May 9th, 2008

RNC launches new anti-Obama site

The RNC launched a new Web site Friday.

The RNC launched a new Web site Friday.

(CNN) - The Republican National Committee is stepping up its efforts against Barack Obama, launching a new Web site Friday that solicits voters to question the Illinois senator on issues "he has failed to address or refused to answer."

The site is encouraging both text and video submissions via YouTube. It also features a Web video suggesting certain questions to ask, including, "Why, as an Illinois state Senator, did he vote 'present' over 130 times instead of 'yes' or 'no' on difficult issues like abortion, crime, and guns?" and "Why did he tell donors in San Francisco that the economy has driven small town voters to 'cling' to guns and religion?"

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Paris

Good, about time.
    I wonder why CNN didn't question this.
    These are valid questions that must be answered.
    Among 20 more that Wolf Blitzer failed to address any of them.
    The media has failed to scrutinize this man like they should and they have always done in the past.
    And as soon as you question him they label you as racist.

May 9, 2008 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  2. Peter in Canada

He has explained this crap ad nauseum!
    The change that America needs is CLARITY. The system in place now on bills allows such stupid and meaningless votes that nobody seems to know what to heck the vote really is and what the bill means or what THE REAL PROVISIONS ARE.
    The best vote most times is probably – no vote, since you could be voting to install public washrooms in a private facility!

May 9, 2008 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  3. eric

Answer: Because they do.

May 9, 2008 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  4. Jason - KY

I think he new this was coming, remember these were the plays that they gave Hillary to play in OH, PA, IN.

Nothing new here, he's ready.

May 9, 2008 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  5. Steve, NJ

And I bet I could make an anti-McCain website in about 37 seconds, amazing huh?

May 9, 2008 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  6. Stacy Clarks

I SAY ALL DEMOCRATS AND OBAMA SUPPORTERS FLOOD THE SITE AND ASK WHY REPUBLICANS HAVE KILLED OUR KIDS IN IRAQ, AND TAKEN OUR ECONOMY TO THE GUTTERS!!!!!

May 9, 2008 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  7. Inter-racial Mom in Arizona

The RNC is gonna have to do better than that to win my vote, honestly.

May 9, 2008 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  8. proud army and navy mom

To louis.... it's hard to lighten up when a parent receives communication from troops asking us to keep them forefront in our mind.s.
    they are surviving on very little sleep, underperforming equipment and forced to do two or three tours.
    a fellow solider of my solider committed suicide yesterday.. don't hear even a name on the news.
    so excuse me if i seem to repeat myself. just trying to be a voice to our hardworking troops who has an idiot for a commander-in-chief who would rather tell lame jokes than look after their well-being.
    Obama deservers downtime, i just think the ticker can be used for more informative purposes....i just saying....

May 9, 2008 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  9. Zina

Bring it on, repubs! We knew that whether is the Clinton scandals or whatever you dig up on Obama you would do something disgusting!

Democrats '08

May 9, 2008 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  10. Tanya Kujath

Hillary supporter who WILL vote for Obama. This country cannot stand another republican in the White House. Democrats unite behind our candidate for our Country.

May 9, 2008 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  11. Here's My First Question

WOW, this will be GREAT! There are so many questions I would like to ask Obama! Here's my first one:

Mr. Obama, how will you make sure that no one is injured, if McCain loses his temper during a debate and takes a swing at you?

(I am somewhat concerned about this, because he could easily break his hip if you knocked him down.)

May 9, 2008 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  12. Democrat in Des Moines

If he thinks Clinton was tough on him – wait until the Republicans really let him have it. He'll go from having his pillow taken away to laying on a bed of nails.

The Republicans bring up an execellent point with has been evident all the time – he's just talk. It will be entertaining watching them crush him going forward. He won't win the general election by just giving speeches – he will actually have to act.

McCain '08
    Clinton '12

May 9, 2008 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  13. hakeemsdad, Florida

Yes republicans can ask questions. Obama will gladly answer them.

But try not to throw dirt with fake scenarios and what ifs. Since we know what happened the last time when they said to America people what if Saddam has a nuclear weapon. Where is Saddam and his weapons now!

May 9, 2008 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  14. Robin

Well, this is only to be expected. Republicans, John McCain, cannot just stand on their own merit at this point they need to play bad politics.
    So I guess Obama is the man....

May 9, 2008 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  15. MCcian support

MCcCAIN will loss if he goess neagive
    MCcain is old to be doing this
    shame on you RNC.
    If you go neagive I will not vote for you!!

May 9, 2008 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  16. nice try

...unfortunately I don't think we'll be getting any of the answers the American people deserve...

May 9, 2008 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  17. MD

Why don't you get three sites.. No matter what you morons do this time, the Democrats are going to win by a landslide. I am a Republican, waiting for Obama to be nominated. I want to be the first Republican who switches over AFTER his nomination.

May 9, 2008 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  18. NY'er

Obama is toast.
    The Audacity of Unelectability!!

Dumbocrats do it Again-
    McGovern>Mondale>Gore>Kerry>Obama

May 9, 2008 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  19. joann

Hey Sue, mind your business – this blog is from the RNC to Obama – leave Hillary out of this one. If you don't want her in – don't watch her – she still has supporters who want her to win – close your eyes.

May 9, 2008 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  20. yj

Just the one of the many negative campaigning for the RNC.

Shouldn't the money be spend on a site justifying why we should vote for McCain??? Obviously, there's not much to say about that.

OBAMA O8!!!!

May 9, 2008 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  21. Chip

Looks like they've scrapped the "Karl Rove playbook" for the Clinton manual.

May 9, 2008 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  22. Ken

I say we institute a poll tax.... a poll tax on anyone voting [R]. These people have voted us into debt and, incredibly, will be voting to continue the mess. These people must accept special responsibility for their low voting IQ. I'd say a $500 poll-tax charge should help to start to pay back the debt they caused to our national treasury. That, and sign them up for a military tour too, to help support the war they so tragically want to continue at the cost of others' blood.

May 9, 2008 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  23. Kevin

I just checked out this site. It's kind of dumb (what did I expect, right!).

I was looking for an opportunity to help answer some of these questions (most of which are just accusations, and not really honest questioning.)

And frankly most of these answers can be found with a bit of research.

But it's fun politics.

Hey GOP – Why have you increased the debt so much? Hey GOP, why are we still fighting in Iraq at the cost of $12 BILLION per month, when our objectives have been met? Hey GOP, why do you pretend to be the party of family values, but have so many members who get caught doing things that I keep trying to teach to my children are bad bad things?

Hmmm... maybe I should create an Ask the GOP site.

May 9, 2008 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  24. Uncle Sam

And why does Sen. Obama think that the American people are so anxious for change that we will fall for an untested and unproven candidate who holds out a promise of it, yet doesn't explain what that change will produce?

Americans for McCain '08

May 9, 2008 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  25. Inevitable

WOW SIGNS OF FEAR & DESPERATION................... LOL

REPUBLICANS ARE REALLY AFRAID OF OBAMA >> I'M 100% OF THIS ..

GET READY FOR WAR >>> WAR ON THE ISSUES I MEAN >> THAT'S WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT TO HEAR ABOUT NO DISTRACTIONS >>>>

May 9, 2008 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |