May 13th, 2008

Three more superdelegates for Obama

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/05/13/art.romer.ap.jpg caption="Romer, a former DNC chairman, endorsed Obama Tuesday."]

(CNN) - Barack Obama picked up endorsements from three more superdelegates Tuesday, extending his lead over Hillary Clinton in that category to seven.

Indiana Rep. Joe Donnelly, New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, and former Colorado Gov. and onetime Democratic National Committee Chairman Ray Romer have all announced they are backing the Illinois senator.

In a conference call with reporters, Romer acknowledged he has known both Clintons much longer than he has known Obama, but said he feels it is now impossible for the New York senator to win the nomination.

“There is a time we need to end it and direct ourselves to the general election. I think that time is now," he said.

According to CNN's tally, Obama now has the support of 280 superdelegates compared to Clinton's 273.

1. You can't be serious

maya said: "Cohen's Fatal Attraction comparison did it for me. And Obama's silence. I can't vote for him and support or condone what he and his campaign represents."
    _____________________________________________________

Are you kidding me?!?! You can't possibly be serious?! How stupid is this? Never mind those pesky little issues of soldiers dying, war, and the economy.

I think I'm going to make me some shirts that say "I Denounce You". I bet I'd make a killing. I'm an Obama supporter but I'll gladly say that neither Obama NOR Clinton are responsible for what other people say. Cohen isn't even on the Obama campaign staff...jeez.

May 13, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  2. Chaz

It took awhile for him to push the snowball up to the top of the hill, and now finally, it's rolling down the hill, gaining speed, gaining size, and becoming unstoppable. GO OBAMA! YES WE CAN!!

May 13, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  3. Mr. Man

TTo Mark Cross Junction VA. The idiots like your mom.. we vote for him

May 13, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  4. Lucas

bigben– you are on every comment board on cnn bashing obama, and promoting hillary.

news flash: it's over. obama is the nominee, hillary lost.

May 13, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  5. Lee WV

What are the rest holding out for?They are worried about letting the people vote.The republican race has been over for 2 months.We republicans in WV don't feel disenfranchised because we cannot vote.If you remember Huckabee won the caucus way back when.

May 13, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  6. Robb

The lady in the pantsuit is singing.

NO VEEP for HRC.

May 13, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  7. M

I love Hillary. I am sorry she lost. I've gotten so into this campaign that I've felt the anger and defensiveness I feel towards the other team when I watch any close game. But it will fade.

It's fading right now as I think about McCain and how he keeps confusing our enemies. Even if it's just a slip-of the-tongue that keeps happening, it's scary that he could make mistakes like that and not correct himself – his advisers have to. I will vote for Obama when the time comes, and I believe my fellow Clinton-supporters are smart enough to get past the sting of this loss and vote Democrat in the election. We're not all as bitter as some of these posters. If Obama can beat Hillary, well, then he can beat anyone!

May 13, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  8. Gwen, MD

Hillary is actually running a vanity campaign. I heard that on the news and said "exactly, that sums it up". She pretend she's fighting for "the people" when she's really fighting for herself. Now she's asking her supporters to repay her for a "loan" that she gave to her campaign. Why on earth should her supporters "repay" Hillary for staying in a campaign longer than she needed to.

Boy are her supporters gullible. This rich, wealthy woman won't "give" to her own campaign, but she wants everyone else to. Saturday Night Live got it right–she's a sore loser.

Obama 08

May 13, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  9. Misty

Woooo Hooo Obama

May 13, 2008 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  10. Barbara Branham

Good for him, but I have been a life long democrat, and as long as I remember have always exercised my right to vote, I am also an african american female and based on how I have seen the media treat Senator Clinton, I have come to this conclusion.....if she is not the candidate which it looks like she will not be, then I will for the first time note vote for president of the United States. I am very disappointed, in the entire process: Florida and Michigan follow their state law and then they say they will get punished, neither candidate campaigned in Florida so it was even steven and they should awarded the the results as they were, and Michigan could resolve the situation, so I think the campaign folks are wimps, especially Howard Dean as he did not stand up for the voter. If I lived in Florida I would vote for the other party because the Dems have screwed Floridians so much. And then Barack Obama is not all pure.....just wait those Republicans are going to get him. Also how could the media say that Senator Clinton brought up the race card, lets speak frankly I have spent allot of time being educated on race and race issues and only a person who is not knoweledgable would not admit that race is an obvious issue, everytime you look at Barack Obama you see a black man and every time you hear his name people will think of of three things, he is black, he is muslim and he must be the enemy . I am not blaming them from thinking that way, the can not help it but lets be honest race is an obvious issue and those who say other wise are not being truthful. I am not against him but I view his record and he did not take a stand on issue which I feel are important, like woman and children's health issue, go read it is public record check out his senate votes, and also he voted with VP Cheney on the oil company vote....whereas these things were important to Senator Clinton and still are...Americans are suppose to be role models or so they say and we are always telling others how they should treat each other and he we are the most judgemental of all. So I say if Hillary can not be president now, give her a position of power, as she deserves it and she is not afraid to take on the status quo in D.C. while Barack will be trying to make peace they will be pick pocketing his back pocket. Go Hillary I support you to the end.

May 13, 2008 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  11. gerald strother

Three more superdelegates for Obama CHECK THE OTHER NEW ON MORE HAS BEEN ADD TOTAL OF 4 MORE AND MORE ON THE WAY TODAY GO OBAMA 008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 13, 2008 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  12. mitchell from arkansaw

wtg sds!the obama train will roll right on past the hill-billary's,in west va.!

May 13, 2008 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  13. Mike from Westchester

Bloggers like bigben and Hillary/McCain are Republican trolls. Don't listen to idiots.

Obama is our candidate and we are going to have a historic victory, God willing, in November. McCain's shortcomings coupled with a disastrous eight years under Republican rule is too much to overcome, even with the expected smear campaign. Let's see, how will it go?

– Obama is not patriotic (flag pin makes you patriotic, you know)
    – Obama is a racist (his black half hates his white half)
    – Obama is a closet Muslim spy (over 10% of Americans belive this...but heck, 28% still think Bush is doing a good job)
    – Obama is too black (of course, in December he wasn't black enough)
    – Obama is too liberal (look at 20 carefully selected senate votes, not his centerist beliefs and platform)
    – Obama is too inexperienced (when our best Presidents are almost uniformly less experienced that our worst ones – think Lincoln, Teddy, JFK – intelligence, vision, & judgment trump age every time)
    – Be scared of Obama (the politics of fear won't work this time)

The truth will set us all free! Obama WILL win and he WILL be a good, if not great, President.

May 13, 2008 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  14. Blair

Hillary DO NOT get on a ticket with obama. As far as you obama people. He has not won anything. This campaign has been nothing but a farce from the get-go.
    All I got to say to you all and obama- what goes around comes around- he has WON nothing and all he has done is shatter the election process apart. I can not wait to see how he will shatter his cult members into little pieces and spit them out. I wonder- how far his cult will go for him- over throw the government?

May 13, 2008 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  15. Angie

For all of you so-called democrats that say you will vote for McCain, if Obama wins, you are not a democrat at all. You are just someone that has hatred and ignorance in your heart and life.

So, when more military Americans die, or come home missing a limb or two and your family can't eat a good meal because you are paying out of your ying yang for gas. KEEP YOUR MOUTHS SHUT!!! Don't complain about McCain because you voted for him. Just like the ones that voted for Bush. The Bush family will be the only ones living the life of luxury when he leaves office. He has treated America like a company; and now we are bankrupted.

But, still I am glad there are Americans with a mind of their own. That know it is time for a change.

OBAMA '08

May 13, 2008 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  16. dave

why obama can't quit the race if he really thinks the Dem, because in that way, it is good too for Dem.

May 13, 2008 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  17. Ted van Tol

Marc,

America is doomed already by the politics of Bush.
    He made this world more dangerous and
    there will be more attacks like 9/11 when this
    politics continues. America has made a big mess
    of this world.

Time to try a different and new way!

Barack Obama will be respected for his attitude,
    his honesty and dignity.
    This world needs to change now and if America
    stays behind you are missing the train to the future.
    I am an European and live in the Netherlands but
    I am so trilled when Barack will be you president
    he will be mine too!.
    Lets make this world a better, safer and cleaner place
    for everyone!

And McCaine wont be a alternative. Dont give the
    future of your country in the hands of an old man.

Dems, Rep. and indep. reunite and vot for Obama
    and you wil become proud again..

(sorry for my bad English).

May 13, 2008 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  18. Fernandez

Hillary should qiut the race and run as an Independent and let Howard Dean and the DNC select their nominee with 48 states representing the democrats in the national convention.

May 13, 2008 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  19. Stop crying already.

All of these Hillary female supporters could care less if she is loosing. My Mom is one of them. She would rather fight against Obama, because he is a man in a race against a woman, then support him. Although, when Obama has secured the nomination and Hillary has given Obama her blessing then the millions of femin.... women will support him.

May 13, 2008 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  20. lovely

Hillary/McCain have u been paying attention.
    Obama has more Delegates more SuperD's and the popular
    votes. You are silly to even have the thought of electing McCain
    a person whom out of touch with reality whats going on in this
    world only from what someone is telling him, he's 1/2 step better
    than bush u c the state our Economy is in all the Deaths of our troops
    get real.why dont u draft your children or Bush's daughters in the service and she how fast you try to bring the troops!!

May 13, 2008 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  21. Tyler in Raleigh, NC

I love all the women (and men) that are pro-choice and pro-clinton saying they will vote for McCain even AFTER he says he will appoint conservative judges.

They say "hell hath no fury like a women scorned" but don't forget that you should not "cut off your nose to spite yoru face".

Do you know how petty and foolish, like a 5-year old with a temper tantrum you sound? You go to bed with no dinner because you could not get what you wanted..... would you really rather let McCain win or vote for him just to tell off Obama?

Would you really like to tell the families of our soliders that die in Iraq or the people that lose jobs in America during the Bush 3rd term "Sorry, I could have ended this but I was ticked off Clinton lost"?????

How very sad and what lack of principles you hold.

May 13, 2008 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  22. MSmsdD

bigben needs to move to a country better suited to him-how about Myanmar!

May 13, 2008 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  23. SMART 1

BEWARE THERE ARE REPUBLICANS POSTING ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD TO CAUSE ANGER AND CONFUSION. THEY ARE MORE THAN LIKELY THOSE WHOARE POSTING " I WON'T VOTE FOR BARACK" .

IF YOU AREN'T A REPUBLICAN SAYING THIS YOU MIGHT AS WELL BE BECAUSE YOUR WORSE THAN THEY ARE BY SAYING YOU WON'T VOTE WITHIN YOUR OWN PARTY BECAUSE OF YOUR HURT FEELINGS. SILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 13, 2008 01:22 pm at 1:22 pm |
  24. Independent

You are a little slow CNN. The number is four today. Clinton News Network still trying to force her ahead?

May 13, 2008 01:22 pm at 1:22 pm |