May 8th, 2008

Limbaugh comes out for Obama

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/05/07/art.limb.gi.jpg caption=" Limbaugh now wants Obama to be the Democratic nominee."](CNN) - He has publicly urged Republicans to vote for Hillary Clinton to keep the divisive Democratic nomination fight alive, but talk radio host Rush Limbaugh said Wednesday it's Barack Obama who he really wants to be the party's nominee.

"I now believe he would be the weakest of the Democrat nominees," Limbaugh, among the most powerful voices in conservative radio, said on his program. "I now urge the Democrat supereldegates to make your mind up and publicly go for Obama."

"Barack Obama has shown he cannot get the votes Democrats need to win – blue-collar, working class people," Limbaugh also said. "He can get effete snobs, he can get wealthy academics, he can get the young, and he can get the black vote, but Democrats do not win with that."

For months, Limbaugh has urged his listeners in states with open primaries to cross party lines and support Clinton in an effort he has dubbed "Operation Chaos." The conservative talk show host has said the Republican Party will benefit from a protracted Democratic race that grows more bruising by the week.

Full story

1. Leslie B

I am a conservative, Catholic Democrat and a strong Clinton supporter, and I will not be voting for Obama in the general election. I am clearly not comfortable with his judgment or his lack of experience. In particular, the manner in which he handled the Rev. Wright incident, raised deep concerns for me; I do not believe that he shares my values. I will not be voting for McCain either. I am truly dissapointed.

2. T. Trent

I thought the republicans were off but now I know that they are just STUPID! To listen to this man is just a mess, he want everything in the US to stay the same. So like Republican puppets you follow him. But Repulicans just remember, it was a republican that made the gas prices go up, that killed over 4000 American, and has increased unemployment! So while your casting meaningless votes just remember Rush can afford $8 gas, has no one fight in the war, and has a job!

And his "operation chaos", is doing nothing but putting a black mark on the Republican Party.

3. Dusacre

Who is Rush Limbaugh ?

4. Tired of W, OH

The guy's ego is bigger than all of us. Pay no mind to what this comedian says. He and his small-minded followers are grasping at straws, trying to find any light at the end of their collapsed tunnel.

Urging voter fraud is not only immoral, unchristian, and undemocratic, it is also illegal in Ohio (although the moron probably will not be prosecuted).

5. Aaron

This is playground reverse psychology. Anyone who does not see the fallacy of Rush babbling this announcement only after Obama virtually secured the nomination deserves to follow Rush like a sheep–right off the edge of a cliff.

It is sad to hear a conservative icon suggest people use the ballot to play a futile and childish game. Wasn't this once the proud conservative party that espoused the importance of fighting and dying to preserve democracy? Oh how the GOP has fallen.

6. dp

KEEP ON GOING HILLARY AND DON'T GIVE UP. I DO NOT WANT MY COUNTRY TURNED OVER TO THIS MAN FOR THE PURPOSE OF RUINING IT MORE THAN IT ALFEADY IS.
    WE NEED A STRONG PERSON IS FOR THE PEOPLE AND NOT AN ARROGANT MAN WHO THINKS HE IS SUPERIOR TO EVERYONE.

7. Thore

Republicans know Hillary is the stronger candidate and have been recruiting cross-over voters, since the primary process started. Think about all the red states that Obama have won that he will lose in November. The only math that counts in November is Electoral Math; Hillary wins the math hands down.

8. linda

rush and fox/ MCCAIN ,,, VANITY ,,think they can make or break a candidate ,,VANITY brags about it all the time ,,just remeber it was here I destroyed OBAMA ...Little does he know people are not stupid they have a brain to think with and war is not it ..I listened to MCCAIN today and i don't think hes in very good shape ...medically ,,I like him personally not wishing anything on him ..I think everyone who votes for more war should have to be identified and pay for it themselves im not going to ..

9. Arina

This Limbaugh guy is appalling, an American citizen to be ashamed of, – a parasite of society, not worthy to live in a democracy.

10. Debbie

Limbaugh is rabious. (acts like he has rabies). THey should have put him to sleep a long time ago.

11. Alex

I would rather see all the skeletons come out of their closets now than against McCain. People are fickle and the controversy will die down the more time goes on. Most people will have almost totally forgot about reverend wright and the "bitter" comments before the general election even starts.

12. SarahJ

If the Republican Party has to fight dirty in order to win, then it is so obvious that they know they don't have a good candidate. Limbaugh is so STUPID!!!! Oh my goodness! And Hillary is just as dumb because she has allowed devisive ways to overtake her in attempts to break down the Democratic Party as a whole. GO OBAMA~~ Keep riding the high train baby!

13. steveda - poconos

WAIT!!! TIME OUT!!! Bill Schneider said she "dominated the democratic vote"????? She won by 18,000 votes, I would hardly call that dominating. Get a grip Bill. She won Indiana by the slimmest margin yet.

14. Blue Collar's Wife in Ohio

CNN, where do you get this stuff? This guy turns like my car on the expressway.

Moving on!!
    Obama for President!!

15. Independent99999

This RUSH needs to rush to toilet and get flushed himself quickly. He is out of mind. Why does any one listen to this idiot

16. Susan

Wasn't it just a few years back that Rush admitted that he was addicted to narcotics? Sounds like he suffered a little brain damage.

17. MD

WHY DIDN'T HE SAY THIS YESTERDAY? UNTIL YESTERDAY, HE WANTS TO VOTE FOR HILLARY, BUT TODAY HE IS FLIP-FLOPPING.

THANKS RUSH. HOPEFULLY WE WILL GET HIS DITTO-HEADS VOTES AND GET THE NOMINATION SOON.....

18. Tom, Dallas TX

And every Obama supporter will say "It's not true, he's lying, etc. etc. When in all truth. We Clinton Supporters have known this for months. Please, if you are wupporting Obama, stop it. You're going to waste our chances in the general election. I beg you to please realize how the republicans fight, down and dirty, we NEED to fight them back the same way or guarantee ourselves 4 more years of McBush.

VOTE CLINTON SO THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY WILL HAVE A DECENT CHANCE OF WINNING IN NOVEMBER.

19. H HEIDI

Rush, please return to REHAB. You apparently missed a few of the reform 12 steps they offer.

Helen

20. Aida

This guy is sick!!

21. George from Argentina

I hope Limbaugh understands just how undemocratic "Operation Chaos" is.

May 7, 2008 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  22. Kevin Leo (Jonesboro, GA)

This "man" totally disgust me!

Regardless of his politics, I think that it should be against the law to seek to intentionally defraud a political primary. Urging listeners to switch party alliances just for a short term vote disgusts me!!!

23. Don in Florida

My mother used to tell me to 'be careful what you wish for'. If the republicans think that Obama will be easier to beat they have another thing coming. We will welcome that challenge.

24. Pali Gupta

RUSH-O-STUPIDO

25. Lyz in MD

I think he's trying reverse psychology.
    Also, why is the big fat idiot even news anymore? He has absolutely zero credibility.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20