June 4th, 2008

Kennedy joins Obama VP search team

Kennedy is joining Obama's VP search team.

Kennedy is joining Obama's VP search team.

(CNN) - Caroline Kennedy has joined Barack Obama's vice presidential selection team, an Obama campaign spokesman said Wednesday.

Former Fannie Mae CEO Jim Johnson and former Deputy U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder are also serving on the committee.

Kennedy, the daughter of President John F. Kennedy, formally endorsed Obama late January in a New York Times op-ed piece titled, "A President Like My Father."

"I have never had a president who inspired me the way people tell me that my father inspired them," Kennedy wrote then. "But for the first time, I believe I have found the man who could be that president - not just for me, but for a new generation of Americans."

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Thomas

I'm very glad to hear this is how he's handling this. Obama, is just plan smart and he is going to be a great President for the world to admire.

June 4, 2008 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  2. Obamaonceinalifetimeleader

Any body but Hillary.

June 4, 2008 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  3. ariel

Wonderful.I hope they'll take a very serious look at Chuck Hagel.

June 4, 2008 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  4. Tracy from NYC

Hey, I'm gonna see Caroline Kennedy next week. I'm going to tell her not to choose Hillary...No matter what.

June 4, 2008 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  5. Really Check

Pick a good candidate that will help bring change to the white house.

June 4, 2008 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  6. Jay

Wrong group again, Kennedys don't like Clinton and will make sure Clinton will not be VP. Democrates will go dow in November.

June 4, 2008 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  7. D.J.

Good luck,...yours is no easy task. May you be guided by love for our country and the Democratic party.

June 4, 2008 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  8. BARAKFORLIFE

YAY! Proof that he CANNOT be bullied. Res Ipsa Baby, Res Ipsa Loquitor!!

June 4, 2008 02:41 pm at 2:41 pm |
  9. Dee, St. Louis

Anybody but Hillary Clinton. Hell, take Bill first. LMAO

June 4, 2008 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  10. EBC

The BEST of the BEST already pulling together.... wow....

Nothing like having the BEST people on your side.

WELL DONE, Sen. Obama

Now let's START focusing on beating John McShame!

June 4, 2008 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  11. Philip M. Tucson Arizona

Thats right find any one but Billary, He could have a Toad as his VP and still win, all of you Hillary crybabies go home and watch Oprah take care of your five children and get over it, The Drama Queen has lost and Obama can do it with out you or her.

June 4, 2008 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  12. SL

Wow!!! This is exciting. I'm thrilled that Caroline Kennedy will be on the selection team. Great news!

June 4, 2008 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  13. Sujith

He would rather run and loose than have Hillary as him running mate.Hillary is everything Obama does not represents.It will probably be her only option since she wants to get inside the white house at any cost.
    Too much baggage, too much Clintons.We have had enough.

And all those who advocate the good ol 90s – GET OVER IT.That was a good time, but sadly no one can bring it back.No one.The price of oil is never going to be less than $2 – EVER.Even if Hillary is the president and Bill her VP, even then.

Do whats right for you and your family and please please please THINK before you take any action.It should be based on logic, not emotions – cos one year down the lane when the gas prices are so high that –
    you would rather get grocery than fill up the car or painfully realize you cant pay for gas to get to your your injured son/daughter who just came back from Iraq –
    you will realize how much you gained by listening to your "emotions".

Can you afford gas at 5-6/gallon? I know i cant.I know i don't want to, though i am not middle income.

Think THEN Act !

June 4, 2008 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  14. Bukky

Joe Bidden

June 4, 2008 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  15. ct voter

Will be very interesting to see who he chooses, I have faith in his judgement! He has handled the election so well and humble throughout the process, I believe he will make the right choice just as he has throughout the campaign season.

June 4, 2008 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  16. Beltway Insider

See the lady in the pantsuit? Yeah, her. Just keep moving...

June 4, 2008 02:44 pm at 2:44 pm |
  17. MI Women 4 Obama!

Great additions to the search team....now PLEASE...NO Hillary.

Give her something else to do but please do not offer her the VP position. It would be aweful!

June 4, 2008 02:44 pm at 2:44 pm |
  18. mama4obama

A true leader surrounds themselves with the best...and that is what makes the best team for change.

June 4, 2008 02:44 pm at 2:44 pm |
  19. Patrick

This VP Team for Obama is great. Paticulary, Caroline Kennedy, who is respected world-wide.

I do hope that Clinton is not selected. Obama does not need her. He can win the presidency with other well-qualified candidates. She and her team may want to send a signal that she is needed – but not so.

When will Hillary finally concede that she has lost the nomination and congratulate Obama?? Her ambition seems to blind her.

Thank you.

June 4, 2008 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  20. Tony

What a wonderful Move! I say Caroline Kennedy for Vice President! Obama/Kennedy 08!

No HILLARY!!!

June 4, 2008 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  21. Steve

Good for them! I hope they can find a good VP candidate who will bright back the demographics Barack Obama lost during the primaries.

June 4, 2008 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  22. DJ - Texas

Carter is the worst president? I personally don't remember that being the case... Even if my memory is clouded, the WORST president honor categorically goes to George W. Bush. Hands down!

June 4, 2008 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  23. AP

Obama is defining a brilliant new course for the United States. He should do so with other brilliant, future-thinking, trusted advisors. By definition, "trusted" excludes H. Clinton, B. Clinton, and all their "fight-to-the-death" advisors and lackies. H. Clinton cannot even see thru her fog of fury to concede with grace and respect.

Count me in as a Platinum Member of the ABH Club...anyone-but-her.

Absolutely, positively ABH, ABH, ABH, ABH!!!!

OBAMA 08
    OBAMA 12

June 4, 2008 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  24. Cathy

I will support Obama no matter who he picks for VP.

Democrat 110%

June 4, 2008 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  25. Susan

Pick Hillary and you two can go far!!!!

You two can beat McCain!!

Obama/Clinton