June 3rd, 2008

Clinton wins South Dakota primary, CNN projects

Despite SD victory, Clinton has failed to land the nomination.

Despite SD victory, Clinton has failed to land the nomination.

(CNN) - Sen. Hillary Clinton will win the South Dakota primary, according to CNN projections based on exit poll results and actual voting.

Despite Clinton's win in South Dakota, she falls short of the Democratic nomination for president. Her rival, Sen. Barack Obama, secured the nomination earlier in the evening.

1. Christopher Abate

too little, too late

June 3, 2008 09:25 pm at 9:25 pm |
  2. MD

Finaly Wolf said something I agree with. "Too little, too late."

June 3, 2008 09:26 pm at 9:26 pm |
  3. CONGRATULATIONS

CONGRATULATIONS SENATOR CLINTON, THIS IS AN HISTORIC DAY AND I APPRECIATE YOUR HARD CAMPAIGN

June 3, 2008 09:26 pm at 9:26 pm |
  4. John

YES WE CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes we can end this war! Yes we can stop partisan bickering YES WE CAN restore the dignity of every American in our eyes and the world.!!

June 3, 2008 09:26 pm at 9:26 pm |
  5. dem voting McCain

The democratic nominating process is a complete joke, Hillary would have this.

June 3, 2008 09:27 pm at 9:27 pm |
  6. jrterrier

nuts. obama isn't winning the nomination. it reminds me of the movie gladiator with Hillary being the 'gladiator' and obama the spoiled son of caesar. even after hillary was cut to pieces by the DEM leadership, she refused to be vanquished and the voters continue to support her.

June 3, 2008 09:27 pm at 9:27 pm |
  7. IntelliGent

She was irrelevant a long time ago.

June 3, 2008 09:28 pm at 9:28 pm |
  8. John

Hopefully Clinton will bow out gracefully

June 3, 2008 09:28 pm at 9:28 pm |
  9. Peter

I'm getting tired of the labeling of Obama as "extreme liberal" in comparison to Hillary Clinton.

Please name me *ONE* policy position where Hillary is to the right of Barack.

Here's one where Barack is to the right of Hillary: Health Care–specifically government mandates.

June 3, 2008 09:28 pm at 9:28 pm |
  10. Linned

Congratulations on your South Dakota win.

June 3, 2008 09:28 pm at 9:28 pm |
  11. Jay

WOW, You would someone who clinched the nomination would have won the remaining states? What wrong with this picture??

June 3, 2008 09:28 pm at 9:28 pm |
  12. mj - florida

Thank you for HRC! you have been an inspiration.

June 3, 2008 09:28 pm at 9:28 pm |
  13. Melanie, Lake Wales, FL

As an Obama supporter, I am thrilled for him.

However, I congratulate Mrs. Clinton for her hard work. As a young woman, I can say this much : she has inspired with her tenacity. She will NOT be the last woman to run for President, and I hope there will be many more women who get a chance.... She has shown many of us that women can do it, and really she wasn't that far from clinching the nomination, so there is hope 🙂

June 3, 2008 09:29 pm at 9:29 pm |
  14. Carrie Pa

Let Hillary have some fun tonight!

June 3, 2008 09:29 pm at 9:29 pm |
  15. Chris

If Obama picks Hillary as his VP I will vote McCain.

June 3, 2008 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  16. Tailor, FL

I am a VERY proud Hilary supporter!! Have been from day one..
    I feel strongly that Hilary would have made a better president!

But i am FURIOUS at fellow clinton supporters who say they will vote John McCain!!

They are dishonouring the one person they've been supporting!! They are Traitors..by all means, write Hilarys' name on the Ballot! but PLEASE dont contribute to another 4 years of HELL in America! I can hardly afford to feed my 3 young daughters thanks to the republican party..

CLINTON SUPPORTER FOR OBAMA!! (but you obama supporters have got to respect hilary supporters)

June 3, 2008 09:31 pm at 9:31 pm |
  17. gary

BIG DEAL. YOU ALREADY FIXED THIS RACE FOR OBAMA TO WIN. BIAS MEDIA,PRESS,DNC,AND THE HATERS OF O.B.'S CULT. SUPER DELIGATES DONT EVEN HAVE RESPECT ENOUGH FOR HRC TO ENDORSE AFTER THE PRIMARIES. THE OTHER TRAITORS GO OVER TO HIM FROM HER SIDE. WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND. JACK CAFFERTY WAS THE WORST BIAS PIG IN THE MEDIA.

June 3, 2008 09:31 pm at 9:31 pm |
  18. Eric

That's great...one for the road...

June 3, 2008 09:32 pm at 9:32 pm |
  19. Jay

mean mean mean Obama nuts!

June 3, 2008 09:32 pm at 9:32 pm |
  20. Stefan Moton

Its never too late she still holds alot of cards within the party and over 17 million votes, tonight is dedicated to Hillary and Barack for they have done us proud Democrats united and not divided. I love being an American Watch out McCain !!!!! 🙂

June 3, 2008 09:32 pm at 9:32 pm |
  21. BK

This is a sad, sad day for democrats! I truly don't know what people are thinking voting for Mr. Obama! Why has everyone turned a blind eye to what he is really all about? Why has he had a free ride all along? I cant wait to see how this plays out in November! I truly feel saddened for our political system and its shortcomings. If anything good comes out of this whole mess, maybe they will amend the way the primary/caucus system operates! God be with us all!!

June 3, 2008 09:32 pm at 9:32 pm |
  22. Scott

That about locks up the popular vote win for Hillary...

June 3, 2008 09:32 pm at 9:32 pm |
  23. susie

The superdelegates voted for the wrong person (Obama), they should have let the people vote for the nominee. McCain will win in November, thanks superdelegates for nothing!!!!!

June 3, 2008 09:33 pm at 9:33 pm |
  24. Mark

Congrats HIllary, please enjoy your night!!

We have alot of work to do, and we need you on the ground making sure the Democrats win in 08'

Obama/Clinton 08!!!

June 3, 2008 09:33 pm at 9:33 pm |
  25. Zane Thomas

I am a little confused... polls indicated Hillary was well ahead in SD... exit polls provided the same information... 11% of the returns had her well ahead yet CNN refused to call SD for Hillary until after the Obama news. That is BS. I am an Obama supporter but I have seen the Clinton frustration with the media for months.

June 3, 2008 09:33 pm at 9:33 pm |