May 29th, 2008

Clinton campaign plans to keep going - but isn't saying where

The primaries may be over, but there are signs the Clinton campaign may keep going.

(CNN) -
Democrats, reporters and rival Barack Obama’s campaign have all been scrutinizing Hillary Clinton for signs she may continue her presidential run after the last primary takes place June 3. On Thursday, they got an answer: definitely maybe.

The press corps traveling with the New York senator received an afternoon e-mail asking them whether they wanted to stay on the road with the campaign next week – most of which falls after Tuesday’s votes in Montana and South Dakota, the final contests of the primary season.

Reporters were offered the option of traveling with the campaign on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, June 4-6.

But the Clinton campaign – which regularly informs journalists of travel plans just hours beforehand – is offering no other details, including possible destinations.

Said Clinton spokesman Jay Carson. "There are a lot of places for us to go between June 4 and November."

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Good For The Gander

I can tell her where to go; the same place the other liars and cheaters should go. Straight down and no lemonade is served there, despite the heat.

May 29, 2008 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  2. b

I used to hope that she will drop out gracefully. But apparently she is unwilling. That's ok – her deeper and deeper humiliation is actually very entertaining to watch. She has nobody to blame but herself. That's how it works in America – there's not shame in losing, but if you lose and whine, you will receive nothing but ridicule.

May 29, 2008 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  3. Gene

This is actually making me wonder if all the Hillary followers... who refuse to see that mathematically she has no chance... will continue supporting after this is all said and done.

I see people suggesting that she run as an independent if she loses the primary. If she did this... then that would send a clear message to Americans that she could care less for the party... that she only cares for herself. And the sad thing is the crazy Hillary supporters would think this was a good thing. Dumb people out there.. no wonder Bush got voted in twice.

May 29, 2008 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  4. Rene in PA

Hahahaha!!

Hillary's campaign is clearly going somewhere downhill... and they're all in this strange handbasket... oh no!

May 29, 2008 07:29 pm at 7:29 pm |
  5. RB

Would someone just fly her to the moon....and don't forget Bill. They can both continue their campaign there (in their own little world).

May 29, 2008 07:30 pm at 7:30 pm |
  6. Tsst!

this is so sad...

just you watch, she'll claim injustice from all and everybody and will run as a 3rd party candidate... if anything to destroy Obama's chance in November

May 29, 2008 07:30 pm at 7:30 pm |
  7. Carl

I'm not sure if I should pity you or just hang my head down low and say, what a shame. You really are ruining your reputation and are now just beating a dead horse.

Give it up!!

May 29, 2008 07:30 pm at 7:30 pm |
  8. JD

Go Hillary!

Just remember, if we only count the people who voted for her, she is the unanimous nominee. That is overwhemling evidence that she would be the strongest candidate. Of all the people who voted for her, she won unanimously!

May 29, 2008 07:30 pm at 7:30 pm |
  9. Electricmen

Hillary should continue till some body actually WINS the nomination. Trying to knock her off by everyone trying to shut down all her supporter is not fair. NOBODY has the nomination yet, why did all the people asking he for so long to drop out, to make appear OBAMA won,even though he has not won yet.

And it is true, if people's true will is counted, both of them are close.

May 29, 2008 07:31 pm at 7:31 pm |
  10. K of C

Hillary is undoubtedly one of the "UN-DEAD". Time to call Buffy the Vampire Slayer to put a stake in Hill's heart ..... if she has one.

May 29, 2008 07:31 pm at 7:31 pm |
  11. Alan Boyer

Hillary Clinton is planning to run as an independent. Nothing will stand in her way to get her name on the general election ballot. Stay tuned. This is far from over.

May 29, 2008 07:31 pm at 7:31 pm |
  12. Melvin

Peter I respect your post but lets play by the rules we have now and unify our party. If it was Hillary I would vote for her!

OBAMA 08

May 29, 2008 07:31 pm at 7:31 pm |
  13. ron

She can't manage her campaign and wants to manage this country. Americans are smart, they will never choose a sick woman.

May 29, 2008 07:32 pm at 7:32 pm |
  14. Chris

Chuck.....I'll vote for a Clinton before I'll vote for another Carter.

Good ....stay home then or go to Mexico

May 29, 2008 07:32 pm at 7:32 pm |
  15. RB

PR better figure out quick who will be in position to help them in the future. Hint: it won't be Hillary!

May 29, 2008 07:32 pm at 7:32 pm |
  16. Vig

If Hillary is ahead in the popular vote – then that is the will of the people – to quote Pelosi. Caucaus states are much ado about nothing. Popular vote = nominee.

May 29, 2008 07:32 pm at 7:32 pm |
  17. Cora Portland, Oregon

SENILITY

May 29, 2008 07:33 pm at 7:33 pm |
  18. JC

NY is never the Clintons' home state. NY is a stepping stone for her presidency. She has told her friends she would not want to return to the Senate if she loses her bid for the White House.

May 29, 2008 07:33 pm at 7:33 pm |
  19. Bush was never elected

Maybe she'll break off from the Dem party and go independent, something she should have done months ago. Although without the democratic support, she would have been swept out to sea and forgotten because she wouldn't be riding Obama's coattails.

May 29, 2008 07:33 pm at 7:33 pm |
  20. Turnabout is Fair Play

Yeah, this is REAL close, I don't think so Ant-clinton machine, Obama's ahead by over 130 delegates and only needs a few to clinch the nomination, what kind of math are you using for the delegate count, Clinton's? Obama has a nice little June surprise for Clinton after June 3rd, I can't wait. 🙂

Obama/Sebelius '08!!

May 29, 2008 07:33 pm at 7:33 pm |
  21. Liz

I'd like to tell both Bill and Hillary where to go.....

It won't end, not until Hillary destroys the party or cheats, lies, steals whatever it takes to get the nomination. She's ENTITLED to it, because she's Hillary.

She is NOT ahead in the popular vote, I am so sick of the Clinton spin to make is *appear* that she's the one actually winning, when she isn't! She's lost! But her selfish, arrogant, ego won't let her be a graceful loser, no she's sore, spoiled loser who well if I can't have then no one will.

Hillary, the GREAT DIVIDER! I will never ever cast a vote for a Clinton, I'm hoping she won't be able to cheat & steal the nomination. I know she's trying, but hopefully someone will slam her down. Like I said, I've got a good place for her to go, but since the place is a considered a cuss word I won't say....

May 29, 2008 07:33 pm at 7:33 pm |
  22. kim portland, oregon

rupert murdock may have no integrity, but the man IS smart and he IS right--OBAMA IN A LANDSLIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 29, 2008 07:33 pm at 7:33 pm |
  23. Politically Speaking

She truly is aiming to sabotage Barack's presidential run.

May 29, 2008 07:34 pm at 7:34 pm |
  24. Eric "Canada"

Can some body tranquilize Hillary and Bill please....somebody...please...I can't take it any more...??!!!!

May 29, 2008 07:34 pm at 7:34 pm |
  25. 1926

I believe you all are scared to death of Hillary. What difference does it make what she does? It is none of your business. I've never heard such ugly language from you haters. What harm does it do if she continues to run her campaign. You must not have much confidence in your boy. Neither one are bothering me. I am going to vote for Senator McCain.

May 29, 2008 07:34 pm at 7:34 pm |