May 2nd, 2008

Obama wonders about Paula Abdul

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/05/01/art.obamatopten.gi.jpg caption="Obama will appear on Letterman Thursday night."](CNN) - Barack Obama appeared on the Late Show with David Letterman Thursday night to deliver the Top 10 "Surprising Facts About Barack Obama," including his interest in singer Paula Abdul.

From the home office in Wahoo, Nebraska:

10. My first act as President will be to stop the fighting between Lauren and Heidi on “The Hills.”

9. In the Illinois primary, I accidentally voted for Kucinich.

8. When I tell my kids to clean their room, I finish with, “I’m Barack Obama and I approved this message.”

7. Throughout high school, I was consistently voted “Barackiest.”

6. Earlier today I bowled a 39.

5. I have cancelled all my appearances the day the “Sex and the City” movie opens.

4. It’s the birthplace of Fred Astaire. (Sorry, that’s a surprising fact about Omaha)

3. We are tirelessly working to get the endorsement of Kentucky Derby favorite Colonel John.

2. This has nothing to do with the Top Ten, but what the heck is up with Paula Abdul?

1. I have not slept since October.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Jane

I already voted for you but would gladly do so 100 times more !

May 1, 2008 06:20 pm at 6:20 pm |
  2. Mark Anthony

Kilowhisky loved your comment and as for you SusanMO, how do you get no experience from not sleeping since Oct? You should vote for Hillary.

At least with his appearance on the show he didn't joke laugh about lying (sniper fire) that was a slap in the American public face but the idiots in the audience laughed and clapped.

May 1, 2008 06:20 pm at 6:20 pm |
  3. Anastasia Beaverhausen

I'll be watching our Democratic nominee on Letterman tonight!

Obama '08

May 1, 2008 06:20 pm at 6:20 pm |
  4. Hillary is unelectable

We love you OBAMA!!!!!!!

2008/2012

May 1, 2008 06:21 pm at 6:21 pm |
  5. Thomas

I think its great that people think I'm a Hillary supporter, because I joked about Obama... Obama jokes all the time, have you even seen one of his speeches. Really makes me want to rethink Obama as my choice if his supporters are so quick to judge people as raciest!

May 1, 2008 06:22 pm at 6:22 pm |
  6. georgia

For all of you liviving in the dark side of life thriving on hate & lies , Hillary is still behind .To be doing this great w/ little sleep & staying honest & non- delusional (unlike some), I can't wait to see him in action after the win !! Lighten up folks ,the top 10 list is intended to be fun or is Billary now the only one permitted to laugh (regardless of how hypocritical & phony it is).She laughs thru confrontation of lies as well as thru all of Bill's affairs. She is truly a good person .

May 1, 2008 06:22 pm at 6:22 pm |
  7. jimmy vekmen

OBAMA'S OPPOSITION TO THE FEDERAL GAS TAX HOLIDAY FOR THE SUMMER THRU LABOR DAY WEEKEND DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.. GAS PRICES ARE GOING TO GO EVEN HIGHER THIS SUMMER AND AMERICANS NEED SOME RELIEF SO THEY CAN TAKE THEIR VACATIONS AND AT LEAST GET A LITTLE RELIEF.
    AS FOR THE MONEY FOR OUR INFRASTRUCTURE CONSTRUCTION AND REPAIRS, THERE WILL NOT BE ENOUGH
    MONEY FOR EVEN HALF OF THE PROJECTS THAT NEED TO BE DONE. THAT MONEY WILL BE AVAILABLE WHEN HILLARY BRINGS OUR TROOPS HOME FROM IRAQ AND THE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS
    BEING WASTED IN IRAQ WILL BE AVAILABLE TO CREATE JOBS
    BUILD, REPAIRING OUR ROADS, BRIDGES, RAILWAYS,
    STOP FORECLOSURES AND THE MORTGAGE MESS.
    HILLARY WILL TRY TO BREAK UP OPEC'S STRANGLING HOLD
    ON OIL . OPEN UP OUR HUGE OIL FIELDS SUBJECT TO ENVIRONMENTAL SAFEGUARDS. ALTERNATIVE RENEWABLE FUEL DEVELOPMENT HAS BEEN HIGH ON HER AGENDA..
    EXPERIENCE AND JUDGEMENT HAS CONSTANTLY BEEN HILLARY'S STRONG QUALIFICATIONS AND SHE SHOW IT.

May 1, 2008 06:22 pm at 6:22 pm |
  8. Hillary Clinton

this guy is going down.

May 1, 2008 06:23 pm at 6:23 pm |
  9. Jay

CNN IS not saying anything about Peter Paul like ALL OTHER NETWORKS Because Peter Paul is a professional liar who has four separate criminal convictions, two for fraud. His video repackages a series of seven-year-old false claims about Senator Clinton that have already been rejected by the California state courts, the Justice Department, the Federal Election Commission, and the Senate Ethics Committee.

Maybe CNN should talk about Larry Sinclair

May 1, 2008 06:23 pm at 6:23 pm |
  10. Jayjay

You expect a Chicago politician to be smart and funny? Get real!

May 1, 2008 06:23 pm at 6:23 pm |
  11. Thomas form NY

People like Thomas make me wonder it is true that everyone in the world hates us!!! What in heavens sakes (as Pat Buchanan would say) would make you say such dumb things? Thomas, I know you are probably an insecure man that could not accomplish 1% of what Obama has done in his life.

May 1, 2008 06:24 pm at 6:24 pm |
  12. Clear Vision

Ugh!! These Clinton supporters are Democrats? No wonder you lose every election. These cretins may be hitting the the wrong voting button, based on their ability to spell and write a coherent sentence.

I'm Republican, but you'll probably label me "elitist" because I went to high school in a place other than Nevada - and I can spell! I also have a Top Ten list for "Arthur" - the first is to revoke his KKK membership.

Right now I can spell "President McCain" due to the weak-brained Hillary supporters. Don't you realize Limbaugh and Coulter are playing you for fools, telling their right-wing fanatics to switch parties in North Carolina to vote for Clinton?

Republicans will unite like never before to keep Hill/Bill out of the White House, and your "golden chance" to change the direction of this country will be lost through your pettiness.

It is truly amazing that America has come to only respond to this fear and smear type of campaign - this mean-spirited denigration and slander of a political opponent in order to win. No one can deny that Hillary Clinton is now the personification of that old political campaigning style.

May 1, 2008 06:25 pm at 6:25 pm |
  13. Sante

I will tell you 10 thinks that Obama is HOT ready to be Commander in chief. :
    – Mysterious relationship with mysterious people
    – He is a snob and arrogant with people that he does not depend on, manipulator with those that he needs; behind there back he is sarcastic!
    – last 10-15 years what he has done like a Community organiser, Senator in Chicago or more so senator of USA
    /my answer would be :running for offices; professional runner/
    – credibility issues : big time, /many things that have been sad by him / but 1/2 of the Democrats do not to accnolige it for different reasons; one of them is Clintons haters.
    – lock of experience: that is NOT very responsible, because he will experiment with that country and the world: dangerous ambition
    – chameleon , very , very good at it.
    – he started to attack FIRST Hillary Clinton; during the debates still with Eduards and Richardson. I have a copy! The explanation was : she is a front runner!!?? Isn't it now opposite?
    – his campaign uses many hidden tactics, he supposed to be "different"
    -Very left – I call it SOCIALISM / NARCISSISM.
    -Bad debater,;and he supposed to negotiate with world anti American leaders?
    Hillary is a B... , but I am not planning to marry her, I need she to do job for me and my family!!!

May 1, 2008 06:25 pm at 6:25 pm |
  14. Jodie from Idaho

I am so mad about the way things are going in this country. We let the media run everything. I am also so mad at all of you voting for HIllary. Shame on you!! Wake up!! She's going through a trial right now for fundraising fraud and she was involved in the Whitewater scam. Why aren't we talking about that in the media? Why aren't we talking about John McCain's relationships. Why has he been married twice? What happened to his first wife? Where are his medical records? Why aren't we questioning his relationship with that lunatic Hagee? You all make me sick. You try to bring down a man who wants to really make a difference. America does not deserve Obama. Let Hillary and McCain win, and I'll just continue to watch everyone continue to complain. Especially when our enemies are overtaking us, because both of them are so proud and powerful, they won't negociate with our enemies. Hillary has created a mortal enemy with Iran and she's not even president yet. We need someone who will unite us and improve our image around the world. Hillary and John can't.

May 1, 2008 06:26 pm at 6:26 pm |
  15. Obitme

How about...

I just took a hit of coke

May 1, 2008 06:27 pm at 6:27 pm |
  16. Bonkers

I think Bush gets too much sleep.
    Obama, do more espresso, man.
    Clinton.... you rock on girl. Time for a woman in the DOME!

May 1, 2008 06:27 pm at 6:27 pm |
  17. kelly WI

PaulvsClinton is a Civil Case.
    Not a felony case. Paul is mad at Bill. Filed a suit.

May 1, 2008 06:27 pm at 6:27 pm |
  18. Cate

Only Hillary supporters could find fault with a top ten list on Letterman. Give me a break and get over yourselves.

May 1, 2008 06:28 pm at 6:28 pm |
  19. NAVA - CANADA

OBAMA 2008-2016
    ---------

Senator Obama is not responsible for what others write and say about him. He should keep away from such controversies and concentrate on policy issues as hardly anytime left for him to explain to the people of America, as to how he will bring about unity,
    economic recovery ,education & health care reforms. How he will tackle foreing policy,how he will get back the lost prestige and fame enjoyed by the people during JFK's tour of duty. He rightly rejected
    the debates that Senator Clinton is clamouring for and instead he
    is doing the 'meet the people tours' which is the right thing to do as debates are there to wash dirty line in public,which the people are
    not interested in and more over what are they going to debate on.
    Do they differ largely on foreign policy, economy , education & health care. If that is so, then the republicans can win hands down as they have one set of policies as against two sets of policies among the democrats. Let sanity prevail among the dems and Let Obama lead
    the people as he is electable, trustworthy & reliable.

May 1, 2008 06:28 pm at 6:28 pm |
  20. Fed up!

Thomas this site is set up for good serious clean comments and not racist comments. To indicate that he will paint the white black and add a bb court is a racist remark. How dare you make that remark. Apparently you have no home training and I'm sure your family is ashamed of you. This man is going to make a great President and in the end I think you will be happy and hopefully feel guilty. This is all about who can help American people regardless of race.... I am so tired of people judging people because of their race. You owe this site and Obama an apology. Just another Hillary distraction- what a team. I think it's good for him to go on a show and laugh a little. What were your thoughts when she went on SNL and other late night talk shows?
    I'm ashamed CNN published Thomas May 1st, 2008 5:49 pm ET
    comment. I have no respect for people that make comments like that. B4 I vote for Hillary, I'll vote for out of touch McCain.
    ===
    OBAMA 08 – YES WE CAN!!!!!!

May 1, 2008 06:28 pm at 6:28 pm |
  21. Glenn; Bakersville, NC.

Why can't people just accept this as a humorus spoof by a candidate without all the hate? I'm sure Hillary really fixed the big screen on her last humorus spoof TV appearance. Lighten up Obama supporters, let the Clinton team "Obama Bashers" vent. We're better than that!

Obama '08

May 1, 2008 06:29 pm at 6:29 pm |
  22. hillary

hey, obama supporter, he is a she/he softy. he will never be prez...................vote hillary/john nov..........................................

May 1, 2008 06:29 pm at 6:29 pm |
  23. Nanc, MN

If PAUL VS. CLINTON had any merit, Cafferty would have been all over it by now like a dog with a T bone! So go play on Jack's blog, you'll get a great reception there.

May 1, 2008 06:29 pm at 6:29 pm |
  24. Oscar, Rio Vista, CA

The Best Political Team on the Clinton News Network is at it again. Why don't you just come out and tell everyone that you need Hillary in the race because without it you wouldn't have all these shows on TV like Ballot Bowl, Race for the Whitehouse.... both of which are a load of crappola. Last week you showed Clinton, then Bill, then Chelsea, then 2 minutes of Obama, then it was back to Hillary. Then later you showed the same 2 minutes of Barack that you showed before. What a load of croc.

You already tell us that the Hillary supporters are uneducated or old biddies. I guess you can fool them but for the rest of us, you Keith Olberman has the best political team. And I bet you won't print this.

May 1, 2008 06:29 pm at 6:29 pm |
  25. THE TRUTH !!!!

Obama Is going on The Late Show trying to Distract Us From Asking Questions About The Rev.Wright Scam , He And His Campaign Have Cooked Up To Fool Us . They Voters To Talk About These "Non Issue" Things To Let Their Rev.Wright Scam Stay Under The Radar

A Lot Of People Are Saying The Same Thing !!!

They're Saying Obama and His Campaign , Along With Obama Media Pundits Planned The Wright Speaking tour So Obama Could Publicly Disown Him To get The Wright Thing Behind him . Wright Is A part of The Staged Event . It's All Smoke And Mirrors , Designed To Fool Us .

I Don't Trust Obama At All !!!!!!

Hillary 08 . Or McCain 08″