May 20th, 2008

Clinton fights on, Obama returns to Iowa

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/POLITICS/05/20/primary.wrap/art.split.candidates.ap.jpg caption=" Obama campaigned in Montana Monday while Clinton campaigned in Kentucky the day before the state's primary."]
(CNN) - It's all about location, location, location.

Sen. Hillary Clinton will spend Tuesday night in Kentucky to celebrate what's expected to be a big win in that state's primary. But Sen. Barack Obama won't be in Oregon, even though he's favored to win that state's contest Tuesday.

The Illinois senator will appear at a rally in Iowa, where he kicked off the primary season with a January 3 caucus win - a victory that helped propel him to Democratic front-runner status.

Iowa is also a swing state - one President Bush won by just 10,000 votes in 2004, and one the Democrats would love to win this November.

Obama told reporters Sunday that visiting Iowa "was a terrific way to kind of bring things full circle."

Full story

1. Margie

Just look at all the Hillary haters. Wow, what a great following obama has!

May 20, 2008 10:56 am at 10:56 am |
  2. Mish

America just make sure you vote democratic!!!!
    Americans need to get the WARMONGERS out of the whitehouse in November!!!
    I have been reading from credible sources on the web for weeks now and again just this morning right here on CNN reports that the criminals BUSH and Cheney are going to start a war with Iran!!
    The white house states its not true but I think all Americans are aware
    of how Bush and Cheney operate and its not pretty or moral!!!
    Time to impeach these two before more unrepairable damage is done
    They should be charged with war crimes!!
    America needs to stop being the *Bully On The Block*
    Be very cautious who you vote for in november
    Obama Clinton 08 for the road to peace and prosperity!!!
    Just think of what the war money could do for the economy!!!

May 20, 2008 10:56 am at 10:56 am |
  3. Wait, I just had a thought

Alot of people keep saying they won't vote for Obama because the media was bias towards him. If the media was bias as some claim, how can the responsibility for that bias be placed on Sen. Obama. I don't get that part.

I know the intelligent people out there of all backgrounds can't possibly think Sen. Obama controls the media. (If you do you need to seek therapy. You are the same freaks that think 9/11 is a conspiracy and you really need to grow up and fast.)

May 20, 2008 10:56 am at 10:56 am |
  4. Concerned Immigrant

When I read the posts here, I feel so sad for this great country. I come from a country where people vote for leaders (very corrupt and bordering criminals) just because they are from the same tribe. They vote these people in and these leaders just ruin the country.

When I read of people voting for McCain, Hillary or Obama based on their sex, Age, Race or Religion, I cannot but feel sad that this great democracy that we look up to is just all but a mirage. They are no better than the guys in my country voting for someone just because they are from the same tribe.

Whatever reason you use to vote for a candidate this fall, please let it not be because of Race, Sex, Age or Religious affiliation. Let it be because of the policies that they will adopt. Otherwise, this democracy is no better that the failed democracies in other countries, just one that has been clothed with gold to appear great.

May 20, 2008 10:56 am at 10:56 am |
  5. Roger MD

Hillary is not losing the primary because men won't vote for a woman.

It's the campaign team leadership that decided to run a coronation instead of a campaign and spent excessively and unwisely before Super Tuesday. Until the past month or two both campaigns had raised similar amounts of money.

When behind the campaign panicked and went very negative. Hillary's credibility was lost to very bad advice from very highly paid political soldiers of fortune.

It was a hiring decision gone very, very badly.

The team should agree to forgive their invoices. Hillary should gracefully concede and go on to lead the party as Senate Majority Leader where she can make a great contribution to the people of the United States.

May 20, 2008 10:57 am at 10:57 am |
  6. Ted

Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton together on same ticket to me is good. I hope that can be done because witht he two of them they are unstoppable. That will show the country that with whatever circumstances that we can unify. A black and a white together in the white house. To make history. I really want to see that. We need a change and them two together it would be the best for the country. It is only fair for Hillary to get the VP spot since they are not counting the Florida and Michigan votes. Obama/Clinton 08

May 20, 2008 10:57 am at 10:57 am |
  7. elvispresleyObamo

»Go great Obama!...DEFEAT that FAKE Woman!...Obama already WON the Democratic nomination!...HURRAH!...HURRAH!...

May 20, 2008 10:58 am at 10:58 am |
  8. H-ROD

What else can you say at this point the woman is nuts !!!

May 20, 2008 10:58 am at 10:58 am |
  9. ne, Pa.

The Clintons know the only way they win is if something catastrophic happens with Obama. They have nothing to lose by keeping this going. It's all about the Clintons...always.

May 20, 2008 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  10. GLBT FLORIDA

I hope we can win this election without Clinton Supports. What a bunch of bitter people. And yes that was a direct reference. Geraldine looked like a complete idiot on TV today. The whole world does not revolve around Hillary Clinton. It does not revolve around her voters. It does not revolve around women. nothing like feeling the rath of a woman scorned.... But dude... no one scorned you. Voters all over the nation voted and you lost! You lost! I know you are all upset but back off!

May 20, 2008 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  11. lil

Jane L.

When I started to read your post I could understand why you felt
    the way you did, It was disappointment for you canidate but toward
    the end I really begun to get what was on your mind.

You are one of the many Americans who can not and just will not vote
    for a black person whether that person be man or woman. Your last
    sentence gave you away. Sen. Obama has worked as hard as Sen
    Clinton and he is leading.

Be fair dont use excuses must honest people would admit that just
    read the post....and would take up so must space to make a one sentence point.

May 20, 2008 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  12. elvispresleyObamo

»»GOODBYE Hillary "So FAKE" Clinton :- YOU LOST!!...GO HOME now and STOP DAMAGING the Democratic Campaign!...Go GREAT OBAMA!...Well done people in Oregon!...VICTORY!...

May 20, 2008 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  13. gene

I don't happen to be a "closet Republican" , I am a life long old Democrat, and I will not vote for Obama in the fall. It is not because he is black, as I have voted for White, black and hispanic candidates, not only in primaries but in the general elections. I just don't base this on the Rev. Wright's remarks or the comments by his wife, but by his almost total lack of foriegn affairs experience and his elitest attitude. I will vote for John McCain, if for no other reason. CNN has joined the ranks of MSNBC and I now get my news from FOX News. With them you get the "fair and Balance" news, they don't like either Democratic candidate, so you get the good and bad of both of the candidates.

May 20, 2008 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  14. Rick, PA

This is for Jane L. I understand you don't like to see you candidate lose the primary. But, to take the stance that Obama is the cause for her losing is not fair. First, Hillary did not manage a good campaign. 2nd, although you mention Obama and his unfair ads, you neglect to mention that Hillary was all to happy to get down in the dirt first. Obama had a lot of ammunition in the Clinton closet that he did not even bring up. But, I think the most interesting thing is that any woman would even consider voting for John McCain. Do you not care about Roe v Wade – that is surely going to be overturned if McCain gets in and appoints his conservative jurists. And, do you want your sons and daughters to go off to Iraq and possibly Iran because McCain wants to continue the war? What if he needs a draft to support it? Vote the way you want to, but if I were you, I would think long and hard about the direction of the country before you do.

May 20, 2008 11:00 am at 11:00 am |
  15. Debbie,NJ

I can't believe you people are still following Hillary. She would go Rep if it would get her in office. Throwing around Carl Rove of all people.
    Next you'll hear her make promises to the rep. She already campaigns like one. THis woman would do, be and say anything to win. The same people who continue to follow her say they don't trust her. So please tell me why you support her. She is a liar, panderer, cheater, manipulator. Are these the qualities you want in a leader. She has taken over $800,000 from lobbyist. DOn't you think she owes them something. Her husband is still doing deals with foreign countries who are taking our jobs. What's wrong with you people. Experience. Look what experience has done for this country. Apparently experience alone is not enough. There are plenty of people in the WH with experience. How about some integrity, wisdom, and moral values to go with that experience.

May 20, 2008 11:00 am at 11:00 am |
  16. American Girl

Hillary supporters.. you really do not see Hillary's game plan??

She is staying in this race to make Barack Stronger!
    The more she lingers as the old dynasty, the more people see him as a step above.
    The more he has to fight her, and McAmbush (McCain and Bush), the conservative right wing, the racist COP in hickville USA, the more the rest of the country unites behind him.

What her campaign is showing the rest of the country and world is that we need to bring our nation up beyond the ignorance of racism and lack of education.

May 20, 2008 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  17. Jerry in Boston

To my friend Cryston in St. Louis. Thanks for the cultural lesson about the use of the word “sweetie” in the south. Tell me, where in the south is Obama from? Also, he said it in Detroit, is that in the south?

Obama has repeatedly got away with casual sexism that would not have been tolerated if it had been racism.

This campaign has demonstrated unequivocally that in America today, sexism is alive and well.

May 20, 2008 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  18. elvispresleyObamo

»ENOUGH of LIES!...ENOUGH of Clintons!!...Bye Bye Hillary "trying to DECEIVE the poor and the less educated! Clinton GO AWAY now!!...VICTORY for the great Barack OBAMA!...HURRAH!

May 20, 2008 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  19. Rudy NYC

Hillary,
    Go for what you know. Show us more of what you know. We just don't get it yet.

May 20, 2008 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  20. Where or where is Florida and Michigan

They need to be counted DNC/Howard Dean.

If they are not counted I hope people leave the dem. party in droves.

HIllary for President

May 20, 2008 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  21. Hanging Chad

)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

She is delusional.

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

May 20, 2008 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  22. Question??

To all Clinton supporters:

I was wondering, I don't live in America but have kept up through America media, Internet, etc. as much as anyone else. Just in the last week or so, I've heard a claim on blogs by Clinton supporters that Obama is sexist. ((99% of the people making such claims were women))

My question is when was the exact moment (particular speech, etc.), or what is a quote that anyone can give me that proves this sexist accusation?

Or should I write this off as the angry feminist who just say this because they can't except defeat?

May 20, 2008 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  23. elvispresleyObamo

»Obama!...Obama!...VICTORY!...PARTY is...on.

May 20, 2008 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  24. Mikey

To Jane L:

You should seek professional help. Please follow you hero's advice when she tells you to vote for Obama.

All those Democrats that voted for Nader bear some responsibility for the last seven years, including the 4,000 American and tens of thousands of Iraqi dead.

All those who choose not to vote for Obama will bear responsibility for the next four or eight years.

You must face up to the fact that Hillary will never be President. Sorry. If she is held responsible for a Republican victory in November, she will not win another election, ever. I'm sure you don't want that result.

May 20, 2008 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  25. Tom,West Michigan

To Hillary...The country and your party is begging for a little grace-
    fullness from you. Please be states-person – like...show us your best
    side and quit the political gamesperson stuff! Your career as a solid
    senator hangs in the balance. Thanks in advance.

May 20, 2008 11:02 am at 11:02 am |