry for yall who support those who look after themselves first after all

regardless of color, gender or party

but indeed i'm enjoying this politics show, I'm just watching it and not attending...

for free... and i laugh at the end no matter who gets it, cuz it wont really matter to me nor will it change anything for me, they all come and go
    some screw up some don't... but they all get locked in eternal happiness and wealth afterwards (not that they weren't b4)

May 1, 2008 06:14 pm at 6:14 pm |
  7. mitch from ark.

we're behind you barack!!!!

May 1, 2008 06:14 pm at 6:14 pm |
  8. Thomas

"OBAMA SUPPORTER IN IOWA" It was a joke you have no idea who I'm voting for, if you cant take a joke then sorry but you really need help... (I think even Obama would laugh at my top 10). I just think his Top tens are boring. I can make one for Hillary too if you send me some fodder!

Still want to vote... Thomas From Oregon

May 1, 2008 06:14 pm at 6:14 pm |
  9. Mike G

Glad he's going to be on Letterman- People need to see him and know that this man is the one we need so badly at this time!

May 1, 2008 06:14 pm at 6:14 pm |
  10. SanDiegoBob

Hey, you out there with nothing on your minds but tabloid crap... Wake up!

How about reading some about ISSUES?

How about taking a look in the mirror, and trying to figure out how you got so damaged and angry?

The density in your hearts could best be used in your brains!

May 1, 2008 06:15 pm at 6:15 pm |
  11. Dan, MA

Not the funniest Top 10 they've had, but it could be worse. At least he's not going on a late-night talk show to cover up and joke about a lie.

May 1, 2008 06:15 pm at 6:15 pm |
  12. Mike G

People like Gavin who say such idiotic things are why this Country is in such trouble. He does Hillary proud-
    GET A LIFE AND LEARN SOME FACTS!

May 1, 2008 06:16 pm at 6:16 pm |
  13. Charlottesville, VA

The incindiary and hateful comments made in this thread by apparent Hillary supporters is incredibly depressing.

May 1, 2008 06:16 pm at 6:16 pm |
  14. King in MO

Some "emphasis on some" of you Hillary supporters seem too vindictive. I mean this is what turns a lot of males off of her. If you and Hillary were nuturing and understanding or maybe more humane at least we might think of voting for her. Everyone of us has run into that witchy evil woman at work that steps on everyone to get to the top and when she needs the little people nobody is there for her. Then she cries sexism or foul play. Men also know that sweet yet smart and strong woman that works her way up the latter, eats crow like everyone else, and is respected by all. I was raised around women and know a good woman when I see one. Hillary used to be that, but Washington politics changed her for the worse. Her supporters on here remind me of that everytime I see just evil comments written about Obama. Support your candidate without attacking people and maybe we might pay attention to the points she truly has an advantage over Obama. Just my observation, don't bight my head off about it.

Obama/Webb 08

May 1, 2008 06:16 pm at 6:16 pm |
  15. Paul vs. Clinton

PAUL vs. CLINTON=guaranteed increase in hits/viewers CNN. Wright is sooo last week, let's do like bob marley and "stir it up".

May 1, 2008 06:17 pm at 6:17 pm |
  16. Mike

To Obamalnevitable (6:08 pm)

Nice try, though Thomas beat you to the punch, the copy is never as good as the original!

Thomas locked that top 10 down!!!!!!!

Go Hillary!!!!!!!!!!!

May 1, 2008 06:17 pm at 6:17 pm |
  17. STOP THE MADDNESS!!!!

I can see it in Obama' s eyes, he is tired, but get this we have not heard him making up war stories, even tired he is still level headed and carrying himself with great respect.

May 1, 2008 06:17 pm at 6:17 pm |
  18. Maxine

Hillary Rodham Clinton admended her disclosure reports over the weekend to account for $5 million she loaned her presidential campaign in January. Though it was widely known the New York senator used the funds to help rally support for her White House bid during the early primaries, an accounting oversight left the information missing from reports filed at the Federal Election Commission.

The new disclosure brings her total debt to $15.3 million through March, compared to $662,784 for her Democratic opponent Illinois Sen. Barack Obama. While both have debt, they both also have a considerable amount of cash on hand, Obama with $51 million to Clinton's nearly $32 million.

To all you Hillary supporters, start sending her cash, so she can get out of debt.

May 1, 2008 06:17 pm at 6:17 pm |
  19. Milliegee

For God's sake, I can't believe that people actually think that Barack Obama wrote the jokes. People, they are written by the writers for the show. Duh!

May 1, 2008 06:18 pm at 6:18 pm |
  20. Andrew

Are we forgetting the same gimmicky crap Hillary pulled? You Hillary supporters crack me up, its like you walk around blind in one eye and the other trained solely on Hillary. If you don't like Obama, fine, but these stupid arguments need to stop. Democrats are supposed to be a different breed from republicans, but lately, it seems like a lot of you are just a different kind of retarded.

May 1, 2008 06:18 pm at 6:18 pm |
  21. Dood

This election is already over.

Obama has about as good a chance at being elected in November as Mike Dukakis does.

May 1, 2008 06:18 pm at 6:18 pm |
  22. Fact Checkr

So, Hillary says she's prepared to handle "the 3 a.m. phone call"?
    Hell, she can't even get a cup of coffee for herself from a Thermos inside a Mini-Mart.
    And she hasn't bought gas "for years" because she has her Secret Service security detail.
    Way to relate to blue-collar workers.
    Who's the elitist??????

May 1, 2008 06:19 pm at 6:19 pm |
  23. Gladys Caro-Radchenko

When the media is going to realize that in USA the mind control is a fact and the people who are playing those dirty games are not known to the public .It happened in the past to Howrd Dean -now to pastor Wright affecting the candidacy of Obama .
    Mind control is not only for the prisoners or criminales -the guys who
    do such things want to cover up –
    How the media can judge things ,and also the public if they so not
    know what is going on .It is very difficult to prove ,but a huge reality -Maybe the militars can help to uncover these crimes .
    People need to read volumes and be alert .I hope you star to interview people who know about this subject .

May 1, 2008 06:19 pm at 6:19 pm |
  24. Roy P

If you tell truth, construct a workable plan, and stick to it , you will have no trouble sleeping. Popularity, will not let you let your guard down. You can fool part of the people part of the time.

May 1, 2008 06:19 pm at 6:19 pm |
  25. stuart_zechman

The BDS of the idiot people in here who hate Bush and have nothing but total ignorance of how and why things work is amazing. I had no idea that there were so many ignorant people called Democrats in the US. Idiots!

May 1, 2008 06:19 pm at 6:19 pm |