May 19th, 2008

Clinton cites Karl Rove as reason to stay in

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/05/19/art.clinton.5.19.jpg caption="Hillary Clinton campaigns in Kentucky Monday ahead of the states primary."]
PRESTONSBURG, Kentucky (CNN) – Hillary Clinton defended her reasoning for staying in the presidential race Monday afternoon by pointing out that Karl Rove's analysis shows her to be the strongest candidate against John McCain in November.

“There has been a lot of analysis about which of us is stronger to win against Sen. McCain, and I believe I am the stronger candidate,” said Clinton, repeating a line from her stump speech.

Then she veered from her usual argument.

“Just today I found some curious support for that position when one of the TV networks released an analysis done by – of all people – Karl Rove, saying that I was the stronger candidate,” said Clinton. “Somebody go a hold of his analysis and there it is.”

Clinton was referring to electoral maps drawn up by Karl Rove’s consulting firm that were obtained by ABC and forecast her currently leading McCain in the electoral college by 53 votes (259-206), while Obama trails McCain by 17 (238-221)

270 electoral votes are needed to win November’s election.

Clinton continued to push for Florida and Michigan’s delegates to be seated but said that even if that happens, the race won’t be over.

“Once we include Florida and Michigan, neither Sen. Obama nor I will have enough delegates to get the nomination so there is no way that this is going to end any time soon because we’re going to keep fighting for the nomination.”

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Dixie Dem

Obama and Odinga in Kenya
    Standing behind a tree
    k-i-l-l-i-n-g
    First comes the church
    filled with the people
    then they set fire
    to the doors and the steeple.

May 19, 2008 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  2. The Dude

Wow. Just... Wow.

May 19, 2008 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  3. sanger, tx

for those of you who voted for obama will have a rude awakening once mccain gets a hold of him. vote for a stronger candidate, GO HILLARY!!!!

May 19, 2008 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  4. NickNas

WOW She ahs gone even lower than she did LAST week!! Whats Next?? "Satin worshippers prefer me 5 to one???"

Hey DNC Know THIS!! You let this nut within 100 MILES of the Ticket and we willl not send ONE RED CENT!!! I cannot support this nut and look my kids in the eye while she does EVERYTHING I taught my kids not to do and expect to be rewarded.

May 19, 2008 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  5. chris

LOL i got a good laugh out of this one. LOL. Wow Hillary is great. Her and Huck should start a comedy tour together!!!

In all honesty though, after this charade is over we will welcome her to our corner. She has shown that there are few out there who can match her in determination, resiliency and YES smarts.

Her and President Obama will make a terrific 1, 2 punch, Executive Office and Legislature being led by outstanding talent.

May 19, 2008 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  6. E for Obama

Is this her argument to the super's?

Endorse Clinton because Karl Rove says so…HAHAHA!

She is pathetic!!!

Her desperation has hit an all time high.

What a CLOWN!!!

May 19, 2008 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  7. Jen

Rove? She must be off her meds!

May 19, 2008 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  8. Sue P / PA

Is this the kitchen sink, stove , fridg, and bathrooms too??? I am thinking, it is the comode.....Please FLUSH!!!!

May 19, 2008 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  9. andrew

rove? really! hahahahahahahah

he's going to prison... she's going back to chappaqua.... or to a mental institution...

May 19, 2008 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  10. Bob in San Diego

Rove is a reason to stay in the race? Rove?!! The woman has become a total cartoon of the worst in politics.

May 19, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  11. Jim

Rove and Hillary are both right and the Obama campaign is going to find that out sooner or later, preferably sooner! Tomorrow Kentucky will add its name to the growing list of states that have rejected Obama.

Hillary can save it all for the Dems and their supporters so let's get the Superdelegates behind her NOW!!!

President Clinton 2008, 2012!

May 19, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  12. Mike NYC

Hmm so we should have just asked Karl Rove in January then waste millions of dollars in campaign funds and all this time.

May 19, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  13. Lanny Davis

Next she will say Bush is for her ... hes at least one of the very few that have less cred than Rove. He's as responsible for our childrens deaths in Iraq as W.

May 19, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  14. Addis - observer

Call Dr. Phill, He is the only one who could treat such kinds of "denial" ... "denial of imminent truth" ... Dr. Phill, please help Hillary!

May 19, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  15. Tell the truth

Please stop. Not worth a comment from me

May 19, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  16. Isaac

I've always been for Obama, but even I had always figured that Clinton was smart enough not to listen when Satan, the God of Lies speaks. But I guess I was wrong.

May 19, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  17. Karl

That settles my vote. I want Hillary for President with Dick Cheney continuing as VP and Karl Rove as White House Chief of Staff.

May 19, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  18. tupac

Why is Karl Rove not in prison anyway, especially for the treatment he gave the Governor in Alabama not counting other felonies. He shouldn't be allowed to roam the streets, you see how he is beginning to pollute even the minds of toughie girl Hillary!

May 19, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  19. Mohammad, LA CA

Wow, you're citing Karl Rove as your reason to stay in? Why don't you run for the Republican nomination? If you start now, you might still have a chance!!!! Hahaha.

May 19, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  20. PF Harlock

This is all so nuts that I wouldn't be surprised at this point by a independent Clinton/Rove ticket.

May 19, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  21. Joe

Clinton should stay in because satin says so is one thing.
    Agreeing with the anti-Christ is another matter all together!

May 19, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  22. Lin Lo

She thinks she can beat McCain and she can't even beat Obama? I guess that's why her financial advisors are trying to bribe the Young Democrats with $1 million dollars. Glad they were smart enough to say no. She is pathetic.

May 19, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  23. Stevie Wonder

Have my eyes deceived me. Hillary is taking advice from Karl Rove....I never thought I would see the day that a Democrat is taking advice from a future convict.

May 19, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  24. Million Women March

I propose a million women march on Washington in support of Hillary Clinton. For all of the women out there that support Hillary and oppose the DNC's and the Obama Campaign's behind-the-scenes push to support Obama and block Clinton's nomination, I recommend this action. I and many other women are not going to support him in the general election due to this egregious, non-democratic and arrogant approach for selecting a candidate. The media bias along with the continued slams against Ms. Clinton should have been openly rejected by the DNC and were not. I am with Geraldine Ferro and the rest of the Hillary supporters who plan not to vote or switch sides. Yes, this will not be a united party no matter what the party officials and supporter say.

May 19, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  25. MaryJo Bruce Surprise, Ariz

Hillary will know what to do when the phone rings at 3 in the morning as they say. obama will be wanting to talk to the terrorists and say,
    " Oh don't send in the nukes. Its early lets meet for breakfast and talk about it." as we all fry.....Hes, no substance, a real great orator though. Got to give him credit in that area. Lovely speeches. Change America Change. Does America know from why back when all presidents have said that. We need change, America wants change, alittle change. With Obama there won't be any change. Its all talk like they do. However, Hillary will do more than talk. She will get down to business right away. She will not embolden the enemy PERIOD.

May 19, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |