June 4th, 2008

Kennedy joins Obama VP search team

Kennedy is joining Obama's VP search team.

Kennedy is joining Obama's VP search team.

(CNN) - Caroline Kennedy has joined Barack Obama's vice presidential selection team, an Obama campaign spokesman said Wednesday.

Former Fannie Mae CEO Jim Johnson and former Deputy U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder are also serving on the committee.

Kennedy, the daughter of President John F. Kennedy, formally endorsed Obama late January in a New York Times op-ed piece titled, "A President Like My Father."

"I have never had a president who inspired me the way people tell me that my father inspired them," Kennedy wrote then. "But for the first time, I believe I have found the man who could be that president - not just for me, but for a new generation of Americans."

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Mary

We all know how good Carter's judgement is, that's why he was a one term ineffective president

June 4, 2008 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  2. Jimmy

I want to go on record as the first to suggest that the Right Reverend Jeremiah Wright be chosen as Obama's running mate. He indicated while speaking at the Press Conference that he was open to the VP job if obama asks. He was good enough to provide Obam spiritual leadership for 20 years, he should be good enough to serve with Obama as VP!!!

June 4, 2008 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  3. Becky

I agree Hillary lost her chance at VP by not even acknowledging in her speech last night that Obama won the Democratic nomination. Talk about rude!

June 4, 2008 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  4. BJGT

No HIllary for VP!
    She needs to accept that she did not win. I am tired of her delusional narcissism. What has she done that she gets to put her interests above those of her party or her country? What has she done to deserve that sort of consideration? Nothing.

June 4, 2008 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  5. Danny

Clinton!

June 4, 2008 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  6. Darin

"I do not belong to an organized political party. I am a Democrat."

~ Will Rogers

/popcorn

June 4, 2008 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  7. banda

choosing hilary as VP will be the bigest mistake of Obama political life. That women showed last night how selfish and arrogant she is along with her husband, think they care about democrat or america think again.

June 4, 2008 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  8. cree

clinton is not the only person that should be looked at.
    and oh yeah,Obama won the popular vote as well after last night.
    anyone notice how some clinton supporters are always so-angry.like they're foaming at the mouth?weird.
    they are just sore losers.get over it already.
    edwards' supporters,romney supporters,and others didn't act like this.

June 4, 2008 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  9. Catherine

Hillbillery just can't get it through her head that "it's over" – go on with your life, Hill, and let America get on with fresh, new life with Obama.

June 4, 2008 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  10. Jon

I can't see how Hillary can accept spot # 2. I think she's not saying anything so she doesn't sound like a spoiler. I don't believe for one minute that she has to put the party ahead of her own interest. After all, SHE wants to be President. Being a Democrat is just a coincidence.

June 4, 2008 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  11. Charnel in NC

Fantastic! Never Clintons, please!!
    We are flat sick and tired of them and their sense of "entitlement." This great country is for "We The People." Not owned by selfish power hungary folks. She is all about her and Bill's self interest.

June 4, 2008 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  12. Jimbo

It's time all of us unite and fight!!!! If we do Hillary will take back what is rightfully hers!!! Hillary can expose the sexism that is rampant within the DNC and by doing so destroy and castrate that wholly male instrument. We must not let the fact that Obama received as many popular votes as Hillary dissuade us!!! We must not let the fact that Obama received more pledge delegates interfere!!!! We must not let the fact the Obama received more super delegates silence our screams. WE ARE WOMEN, HEAR US ROAR!!!!

Hillary can still win as long as she continues to run her campaign the way her women supporters run their lives; with an absence of logic and decisions based purely on emotion.

HILLARY FOR PRES. IN '09

June 4, 2008 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  13. robb

Some of these bloggers need a lot of therapy.

June 4, 2008 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  14. Jean

TIME TO START THE SEARCH!!!!!!!

June 4, 2008 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  15. RONNIE

It won't matter much if it's not Hillary.

June 4, 2008 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  16. TONY ROGERS

Good Afternoon.

First I would like to say that you are the best. I would like to also mention something that has gone unmentioned in this campaign. This should have been brought up in South Carolina but because of a lack of knowledge between two cultures it was over looked. What was over looked was the notion that Bob Johnson is some how a respected figure among African-Americans. As though we get our queue from him on who to vote for or how we identify ourselves. It was not until I moved back to the DC area that I found many African-Americans despise Bob Johnson. I have since found out that many Blacks around the country feel the same way towards him. Most Blacks feel as though he exploited Blacks in a terrible way to become rich. Most importantly we may be over looking how his comments affected Hillary in South Carolina. As you remember him bobbing up in down immaturely as he insulted Obama onstage. I believe that he like Bill brought up the race issue to the detriment of Hillary. Bob is one of these people that do not believe in Black on Black racism (but it does exist). If you think Blacks dislike racism they also dislike Black people trying to hold their on brothers and sisters back (Crabs in the bucket mentality). So Bob felt as though he could say anything about a Black person to destroy him and his character. Hillary also made a mistake here by letting Bob have too much rope in getting on that stage. But to her credit she does not know Black people as well as she thinks she does or our culture. African-American people are smart and talented and ready to be looked at for our academic prowess more so than our physical abilities. Bob Johnson is truly a joke to most Black people. God bless him for his success but he hurt her dearly. But know one will say it.

Thanks

June 4, 2008 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  17. KiloWhiskey

Caroline Kennedy...now theres an expert (?)

But she fits into the "all fluff and no stuff" Obama campaign – the 15-second sound bite campaign.

June 4, 2008 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  18. Dick in Sioux Falls

May I ask what happened to my thoughtful, and kind comments that I just submitted?

June 4, 2008 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  19. Kay

He. the senator, must make the decision, too many cooks spoil the pot!

June 4, 2008 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  20. kenny cole

Without HILLARY CLINTON obama is going to win prsidential race anyway

June 4, 2008 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  21. HH

Give me a break Clinton supporters. She LOST plain and simple no one stole it no one changed the rules. SHE LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to any site libreal or conservative and they all have articles telling how and why she lost. She had no plan after Feb.5th. To tell you how dum her inner circle was Mark Penn thought California was winner take all and the delagates were not split.

The problem with the Clinton campaign is she had all YES people around her. A similiar campaign had the same theme and that was George Bush the only difference he won.

June 4, 2008 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  22. Lenore on Delmarva

Brilliant finesse!

June 4, 2008 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  23. Jewel - NC

Good choice.

Go Obama Go

June 4, 2008 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  24. Move on

To all you catty Hillary supporters that "will vote for McCain" if she's not on the ticket, I ask this:

You would rather put our country through 4 more years of GWB aka Grandpa McCain, rather than vote for your party and for change?

That's disgusting.