May 6th, 2008

Schneider: White working-class voters stick with Clinton

Voters cast their ballots in Indianapolis.

Voters cast their ballots in Indianapolis.

(CNN) - Barack Obama’s troubles with white working class voters continue to cost him dearly at the polls: Hillary Clinton captured the votes of two-thirds of Indiana voters who lack a college degree; the two split the white college-educated vote.

Clinton’s push for the gun vote seems to have paid off: half the state’s Democratic primary voters are gun owners, according to early exit polls, they supported Clinton over Obama, 61 to 39 percent.

1. Linda

If OBama gets the nomination................I will be voting for a Republican President........................thanks CNN........

May 6, 2008 07:44 pm at 7:44 pm |
  2. Len

Hillary hasn't a prayer.

Only the uneducated would vote for her.

May 6, 2008 07:44 pm at 7:44 pm |
  3. William, from Cali

This is 2008, why are some people still scared of "Black Men," being in control.....How "elitist" is that.........Now I'm bitter.........

May 6, 2008 07:44 pm at 7:44 pm |
  4. linda from South Dakota

JD,, do you know what u said? omg,, you would rather have bush again,, wow,, are u ignorant or what? you enjoy payin 4.00 per gallon for gas? and having your taxes raised beyond reason? wow,,, u sure u live in the USA?

May 6, 2008 07:45 pm at 7:45 pm |
  5. Interested in NC

"Indiana will almost definitely go Republican in the fall, but I bet she won't allow that argument to be made against her. But way to go, Hillary – keep bringing in the poor, the uneducated and the gun lovers…that's quite the constituency"

Check the last time NC went Democratic in a presidential race. Not recently, and it won't again this year.

May 6, 2008 07:45 pm at 7:45 pm |
  6. HRC...the Bell Tolls for Thee...

Wow...I'm shocked...I thought people were color blind.

May 6, 2008 07:45 pm at 7:45 pm |
  7. Carla Ogburn

I continue to be disappointed with CNN's bias toward Obama. Why call the North Carolina primary when none of the real votes have been counted and not call Indiana for Clinton when clearly she will win that state. CNN has been so unfair to Hillary Clinton throughout this campaign!!!!

May 6, 2008 07:45 pm at 7:45 pm |
  8. Ann Romero

Mr. Obama will not get my vote. I think CNN is paid by Obama, they love him so much, Obama Obama Obama. The name makes me sick, I will vote for MCCain. I feel so sad that America has allowed Obama to play the race card. So have it!!!!!!!!!!! all the black votes are for Obama, seat back and weep. We are in trouble to have such a liberal President.

Why don't you just say it Hillary is the winner of Indiana!!!!!!!! I am so mad that North Carolina people are so blind about this important matter. I sure it were white male voters that gave him the edge.

Clinton is so much better, wake up Super delgs. don't let him take over the country. Money is behind this man and who is funding him?

This game is so unfair.

May 6, 2008 07:45 pm at 7:45 pm |
  9. martin

HIllary '08 or McCain '08

May 6, 2008 07:46 pm at 7:46 pm |
  10. V Connors- OH

if any of you Obamaniacs could count. Ialways here Oh!! he has the popular vote. Afraid not!!! count all the people who voted for Clinton in Michigan and Florida. She is ahead by about 200,000 votes. If Obama is chosen as the Democratic nominee without counting Florida and Michigan. I and many others will be voting for McCain or not at all. I grew up and was always told every vote counts. I guess I was taught wrong. It only counts, for those who steal an election. CNN is so bias, they make me sick. No votes are in yet and they give North Carolina to Obama.

May 6, 2008 07:47 pm at 7:47 pm |
  11. Wally

The Problem is very clear, while Obama seems to re-energize Voters, he is losing in every single state that counts in November 2008. I am sure we all remember how Bush won, he won both elections by simply winning the states that counts. It is Winner takes all in November – The Electoral College format. He lost CA. TX, OH, PA and Indiana. Histrocally, nobody has won the White House without winning those states. Can someone please tell me how Obama can win in November when he cannot win the states with the most electoral votes. November is Not about popular votes but about who wins the electoral college. Remember Gore. Hillary has shown time after time that she can win the most important states. The Republicans ignored the black votes and won twice. Obama is counting on that to win. Interesting

May 6, 2008 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  12. Stephanie Soukup

about 3 weeks ago i had a strong feeling accompanied with chills. I saw Obama in the lead un til the very last minute, then Hillary won. then I saw all the people getting angry ... Oh how i hope i am wrong. I don't mind who wins because i like both of them. I just don't want to have any trouble start with the people.

May 6, 2008 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  13. A foreigner in US

Giulia, you said that Hillary get uneducated vote? What kind of world are you living in??? How about all the uneducated, and poor blacks that Obama is getting??? Please explain...

May 6, 2008 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  14. young, gifted and black

african americans aren't the majority in America so for Obama must be getting some of the white vote for him to be leading, let's talk about hillary only getting 6% of the black vote in NC, shouldn't that be an issue... i guess not

DEMOCRATS UNITED FOR OBAMA 08

May 6, 2008 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  15. chris in vegas

LAS VEGAS - Motorists in Nevada might not see a savings at the pump if Congress approves a gasoline tax holiday touted by two presidential candidates.
    A state DOT official said Nevada has a law to increase fuel taxes to offset any drop in the federal tax.
    It's designed to ensure funding for construction projects and bond funding.
    Republican presidential candidate John McCain and Democrat Hillary Clinton have proposed suspending the 18.4 cents-per-gallon federal tax from Memorial Day to Labor Day to provide relief to motorists facing rising fuel prices.

May 6, 2008 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  16. Teri

If it is Obama and McCainin the general election, I just couldn't vote for either of them. It will be the first time in my life I won't be voting.

May 6, 2008 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  17. Guy

I would rather vote for Obama and lose in the general election than to vote for the Clintons. We vote her in and we get more of Bill's idiot fooling around with every woman he comes in contact with. He'll have run of the white house with no responsibility... can you imagine the partying he'll do? Hillary would be totally distracted so she will make a lousy president.

May 6, 2008 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  18. Rob

The wouldn't call for a blow out win this early if it wasn't true...almost 50 percent of the voter turn out was black. Do you really think that Hillary could overcome such a lopsided turn out for one person. NO..she had no chance and will get blown out by 10 percent. ITs being reported from the Obama camp that he's being endorsed by 15-20 new super delegates in the next 4 days

May 6, 2008 07:51 pm at 7:51 pm |
  19. LP

Obama '08 or McCain '08

May 6, 2008 07:52 pm at 7:52 pm |
  20. Alex

I don't understand why so many people are willing to vote for that warmongering psycho McCain if they're specific candidate doesn't get the nomination. I'm sure a good number of the these people did the same sort of thing in 2000 and 2004, and look where that's gotten us.

May 6, 2008 07:53 pm at 7:53 pm |
  21. JpJ

Because you know... Hillary really is a gun loving, bear swilling, redneck. Really, she is.

May 6, 2008 07:53 pm at 7:53 pm |
  22. Dr. J

Racism is alive and well in the USA. Let's make a change.

May 6, 2008 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |
  23. to JD

JD, Hillary does NOT represent the common person. Unless of course making $110 million is a common mans wage. She started out as a Goldwater Girl. A card carrying member of the elitist conservative Goldwater machine back in '1964. her interests lies in only one thing. her EGO. She has you fooled, don't believe the hype.
    BTW, when do you think the last time was that she actually pumped her own gas????

May 6, 2008 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |
  24. Kim Ohio

It is so depressing how we've fallen for the bs peddled by the media. The media destroyed Rev. Wright when all one has to do is to read the comments posted to confirm some of what Wright stated.
    Racism is alive and well in good ole boy America. If the majority of blacks vote for a black man some call us the true racists but when white women vote for a white woman they aren't. Explain that to me. When people say that they would rather have baby bush than Obama because he's an elitist and ignorant it lets me know that it's not about those things at all because even my 12 year old understands what igorance and elite is and Obama is neither.

May God have mercy on America is all I can say.

We're so caught up on bashing the candidate we don't support than dealing with the issues that most Americans REALLY care about.

May 6, 2008 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |
  25. Obama's Constituency

Highly Educated and poor blacks. HMMMM isn't there something wrong with this picture? I'll vote for McCain if Hillary is not on the ballot.

May 6, 2008 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |