May 20th, 2008

Clinton fights on, Obama returns to Iowa

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/POLITICS/05/20/primary.wrap/art.split.candidates.ap.jpg caption=" Obama campaigned in Montana Monday while Clinton campaigned in Kentucky the day before the state's primary."]
(CNN) - It's all about location, location, location.

Sen. Hillary Clinton will spend Tuesday night in Kentucky to celebrate what's expected to be a big win in that state's primary. But Sen. Barack Obama won't be in Oregon, even though he's favored to win that state's contest Tuesday.

The Illinois senator will appear at a rally in Iowa, where he kicked off the primary season with a January 3 caucus win - a victory that helped propel him to Democratic front-runner status.

Iowa is also a swing state - one President Bush won by just 10,000 votes in 2004, and one the Democrats would love to win this November.

Obama told reporters Sunday that visiting Iowa "was a terrific way to kind of bring things full circle."

Full story

1. Cammi317

PROUD WEST VIRGINIAN....You just keep on voting against your better interest and West Viriginia will continue to be "po dunk" and at the bottom of the totem pole. I hear your state voted for Bush....TWICE. Even if West Virginians were doing somewhat better during the Clinton years, I would guess the state was still at the bottom of the totem pole. That's right, just keep on voting for okay memories of yester year instead of voting for a better tomorrow, and West Viriginia will continue to be the butt of jokes for the rest of the country.

May 20, 2008 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  2. Enlightened Voter

Poorly run campain, poorly run financial management, losing a contest to a newcomer and yet she is more electable? How has her so called experience helped her?

May 20, 2008 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  3. Drip Drip

Some of you are going to have to redo your math, Obama has picked up 3 more supers in Guam, Iowa and Michigan today (and it's really early).

May 20, 2008 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  4. Justme WV

I am also one of the 26% in WV. I am also a veteran and I am an American Black woman..with that being said, let me further state that I
    have never been so PROUD of my country. She has risen to her glory..and if anybody thinks that Obama is not patriotic...you have to be blind...not many people of color would risk the absolute rejection that WV and possibly KY has shown Sen Obama.

OBAMA 08

May 20, 2008 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  5. ps

a must read bill s2433 just google it, for Obama

May 20, 2008 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  6. proud army and navy mom

To Generation X
    i could not have said it better. hillary supporters thinks it fine to sling mud and insults, but when someone says something about that lying, deceitful, twofaced old hag, they get offended. no surprise that they are just like their candidate.

i understand it's not all her supporters. some are intelligent and progressive....misguided but good people all the same.

May 20, 2008 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  7. The Truth

It's Over Hillary.......Let it Go......

The American People have spoken loud and clear.........

OBAMA: THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2008 10:52 am at 10:52 am |
  8. Dina from New York

Do not count all Hillary Supporters will vote for McCain

I voted for Hillary on Feb 5. I will vote for Obama.

I had never been so-called strong Hillary supporter. As a woman, I just wanted to see a woman President.

Those feminists disgust me who think they would rather vote for McCain.
    Do you think what will happen to Roe vs Wade?

May 20, 2008 10:52 am at 10:52 am |
  9. The American Vote

Hillary has doomed the party with her antics and her short-sightedness. What a shame she thought so much of herself that she thought of no one else.

A Clinton has soiled the party ... again.

May 20, 2008 10:52 am at 10:52 am |
  10. Dan , TX

I know a lot of Clinton supporters, every single one of them will gladly support Obama if he is the nominee.

May 20, 2008 10:52 am at 10:52 am |
  11. Freida NYC

Rich,

I am not a Rep at all!!!!!!!! However, I would rather stay home in Nov if Obama is the nominee period. Need to say more?

May 20, 2008 10:52 am at 10:52 am |
  12. Kenneth M

WHY IS IT OK FOR HER TO SAY THAT SHE HAS MORE VOTES BUT NOT FOR HIM TO SAY HE HAS MORE DELEGATES? EACH TIME SHE SAYS SHE HAS MORE VOTES I FEEL LIKE SHE IS PUSHING HIM OUT OF THE RACE BEFORE IT IS OVER.

May 20, 2008 10:52 am at 10:52 am |
  13. From Dem to Independent

None of this matters to me...........

I am still writing in Hillary Clinton in November.

Obama won't change my mind.

May 20, 2008 10:52 am at 10:52 am |
  14. Sylvia

Barack Obama will not win election in November. I am a Hillary supporter and believe me there are alot of other people that feel the same way I do. Do you think it is fair to not count the Florida and Michigan votes. No it is not fair. We have to go by the rules he says. barack Obama is the reason those votes are not being counted or at least giving them another chance at voting. You want to talk about breaking rules. What about breaking the rules the night of the election of Tennessee. He had a judge do an order to keep polling places open for like 3 hours more so that voters could vote due to the tornados they were experiencing. Please and you want to talk about breaking the rules. And he ended up losing that state. He is afraid because he knows he will not win those states and that is why he does not want to re-do vote there. But thats okay because he will not win the general election. Especially when he chooses to win the wrong way by making sure every vote counts and he doesn't care. McCain will win the general election. Trust me everyone will lash back at this and it ain't over yet. With the way this world is now it really doesn't matter who is president. But McCain has more experience when it comes to the war. Barack Obama is a rookie. There is nothing that man can do to change thgis country. He will not win. I am a democrat but I am voting Republican this year.

May 20, 2008 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  15. Chris in VA

28,000 more Democrtic voters have voted for Hillary than for Barry.

But of course, the superdelegates can't give the nomination to Hillary just because she got the most votes. The superdelegates have to vote the politically correct way, of course...They give it to the guy who finished second! Political correctness trumps following the voters' choice in the Democratic Party superdelegates' priortities.

Geraldine Ferraro was right.

May 20, 2008 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  16. SaveTheDramaFoObamasMama

A vote for Obama is a garaunteed vote to lose in November. So sad.

May 20, 2008 10:54 am at 10:54 am |
  17. Emma

I am so sick of CNN posting the garbage that Senator Clinton keeps espousing. Everyone keeps talking about Senator Obama not being able to get rural white American votes and occasionally mentions the African American votes that Senator Clinton can't get.

If the superdelegates screw up this primary and takes the nomination from Senator Obama, I am willing to stake my life that Senator Clinton will NEVER receive support from the African American community. Let her take the rural white American votes and see how fast she gets to the White House with the support of African Americans.

My message to the Superdelegates........."just try it." The only way Senator Clinton will get to the White House is by driving by it or being invited by President McCain!

May 20, 2008 10:54 am at 10:54 am |
  18. J.O. Howell

Hillary Clintons argument she has received the most popular votes, including the Michigan and Florida primaries which the Dem. Party leaders in their infinite wisdom have decided to kick back into the faces of the concerned and consciencious voters of those two very crucially needed states come the general ellectin in November', is a mathematical fact. The numbers don't lie. The fact that if this were the general election, Clinton would also have 300 electoral votes, nearly one third more than Obama, should not, can not, but apparently is not considered a relevant argument in the eyes of the same Dem. Party masterminds. If they don't wake up and smell the coffee, and do it soon, the only thing Democrats will smellin November is the malodorous scent of four more years of the illegal and criminal policies now poluting our nation. God bless America–and every single, solitary citizen seeking to have their voice heard.

May 20, 2008 10:54 am at 10:54 am |
  19. Generation X

Democrats don;t forget about the Republicans blogging as Hillary supporter. The Republicans know that McCain doesn't stand a chance in November against Obama. And for all the Hillary's diehard supporters go change partys and stop with the threats. NO ONE CARES ANYMORE!!!

May 20, 2008 10:55 am at 10:55 am |
  20. lol

keep going hillary, it is pathetic that the presumptive nominee obama is losing states with such a big margin this late in the game. he couldn't even carry ONE county in WV. and the polls in KY show he will lose big. superdelegates this guy can't beat mccain, hillary can!

May 20, 2008 10:55 am at 10:55 am |
  21. mike

To all you frustrated Clinton supporters out there, it is not easy to face the fact that your canididate will lose. I would feel the same way if Obama were on the losing end. However, some of this threatening talk to not vote or vote McCain is pretty reprehensible. It makes one wonder why you are voting in the first place, to advance our country or to make an inidividual stand. And by the way, hateful rhetoric has been coming from both sides here. Some of the things I have read about both candidates are ridiculous and fueling the animosity.
    Everyone needs to deal with reality here. Obama will get the nomination and the democrats need to unite in order to beat McCain and get the country back on track. Those of you who would stay home,
    don't complain when McCain wins and continues this backward course we are on.

May 20, 2008 10:55 am at 10:55 am |
  22. Pam

Why is it whenever HIllary is speaking, I feel like I'm being lectured to? She's always shouting and pointing and looking pissed off.

May 20, 2008 10:55 am at 10:55 am |
  23. Linda of Atlanta

What about coming out and saying that the claims Clinton is making are false? It is nothing short of outrageous for Clinton to still be in this race. As a woman, I am ashamed of her behavior and I question her fitness for any office.

May 20, 2008 10:55 am at 10:55 am |
  24. H-ROD

HIllary ,Go away it's over goodnight already go to bed. Don,t make me come in there and turn out that light. (and OH yeah Obama can)!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2008 10:56 am at 10:56 am |
  25. Let the Fresh Air In America

Hillary, one thing that we demand from our leaders is that they have some degree of self respect and that they treat us with respect. You destroyed yours quite awhile back and your antics throughout this campaign insulted our intelligence.

I don't care that you destroy your political career; I really don't. I do care that you are trying to destroy the basic principles of our democracy. You cannot believe in a true democracy and continue with your constant re-evaluation of just how YOU think this nominee should be chosen. You cannot believe in a true democracy when you think you are ENTITLED to be our next president. You cannot believe in a true democracy when you keep playing the gender card and the race card.

Your pathetic rants and IT SHOULD BE ME used to make me so angry. Now I just turn away shaking my head. It has reached the point now where your continuing is just demoralizing. You have gone from the victim role to that of a martyr. No one likes either one.

May 20, 2008 10:56 am at 10:56 am |