May 7th, 2008

Clinton adds West Virginia to campaign stops

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/POLITICS/05/07/clinton.westvirginia/art.hillarywin2.ap.jpg caption=" Hillary Clinton plans to appear at 11:45 a.m. Wednesday at Shepherd University in Shepherdstown, West Virginia."]WASHINGTON (CNN) - Sen. Hillary Clinton added a previously unscheduled campaign stop Wednesday in West Virginia, soldiering on after a split decision in Tuesday's voting in Indiana and North Carolina, her aides said.

The senator plans to appear at 11:45 a.m. at Shepherd University in Shepherdstown, West Virginia, Clinton aides told reporters about 3 a.m. Wednesday.

Her daughter, Chelsea Clinton, had already been scheduled to speak at the university.

Full story

1. Lance

The exit polls showed that only 45% of Hillary supporters will vote for Obama, and I am one of the 65% that will not. Obama supporters have been nothing but nasty and I'll have nothing to do with his campaign. I'll gladly vote for McCain and wait for Hillary to run again in 2012. Obama doesn't have a prayer; he can't win with his cult of blind followers alone.

May 7, 2008 09:29 am at 9:29 am |
  2. LifeLongDemocrat

I watched the Dems self-destruct with McGovern, Dukasis etc.
    As Newt Gingrich said last week the Dems will go over the cliff to support their candidates. Here we fall againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Hillary 2008/2012>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 7, 2008 09:29 am at 9:29 am |
  3. Peter in PA

When I heard her speak last night, I thought she is going to anonunce she is leaving the race. Bill's face was all red. He is definitely pissed off. I am a Obama supporter. But if the consitution allows and Bill Clinton runs again for the presidency, I will vote for him in a heart beat!

I've been watching CNN throughout the primaries and I can say that CNN is pro-clinton network. Here is my brakedown:

Clinton Supporters:

Bill Schenider

Obama Supporter:
    Jack Caftrey

Now you decide!

May 7, 2008 09:30 am at 9:30 am |
  4. John AZ

NOW THE TRUTH OF HILLARYS LOVE FOR THE PARTY AND HER NATION WILL BE DETERMINED BY HOW GRACEFULLY SHE SLOWS DOWN HER RHETORIC, STOPS THE NEGATIVE BASHING AND SUPPORTS PARTY UNIFICATION BEHIND BARACK OBAMA.

May 7, 2008 09:30 am at 9:30 am |
  5. GARY

I just hope that next January when Obama is sworn in she is not in the background still running.
    Did any one else notice how many votes did not go to McSame last night in NC?

May 7, 2008 09:30 am at 9:30 am |
  6. CB

CNN where is April fund raiser results for Clinton and Obama's campaign?

May 7, 2008 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  7. LifeLongDemocrat

Obama, supporters I am watching you on this blog. How you respond on this blog will determine how I vote. So far, I do not see myself voting for Obama. You need to act like adults and realize that you cannot win without the Hillary supporters.

Hillary 2008/2012>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 7, 2008 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  8. brian bernard

LOOK LIKE SHE'S RUNNING WITH NO WERE TO GO

May 7, 2008 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  9. Marshall in Nebraska

Not helping your cause. Maybe heading home with your tail between your legs will. Better luck next time. And I hope that time doesn't come. I voted Republican against Bill and I would do the same with Hillary. I will vote for Barak.

May 7, 2008 09:33 am at 9:33 am |
  10. tyler

That is why I will never vote for anyone with that much money. she could have made 6 familes millionares and really made a difference. inststead politicians like this spend millions of dollars to Run there mouth about how they are going to save us money. Way to rub it in everyones face while we cant even fill up our gas tanks.

May 7, 2008 09:33 am at 9:33 am |
  11. faith0512

Almost CNN, Almost. Your agency tried to bombard the public with the Rev. Wright issue with the intent of it having a negative affect on Obama but it didn't work. Ha! Ha!

May 7, 2008 09:33 am at 9:33 am |
  12. Norman

The United States has recently had a history of electing rather mediocre candidates. That is why Hillary Clinton can't and won't get the nomination. The mediocre trend will continue with either Obama or McCain. Intelligent and hard-working candidates need not apply. There is a dummy-down effect. Just drink a beer every night for the cameras and pretend to be a common every day Joe. The next president is going to confront major economic issues and chances are he will be the candidate of mediocracy. You can read my newspaper at http://www.primeterre.com,

May 7, 2008 09:33 am at 9:33 am |
  13. Eddie

I feel sorry for Hillary,but I cannot give her a pity vote.She is mentally unstable and I must say ,she does not need to be leading any nation.Please somebody tell this pshyco to concede.

May 7, 2008 09:34 am at 9:34 am |
  14. S

She gave two speeches last night. I truly believe this campaign is all about her. Because a true democrate wouldn't destroy his/ or her own house likes she is doing. She truly like chaos.

May 7, 2008 09:35 am at 9:35 am |
  15. Steve in DC

My God!!! Woman...just stop!!!

May 7, 2008 09:35 am at 9:35 am |
  16. adele

I have to laugh at all the people who say Obama is not electable in the general election, why is that? Because you wont vote for him? Many Hillary supporters seem to be as divisive as she is, they would rather see the party lose than support Obama. Sickening.

May 7, 2008 09:36 am at 9:36 am |
  17. West Virginians4 O

Why doesn't she go back to work while she still has a job. WV like OBAMA just like the rest of the country. Go away Bill&hill it's over!!!

Obama 08, 12

May 7, 2008 09:43 am at 9:43 am |
  18. Concerned Voter

Obama cannot win in November. It is a shame that the party cannot see this. McCain will be the next President.

May 7, 2008 09:43 am at 9:43 am |
  19. Cliff

I really feel bad for Hillary. Look at that smile. She really has no clue that her time is up. Sad very sad

America, lets make it happen!

Obama 2008!

May 7, 2008 09:43 am at 9:43 am |
  20. Illene hebert

To all of the people that will vote for McCain if HRC is not the nominee is the most stupidous thing i have ever heard and you call yourself a democrat ? how tacky

May 7, 2008 09:43 am at 9:43 am |
  21. RON

7 % of the people in indiana was part of the operation chaos

read this

In an e-mail entitled “The Limbaugh Effect in Indiana = 7 percent,” Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton wrote: “According to the latest exit polling data, 17 percent of voters in the Indiana primary today said they would vote for John McCain in a Clinton/McCain match-up. Forty-one percent of that number is constituted by people who voted Clinton in the primary but also indicated they will vote for McCain in the general election. That comes out to just under 7 percent of the primary electorate the number that may be attributed to a Limbaugh Effect

May 7, 2008 09:46 am at 9:46 am |
  22. martin il

It was a good run... time to hang it up Hillary. This is starting to look like an obsession. It's time to put your dreams aside for the good of the country.

May 7, 2008 09:46 am at 9:46 am |
  23. Jerome Milwaukee WI

Mrs. Clinton should go home. Florida and Michigan should not count because they broke the rules.. You can't change the rules in the middle of the game. In this race that has racial implications! It would seem as an attempt to do everything possible to keep the black candidate from winning. This is a historical moment in politics, Mrs. Clinton should do the honorable thing and bow out

May 7, 2008 09:47 am at 9:47 am |
  24. Mark

Please stay in the race Hill Dogg. I love watching your scummy Husband stand there on stage looking like He dropped a load in his adult diaper.

May 7, 2008 09:47 am at 9:47 am |
  25. Jacob Koehler

Lets Talk about being out of touch. Hillary You only have 1/4 tank of gas and two flat tires, You are too far from Denver Time to get off the road.

Jake in Kansas