May 9th, 2008

RNC launches new anti-Obama site

The RNC launched a new Web site Friday.

The RNC launched a new Web site Friday.

(CNN) - The Republican National Committee is stepping up its efforts against Barack Obama, launching a new Web site Friday that solicits voters to question the Illinois senator on issues "he has failed to address or refused to answer."

The site is encouraging both text and video submissions via YouTube. It also features a Web video suggesting certain questions to ask, including, "Why, as an Illinois state Senator, did he vote 'present' over 130 times instead of 'yes' or 'no' on difficult issues like abortion, crime, and guns?" and "Why did he tell donors in San Francisco that the economy has driven small town voters to 'cling' to guns and religion?"

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. White middle-aged woman for Obama !

It comes down to this : WE DO NOT WANT ANOTHER 4-8 YEARS OF BUSH POLICIES !! The American people are tired of being lead down that path and the Republicans know they just don't stand a chance in Nov. Normally I would vote republican, but not this time I'm sick of it.
    You people must really be afraid of Sen. Obama if you're gonna start with these tactics.
    I'm for Obama, and can't wait to see him sworn in as President.

May 9, 2008 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  2. Raz

If we vote Republican than we deserve another 4 years of same problems.

Good luck
    Raz

May 9, 2008 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  3. NEVER obama

Good for the RNC. I would vote for a dead snake before I would vote for the liar and UNFIT obama.

May 9, 2008 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  4. Susan

We are for Hillary.

We do feel Obama lacks experience.

We are still hoping Hillary wins the nominee!

May 9, 2008 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  5. pete

I would like to ask how you republicans sleep at night with your tax cuts for the rich and with having the blood of thousands of soldiers on your hands. The best canidate you could come up with is a man who looks like the walking dead? McCain looks like a zombie hes old and applying for a job that will age him fasters then he could imagine. I saw a video of him carrying pizzas to firemen he looked like those were the heaviest pizzas in the world. I bet the boxes were empty. I don't want this man taking any calls at 3 am...Well unless he takes his geritol first.

May 9, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  6. cathi

So the question is, why is CNN providing free advertising for this smear site? This, at the same time that they are distracting voters with played-up conflicts between Hillary and Barack as an excuse NOT to cover the Republican candidate for president. He's getting away with murder while we're still talking about lapel pins.

And they say the media is biased by liberals.

May 9, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  7. b black

another question? why do you want to kill your people in your 100 year war?

May 9, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  8. Jr

Any Black person running coulda been the first Black president. Its as simple as that lol 92% of the black vote goes to obama and 50% of white goes to Hillary. lol Seriously it's so obvious that people are trying to make informed decisions when all the "black people" can do is vote for the "Black man" because this is a civil rights movement still......Seriously get over it, no ones racist but those that keep bringing up the issue, Blacks need to stop being racists and start making informed decisions.

May 9, 2008 03:09 pm at 3:09 pm |
  9. NEVER obama

obama will be the death of America.

May 9, 2008 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  10. Mar

I too will turn Republican if this farce with Obama continues. I have no idea what these super delegates are thinking, idiots as they are. They all talk about Hillary detroying the DNC, well, looks like to me that they are destroying it themselves.
    What a sad time for this country. I will vote republican or independent.

May 9, 2008 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  11. Joe

I am a republican, yet I will vote for Clinton given the opportunity in the Fall. Obama is wishy-washy and backs away from patriotic questions. Do we want this man in the White House? We want a person who knows how to lead; not a rich man who is able to out spend and still has not won! If the Democrats want to win, they need to nominate Hillary. More Republicans will vote for her than for Obama. Wait and see!

May 9, 2008 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  12. Andrew

Ha! People see through this! No one wants a 3rd term McBush! As the first commentator said, these have already been addressed – moving on. Let's have a real debate between Obama and McCain and talk about ALL of the issues to see how they both stand, and let voters make the decision.

May 9, 2008 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  13. tidho

That's a great idea. There are questioned I'd like asked of the candidates (not just Obama) too.

The two examples are just silly though. The clinging/bitter comment has been discussed at nausia. The present votes are completely understandable to anyone that was willing to listen to his answer.

Rather than focus on issues of distraction like that why not ask legitimate policy questions like...
    What motive will companies have to keep paying healthcare for their premiums if Universal coverage is adopted? or...
    The midwest manufacturing sector has been hardest hit my mistakes like NAFTA, given that you recognize NAFTA as a mistake will you be targeting those areas in your jobs programs.

Tough questions don't have to be about distraction issues.

May 9, 2008 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  14. no Obama

If Obama is the nominee we will vote McCain!

May 9, 2008 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  15. Canadian

Typical Republician old style politics.

It won't work this time.

May 9, 2008 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  16. GiveMeABreak

I hope people post questions of this sort (se below). If enough people do, then the site will probably need to be closed (or we'll take it over)! My questions for Obama: "Why are you always right about every major issue facing the country? As two examples, you thought the war in Iraq was a bad idea, and you felt that the Bush tax cuts (which disproportionately helped the richest Americans) was foolish, especially in a time of war. You must have great judgment or you've sold your soul to the Devil. Which is it, buddy? We Republicans are scared of you because you look like the people we put in front of cameras at our conventions but you actually want to make decisions behind the scenes; this should clearly remain in the hands of old white guys like McSame. How can we possibly stop you from turning this country around? Will our choice of John McSame be enough?"

May 9, 2008 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  17. KDH

Why is asking a candidate about his past performance/positions considered "going negative"? Politicians need to be called on the carpet whether they are Dem or Rep.

May 9, 2008 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  18. Dave from VA

The RNC are idoits and if we too are then we all need to go to hell

May 9, 2008 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  19. Shane M from Texas

Ok- let's show a little of our collective intelligence and stop insulting it. I'm still undecided, but I guess I'm the only person to call it as it is... If Hillary had the ability to raise as much money as Obama and more, then there would be no talk about "outspending" on ads and such. The fact that She cannot raise even close to the amount of money that Obama has should be a clear sign of her failure in this race. There are strict limits on private donations in public election campaigns. More money ALWAYS equals more popular support when you break down the numbers. To be fair, Hillary is a strong candidate, who has many points that Obama cannot compete with. The truth is, Americans want change, they want it now, and they want the people they elect to stop insulting their intelligence and values. For that to happen, the electorate must cease trying to feed the public doctored numbers and adjusted figures.

America has spoken: We are tired of the Bushes and Clintons; We are tired of the various, pointless Wars; and we are fed with being fed BS by candidates and incumbents from all parties that feed us whatever they can in order to further their personal careers.

Barack Obama is right: Elected officials running for office should be focused on why they should be elected, not because their "time, service, and dedication" entitles them to it.

May 9, 2008 03:14 pm at 3:14 pm |
  20. Fabian Blache III

Considering the fact that I am a Democrat and don't spend my time ingesting RNC rehtoric, what effect do they think this is going to have?

There aren't eough Republicans registered to vote to make up the difference considering the Democratic voter turnout this election season.

May 9, 2008 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  21. Rich

I live overseas (Italy) and I am an Independent. I support Obama but would happily vote for Clinton if she were nominated. McCain represents what the world has seen for the last 8 years and wants an end to. It is not uncommon over here to here the news refer to the Presidential race as between Obama and Clinton. With the world against McCain I guess he feels desperate and is trying to keep old news new. I am waiting to here about the Rev. Wright again. By the way, when the name Wright is on the ballot, I will consider his comments important.

May 9, 2008 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  22. Churchill

Why don't they devote the site to explaining to the American people what they have achieved in the past Eight years and what they intend to achieve in the coming FOUR years?

Sounds like the move of a desperate bunch.

May 9, 2008 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  23. Brian

Negative.. Negative.. Negative.... who buys this stuff?

May 9, 2008 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  24. joto

I agree with Kevin's analysis:

If these are the issues, the Republicans must be missing something out there LOL.

May 9, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  25. Dave in Atlanta

I can't wait for this!

Obama has detailed out his proposals very specifically on his website, and he is very good at defending his positions against candidates who differ with him. Look how he hung Hillary out to dry over the gas tax holiday thing. Bring em' on. This is the part of the race I have been waiting for!

May 9, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |