May 6th, 2008

Schneider: Clinton seems to be facing a ‘trust gap’

(CNN) - As Barack Obama seems to be struggling with ‘bitter’ baggage, a ‘trust gap’ continues to dog Hillary Clinton – in Indiana, just 54 percent of Democratic primary voters said she was “honest and trustworthy” in early exit polls; 66 percent said Obama could be trusted. In North Carolina, just 47 percent of Democratic primary voters said Clinton was trustworthy, compared to 70 percent for Obama.

1. Eric

MM – "Guys chill out and stop sounding like 2 year olds "liar liar pants on fire". How old are you all?"

Get real. Its not a problem when we are 2 year olds at the park but this is a woman who wants to represent our entire country. How can you be OK with her continuing to lie? Lie after lie. Sniper fire, NAFTA...Anything to get votes.

May 6, 2008 08:09 pm at 8:09 pm |
  2. silence do good

when polls go against hillary – it is called the "truth"
    when polls go for Hillary it is called:
    – the republicans
    – the racists
    – the media
    – etc. etc. whine whine

May 6, 2008 08:09 pm at 8:09 pm |
  3. Smith

Clinton is forked tongued pathological liar

Who could trust her?

People with no memory..

Who knows not history is DOOMED to repeat it

May 6, 2008 08:09 pm at 8:09 pm |
  4. Mark from San Diego

Hillary.....please just go away...far....far away.....and take Bill along.......

May 6, 2008 08:10 pm at 8:10 pm |
  5. Hubie Nelson II

Every sense I been voting more than 40 years I have never missed voting. But from what I have seen and heard from Hillary Clinton all the nasty thing she have done trying to destroy Barack Obama life.

If that sorry low life so called woman still this nomination I will not VOTE for Hillary Nor McCain, I will not vote this year.

Clinton is one of the worst that ever walked on this side of the earth.
    Revelation 21:8 says all Liar will have their part in the lake of fire.

May 6, 2008 08:10 pm at 8:10 pm |
  6. bunkerway

There are several different blood types; O, AB, L, etc. L stands for Liar and it runs on the clintonians.

May 6, 2008 08:10 pm at 8:10 pm |
  7. phillykat

???

May 6, 2008 08:10 pm at 8:10 pm |
  8. Robert Vandiver

Each Democratic candidate has pledged to support the other, the winner in November. When Ms. Clinton plays the "electability" card, is she saying that she will be powerless or unwilling to bring her supporters over to Senator Obama? Surely a sincere effort on her part would produce a dramatic win for the Democrats in the general election.

May 6, 2008 08:11 pm at 8:11 pm |
  9. Boston Guy

Actually, I don't trust Obama.

May 6, 2008 08:12 pm at 8:12 pm |
  10. Cry For Our Country

Of course Hillary Clinton is facing a trust gap. Look at how her husband conducted himself during his terms in office. I mean, come on – trying to redefine the word "is"?

I hope people wake up and pay attention. Hillary will be almost as bad as George Bush in many ways. She sure seems to me to be far more interested in her own benefit than the country's. She only gives platitudes and tells people what they want to hear only she calls it "finding her voice".

This country is in trouble – big trouble. It needs someone who is going to do the best things for the Nation and for its people without being swayed by special interests. That is not Hillary Clinton. I don't even know if it is Barack Obama. But it certainly isn't John McCain since he seems to think 100 years in Iraq is acceptable.

We need decisive and uninfluenced action on Iraq, energy, the economy, education, and a host of other issues. Bill and Hillary – and anyone who thinks Bill won't be an active part of this dynasty is very mistaken – cannot make the kinds of decisions that need to be made because they are to beholding to their financiers.

We as a nation are in deep trouble and we need a new approach to get us out. If George Bush hasn't already buried us, it will only be by extreme luck and hard work that we can pull this one out.

May 6, 2008 08:12 pm at 8:12 pm |
  11. Smith

I agree.. that Clinton is still running

is a total complete fabricated MEDIA FUNFEST... for MORONS!

May 6, 2008 08:13 pm at 8:13 pm |
  12. OregonEye

Obama will pick up a huge majority of the delegates today. Even if he loses Indiana, he will still get pretty much an even split in delegates from that state. In NC, expect a landslide of delegates, even if he wins by 8-10%. Clinton will be even deeper in the hole with the delegate count and now the superdelegates will start throwing there support to Obama.
    Time for Hillary to throw in the towel, and do right by the Democratic Party, drop out of the race, and support Obama as our next Democratic nominee.

That comment was long over due in this blog!!!!!Let's end this and move on to Nov!

May 6, 2008 08:14 pm at 8:14 pm |
  13. Independant

I am not a Democrat or Republican and I can't believe how people are so gullible. I think Obama is a very good orator...but he got no game. He can't answer a specific question and don't have any specific policy plans. He seems to just wonder off on tangents or sidesteps alltogether He does say "change" about twenty times a minute in his speeches but never says anything concrete. I mean, Good God people where are your minds!
    I have CNN on in the background and they have spoken Barak's name no less than 25 times in a couple of minutes, and Clinton's only 4 and always with downward inflection. Wouldn't be any bias going on there eh? They also have been comparing the black vote (90 something %) and white vote (40 something %)for Obama. About the only thing I see about that is that more blacks have racist tendencies than whites I guess. I honestly don't know who I will vote for in Nov. I think we have pretty weak choices this time. Maybe the Libertarians can put someone out there for another choice besides Clinton,Obama,McCain or Nader. Of course one Democrat won't be there, probably my choice between the two. If CNN and the other major media machines put Obama into the race in Nov, I just can't see myself voting for a one term Senator with a weak voting record. Between the two Democrats, I'm afraid I would have to bow to the Lady on this one.

May 6, 2008 08:15 pm at 8:15 pm |
  14. obamakat

????????

May 6, 2008 08:15 pm at 8:15 pm |
  15. Clinton or McCain, but NEVER obama

obama = LIAR obama kool-aid drinker = really stupid person who believes his lies.

May 6, 2008 08:16 pm at 8:16 pm |
  16. phillykat

Barackudaaaah!!!!!

May 6, 2008 08:16 pm at 8:16 pm |
  17. Crys, Philadelphia

I think we need to stop focusing on the Wright issue. Who can censor another's beliefs? Obama has no control over what anyone says....can you say THE MEDIA! Honesty is rare commodity in general, politics aside! For those who claim to hate Obama, that is a strong word! Examine why you say think that? I may not like Hillary or believe in what she's saying, but I have a vote and I can use that right to express my beliefs! LET YOUR VOTE SPEAK FOR YOU!!!!!!

May 6, 2008 08:17 pm at 8:17 pm |
  18. karen from va

So they don't trust her but she wins? I don't get it.

May 6, 2008 08:17 pm at 8:17 pm |
  19. liar, liar, pants on fire

Hellllllloooooo!!!!! White people don't see her lies as lies. Blacks have always had to deal with whites having "their own truth". Hillary is no different.. She reflects a lot of white, not all.

May 6, 2008 08:19 pm at 8:19 pm |