May 9th, 2008

O'Donnell: Clinton will exit race by June 15

CNN

Watch Lawrence O'Donnell's interview.

(CNN)— Lawrence O’Donnell, Emmy-Award winning producer of The West Wing and a contributor to the Huffington post, said Friday that a senior Clinton campaign official told him the New York Senator will be leaving the race by June 15 with a clear exit strategy.

O’Donnel said the senior campaign official told him they will continue on through the “final votes on June 3,” during which Clinton and Obama are expected to split the states.

After that point, O’Donnell said, the Clinton campaign “will take no more than a week to make their case to superdelegates and as you know, the superdelegates have absolutely no chance of moving over to Hillary Clinton in a week.”

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Dee n Texas

Hillary will be in the race by herself, she is talking to herself right now because Obama and McCain is not paying her any mind. She is just wasting her supporters time – trying to get her money back that she has loaned her campaign – she is fooling her supporters once again.

May 9, 2008 01:14 pm at 1:14 pm |
  2. Jim

Better late than never.

May 9, 2008 01:14 pm at 1:14 pm |
  3. Debby

How can you believe what the Huffington Rag says.

May 9, 2008 01:14 pm at 1:14 pm |
  4. Robert in FL

John McCain will win Florida, since the DNC doesn't care about Florida, I know that he will get my vote if Obama has the nomination.

May 9, 2008 01:14 pm at 1:14 pm |
  5. True Blue

Sounds good to me.

May 9, 2008 01:15 pm at 1:15 pm |
  6. Shannon Bowling Green, KY

If this is the case, as a registered Democrat I will be campaigning my heart out for John McCain.

May 9, 2008 01:15 pm at 1:15 pm |
  7. Kelli

I just want to say, that Obama will be our nominee and to all the Clitons supporters who claim they are voting for McCain is very stupid! Do you really want your sons and daugthers to continue a meaningless war for 100 years or more or do you want peace and better jobs and lower gas prices? Vote for any democratic nominee and kick the republicans out! ONLY MAKES SENSE!

May 9, 2008 01:15 pm at 1:15 pm |
  8. katie, NM

He is probably right. Superdelegates will risk the country rather than their career.

May 9, 2008 01:15 pm at 1:15 pm |
  9. Michele

I am a Clinton supporter but more importantly I am a Democratic supporter and all the hate coming from our party towards one another is sadding....It is not the candidates fault the polictical bashing has gone on for a long time but to see the people of this country throw so much hate is just crazy.....here is something for you HATERS to chew on. "STOP BLAMING HILLARY AND OBAMA THE HATE IS YOUR FAULT." Stop keeping misery company........I hope she does drop out for her sake and believe me it will be a sad day because McCain will win in November. I will vote my party even though I really don't care for Obama nothing personal he just leaves a bad taste.....BTW before people start calling me a uneducted for supporting Hillary I am college educated, African American Woman in her 30's I am also a disabled Gulf War Vet so you can bash and hate me all you want. If you wan the Democratic Party united stop blaming the candidates and take a long hard look in the mirror and change your hate.....

May 9, 2008 01:15 pm at 1:15 pm |
  10. Prof Charlie, University of Texas

I will believe when I see it. She might want to take the party down with her.

May 9, 2008 01:15 pm at 1:15 pm |
  11. Ann

Word Out Hillary!

May 9, 2008 01:16 pm at 1:16 pm |
  12. Jai in PA

We all understand that Obama will be the nominee, but it has been a difficult campaign and it will benefit the party if everyone shows Clinton and her supporters respect. Let her make the decision and let her leave with dignity. Further dividing the party by angering supporters will make it more difficult to unite in November.

May 9, 2008 01:16 pm at 1:16 pm |
  13. B / NYC

Wow O'Donnell you must be a psychic...
    How lame is Hollywood people?

May 9, 2008 01:16 pm at 1:16 pm |
  14. marres

Hillary...please exit the race. You need to move on. You did not get your way and now it is time for you to leave.

May 9, 2008 01:16 pm at 1:16 pm |
  15. Minnesota for Barack

Thank you for your information sir.

By the way love your show but why in the hell's name did you let Rob Lowe and then Sorkin leave it?

May 9, 2008 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  16. Matthew

At which point about 20% of Hillary's supporters – myself included – will declare their support for John McCain. He may not be perfect, but he is battle tested and can be trusted to serve as Commander in Chief.

May 9, 2008 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  17. Allen In North Carolina

She'll stop tearing down the party?...... Get outta here!!!...... Never!!!!
    Oh god I'm sick to death of this person..... mommie {DNC} make it stop!!!!

May 9, 2008 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  18. Derrick Martin

Kevin, I second that motion.

Why are all of my statements under moderation. CNN what is wrong with that statement)

May 9, 2008 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  19. Matt in Ohio

good, and then we can all get together and defeat the GOP

to all HRC supporters saying u will vote for McCain just because HRC lost

just think you want those gas prices to go higher? you want more time in iraq? how about iran next??

you want nothing to change?? then go with mccain

HRC and obama have very very similar policies essentially they are the same candidate just have different personalities

you cannot vote against the party just because of sour grapes

look at the bigger picture!!

Democrats in 08

May 9, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  20. Independent

As long as she behaves and doesn't spend any more time or money tearing down the Democratic nominee, that is fine.

All Obama supporters should be respectful of her decision – a few weeks isn't going to do anything bad, as long as she keeps it positive.

May 9, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  21. sacto joe

Hillary isn't listening. She's still at it, damaging the chances for the Democrats to take back the White House. She's fomented anger and bitterness on all sides with her scorched-earth campaign against Barak. She's even played on the color of his skin, hard as that may be to believe!

Fact is, I used to think highly or her. That's gone, never to return. And yes, I would swallow hard and vote for her come November if she were nominated.

I'm also firmly convinced that a lot of the haters on these forums were never Democrats, in spite of what they say, and are there at the bidding of Rush Limbaugh to foment division.

Women especially need to seriously reconsider their backing for her. She's damaging their cause.

We need to come together, and unite behind the presumptive candidate. Those who have yet to vote can help heal the wounds now by voting for Barak.

May 9, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  22. For the love of this independent

She is going to the convention floor

May 9, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  23. sheep

i read so much hate on this sight i almost cry ..whats sad is these are the people who say WRIGHT spewed hate ,,i guess its alright for them because they hide behind a send button on a comp..Will the people who say theyd rather our sons and daughters would die in a war WHERE WERE TEACHING THOSE PEOPLE HOW TO GET ALONG WITH EACH OTHER ever occured to you we dont even have that in our country ..read the hate ,,Our country in many ways is just as bad as those countries we just dont strap bombs to our bodies we let it spew out our mouths ..for you who want YOUR SONS AND DAUGHTERS to go fight there hate war ..please sign your email with your name and addy ,,i will be compiling a list so you can be notified when your children will ship out ,,ah yes this is much better then voting for a african american man ..

May 9, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  24. Mrs.Ricks

I thank God for one thing in this Democratic race and it is the number of people who have registered under the democratic party one than a million I last heard. This mean we can do it in November. Mrs. Clinton please give us a chance and stop thinking about yourself. Let's UNITE!
    Thanks you,