June 5th, 2008

Obama, McCain talk

(CNN) - One night after Barack Obama officially clinched the Democratic presidential nomination, the Illinois senator had a short conversation with his rival for the presidency, John McCain.

According to Obama Senior Adviser Linda Douglass, the conversation was cordial, and both said they looked forward to a 'civil discussion.'

1. YES WE CAN! YES WE WILL

Did anyone notice the difference between McCain a babbling idiot and Obama the other night? I can't wait to see the two of them together debating Obama is NOT going to play around with McCain the way he did with Hillary who he really could not go toe to toe with without coming out looking bad for doing so, but McCain had better man up and had better learn to walk and talk at the same time and he need not come with those same old Republican wise cracks to hide behind. Come man to man McCain.

Women supporters were the main ones saying Obama was weak when it came to debating and dealing with Hillary, well she got away with a lot because Obama a strong intelligent black man could not freely handle her without people seeing him as threating to a short white woman so Hillary got away with much making her seem like she was handling Obama and in some ways she did, but only because he had to allow her more room. People we still live in a time where a woman, especially a white woman has to be handle with cloth gloves.

June 5, 2008 11:20 am at 11:20 am |
  2. Women for Obama 08!!!

Someone should give McCain a red bull. He really needs an extra something. Obama is going to run circles around McCain this election season. McCain had it easy during his primary but the general election will not be a walk in the park.

By the way Hillary was not forced out by sexism. Hillary lost because she underestimated Obama from the beginning, lets hope McCain makes the same mistake.

June 5, 2008 11:20 am at 11:20 am |
  3. Charlotte

Lets have a group hug! Obamas answer to foreign policy?

June 5, 2008 11:21 am at 11:21 am |
  4. chuckd

Way to go Charlotte. Good job. You do the write-in thing. But I do not understand way a GOP supporter would write in Hillary Clinton.
    By the way, Do you have a job? You spent a lot of time on the blogs.
    Get a hobby or something. Find a productive way to spend your time.

Chuckd

June 5, 2008 11:21 am at 11:21 am |
  5. eddie

Both candidates playing clean doesn't mean their surrogates will... The smear will go on. Now the question is: Will Obama fight back or Kerryrise himself.

June 5, 2008 11:23 am at 11:23 am |
  6. Chi4Obama

After battling it out with Hillary for several months, McShame will be a cakewalk...

I think Barack's biggest problem will be not trying to appear to vengeful, while he is verbally abusing McShame to a bloody pulp.

Obama/Clinton '08. 🙂

June 5, 2008 11:26 am at 11:26 am |
  7. Truth

My vote goes to McCain come November.
    I supported Hillary, the first MOST qualified presidential candidate.

Hillary is such a honorable person. She was treated with disrespect. I am sorry I can not stand this.

Now, my vote goes to McCain, and so my family and friends.

June 5, 2008 11:26 am at 11:26 am |
  8. boered1

As far as the 2nd amendment goes: We don't pick and choose what parts of the Constitution we like.
    _____________________________________________________

Actually you moronic clintonista WE DO! you see the founding fathers gave us a way to "pick and choose" the parts of the Constitution we like, it is called amendments (you know like the 2nd one and oh yeah the 1st one!)

It is a way to keep the document alive and adjusting with the times and the realities of the world (I KNOW Reality is something clintonistas cannot face), unlike you the founding fathers thought about what they were doing and knew that they would not get it completly right for all times..see intelligent people recognize things might cahge and that what is right today may not be right tomorrow we call it THINKING try it sometime you moronic clintonista!

As for those who cry about how the obama supporters are not reaching out ot the clintonistas with open arms and gifts and begging them to come into the fold why should they? you lost you are NOT that important and, if oyu look at the numbers you are <10% of the US go away obama can bring in more voters than you, he did it in the primaries and can do it in the general no worries here

June 5, 2008 11:29 am at 11:29 am |
  9. Andy J, NY

I'm going to love it when the liberals fall flat on their faces, but its going to suck at the same time because the liberals are going to crap on our country and our people. They are more concerned with polar bears and other countries opinions of us that they will magnify the current problems of today.

Since when do people believe that liberals are going to solve our economic problems? Redistribution of wealth is not a problem solver, its a war starter. I'm prepared to do what it takes to keep this country from becoming a socialist, communist, politically correct state. I've had enough.

June 5, 2008 11:30 am at 11:30 am |
  10. TonyNJHC

Throwing insults at a war hero, the guy in the sky who dropped the sticks and saves the lives of so many G.I.'s on the ground? You folks don't have any respect for anything but yourselves. You will be fighting on two fronts, and like two dictators in the not so recent past, you will lose in the Fall. Those Russian winters. You lost the election folks and from what I am reading all over the internet, Dems are flocking to the "Sky Pilot" in droves now since you threw insults at a fine lady too! Remember, you lose, so why bother to waste energy which your candidate wishes to conserve, so he states. You lose. Your Party is lost. The Reps are getting tens of thousands of crossovers. Yes, these were once loyal Democrats. You lose. You are losing right now, at this very moment tens of thousands are leaving your flock. You lost. Throw in the towel and save the fuel for the winter. Your lose, got that. You lose.

June 5, 2008 11:33 am at 11:33 am |
  11. boered1

HILLARY WAS FORCED OUT BY SEXISM!!! June 5th, 2008 10:42 am ET

JOHN McCAIN HAD KIND WORDS FOR HILLARY.

I KNOW THAT THEY HAVE BEEN FRIENDS FOR A LONG TIME.
    OBAMA NEVER HAS HAD ANYTHING NICE TO SAY ABOUT HILLARY,
    ONLY TO LAUGH AT HER AND MAKE FUN.

HE IS AN EVIL MAN WITH LITTLE CHARACTER.

HILLARY WILL ALWAYS HAVE MY SUPPORT!!!!
    ____________________________________________________

i guess you have not ever listened to ANY of his speechs and I guess I must return to form since I tried ot be nice but cannot take the lies and ccries of the clintonistas any longer

moronic clintonistas shut up

June 5, 2008 11:34 am at 11:34 am |
  12. JONNA

Obama for President!!!!
    They'll do what they've always done, attempt to befriend you and steal all your goods. Unfortunately we still have haters amongs us who hate simply based on the color of ones skin. You can't teach an old dog new TRICKS. I wish all of you non-believers could be sent to another planet. We will put McSame to McShame.

June 5, 2008 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  13. totally neutral

After reading all 65 of these comments, the only conclusion I can reach is that our educational system is a dismal failure.

June 5, 2008 11:37 am at 11:37 am |
  14. Jason

"We have up on this stage an african-american, a woman, and... John"

Oh I can't wait for the media to swoon over Obama when he belittles the next 'John' in the upcoming debates.

June 5, 2008 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  15. Diane

I am pleased to see Barack Obama succeed in gaining the nomination and making history. It is starting to matter less about race or religion or background finally. However, as a moderate conservative, I would like to hear more about his economic and foreign policy ideas. I am not anxious to pay more capital gains taxes or payroll taxes, but if we can spend less on Iraq and start to get some universal safety net health insurance and stay out of inflation, it might be worth it. Thus far he seems too far to the left for me, but time will tell between him and McCain (who I believe is just to the right of the aisle and less "right-wing" than most give him credit for.) Let the "civil discussion" begin!

June 5, 2008 11:40 am at 11:40 am |
  16. New Day

I agree with "Didine – Maryland." For the first time, I am not going to vomit day-glo if my candidate doesn't win. There are strong policy differences between McCain and I but, I know he wants whats best for the country; unlike the "clown prince of politics" we have now.

For all those that voted for W: Thats a bad, bad voter!!! Why don't you sit this one out?

June 5, 2008 11:42 am at 11:42 am |
  17. Lenny

Obama: What's up, McShame. I mean McSane.

McCain: What's up boy? Imma gonna whip ya azzzzzzup.

Obama: Not in 71 years old man. Did you vote for Social Security checks to come on time this month?

McCain: You newbies always trip on stuff like that. I'm gonna gettum until S.S. funds run out. Let's get to some of those townhouses. I mean town halls.

Obama: Any place. Any Time.

McCain: Meet me in Alabama Boy...

Obama: Wait a minute. You know I don't know my way down there.

McCain: Good. I will send you directions. From Chicago, take I-55 to Memphis. In Memphis, take 78 to Birmingham. I can have my judges to meet you there. You know the judges in Alabama wear white robes vs. black robes.

Obama: Sounds kinda fishy. Never saw a judge in a white robe. Can't we just meet in Mississippi?

McCain: They wear white robes there too. It will be OK. We will have a Hawaiian Lou Isle/Holy Celebration. You'll love it. You might even get a little burn on ya.

Obama: You sure it's OK? Never heard of a Hawaiian Lou Isle in Mississippi. How about Arkansas?

McCain: Well the judges just changed robe colors there too. That's the new headquarters. But come on boy. They don't hang folk anymore if that is what you're thinking. Heck you almost one of us. They would just probably beat one side of your body. Which side of ya is black and which is white?

June 5, 2008 11:42 am at 11:42 am |
  18. Joiner in Texas

Does anyone who writes on this, really read what they wrote. Some of these are just plain ignorant comments.

When the elections come, everyone can vote for who they believe will be the better president to fix this country. If some idiot votes for someone just because he / she is mad because the woman or man (lets not play the race / gender card) did not win, then that is stupid. Everyone should vote for the person they want to be president *even if you have to write in the name. If you want to vote for the person that you don't believe in, just to make a point you have the right, but isn't that the what terrorists think. I am sure that these extremest believe they have the right to do the unthinkable. Voting for someone to punish others is just about the same on a smaller scale.

If I must choose between doing what is right or wrong, I choose the right.

June 5, 2008 11:45 am at 11:45 am |
  19. MLG

People must like paying more in taxes. McCain you have my vote all the way.

June 5, 2008 11:46 am at 11:46 am |
  20. Kenneth M

Lets have no more talk of Hillary. She has dishonored herself, her party, and her supporters by not conceding and falling into the ranks as did Edwards Et Al. She used the kitchen sink, reckless statements, and pouting to no avail. Now she wants to demand the VP position. From now on lets speak only of the issues:
    · End the War
    · Universal Healthcare
    · Turn the Economy Around
    · Fight the Greenhouse Effect
    Vote Obama

June 5, 2008 11:47 am at 11:47 am |
  21. young, gifted and black

Obama don't fall for McCain's gimmicks... the GOP has no idea how to run a civil campaign...

DEMOCRATS UNITED FOR OBAMA 08

June 5, 2008 11:49 am at 11:49 am |
  22. The Oracle

I as an Obama supporter, and African American am proud of Obama, and especially this Country. I won't say the next 8 yrs will be the best, but I'll say they'll be noticeably better than the last 8. Obama supporters, stop bashing Clinton. Let them bash Obama if they so choose. They're hurt, and understandably so. Now is the time to unify. Even Hillary's own congressional delegation had to pull the plug. But now that she will endorse and campaign for Obama, the vast majority of her supporters will fall in line.

June 5, 2008 11:49 am at 11:49 am |
  23. RYAN

McCain and Bush 're dummies..they can't even read what is written for they without mispoke.one idiot in power another idiot trying to succeed him, bunch of idiots trying to vote him in...shame America...Obama should not talk to this old delusional lunatic......

June 5, 2008 11:51 am at 11:51 am |
  24. Chi4Obama

Why will some democrats switch parties and vote Republican because Hillary was "Treated badly", or a victim of "Sexism".
    As if Barack had anything to do with that...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it Bill Clinton that said "Politics is a contact sport..." And "if you can't stand the heat.." Oh, I guess that only applied to Barack.

Please, let us put this foolishness behind us and unite as a party.

John McShame has nothing to offer this country.

June 5, 2008 11:51 am at 11:51 am |
  25. kopl

if obama choose hillary for v.p. than his whole "change " message is one big lie

June 5, 2008 11:55 am at 11:55 am |