June 5th, 2008

Oprah 'doing the happy dance' over Obama win

Oprah hit the trail for Obama during the primary season.

Oprah hit the trail for Obama during the primary season.

(CNN) - Oprah Winfrey is ecstatic over Barack Obama’s apparent victory in this year’s Democratic presidential race.

"I'm euphoric, I've been doing the happy dance all day,” she said in a statement released Wednesday I'm so proud of Barack and Michelle and what this means for all of us, the new possibilities for our country.”

The talk show host, who campaigned for Obama in several key early primary states, added: “And if he wants me to, I'm ready to go door to door."

1. WOMAN THAT BELIEVES HILLARY IS A PARTY SPOILER!

Opry you ain't the only one so have I girl I wanted to shoot off firecrackers in celebration, but I didn't think of it in time to get any, but baby come November you had better believe it's going to be like the fourth of July around here!

I'm going to Washington to see Obama sworn in I'll be the one doing a southern church shout in the street!

Thank you Jeeeesus!

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYBODY THAT MADE THIS DAY HAPPEN I KNOW FOR SOME IT TOOK GETTING OVER A LOT OF FEARS AND HATRED, BUT YOU DID IT, WE DID IT TOGETHER AND WE WILL GO ALL THE WAY TOGETHER AS ONE UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 4, 2008 08:20 pm at 8:20 pm |
  2. YES WE CAN

We are all dancing. You go girl. The Country – economy, jobs, housing, bringing our troops home. McClain will not win.

A 60 yr old Republican w/female voting for Barack Obama and proud of it and proud of him.

June 4, 2008 08:20 pm at 8:20 pm |
  3. dan

No, really?!? Oprah is happy Obama will be the Democratic nominee!??!! You don't say?!?!

June 4, 2008 08:21 pm at 8:21 pm |
  4. Tjaye in LA

Oprah, I've been boogeying myself. Can't help it! I wish Hillary had stayed above the fray and handled herself better. Then they would be the best ticket ever. Then I'd REALLY be bustin' a move!!

June 4, 2008 08:21 pm at 8:21 pm |
  5. Phil in Texas

Much love to Oprah....Can't wait to say it loud "Hello Mr. President Obama and first lady Michelle!!!

June 4, 2008 08:21 pm at 8:21 pm |
  6. NEVEROBAMA

Oprah can go to hell.

i will never watch her again!! Yes Obama needed her money to get recongnized.

CNN POST THIS

June 4, 2008 08:21 pm at 8:21 pm |
  7. L. Tran, TX

Hillary got pushed out in a hurry. The campaign started 5, 6 months ago. One week is not a long time to ask.

Next, Obama will choose another vice president and then lose the general election.

June 4, 2008 08:21 pm at 8:21 pm |
  8. LA

America is doing the happy dance!

June 4, 2008 08:21 pm at 8:21 pm |
  9. 1926

Paul, who cares. We was robbed.

June 4, 2008 08:21 pm at 8:21 pm |
  10. S. Holt

Yes, Paul you want her on the ticket. But will Bill disclose his finances and give us truthful stats on his library contributions and their 109 million dollar income for 2007? I don't think, they think it is really worth that sacrafice. Bill is just too much baggage to carry back in the White House.

June 4, 2008 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  11. Ann-Illinois

He is my Senator and all I remember of the last 3 years is running for office and his Book. He was never talked about in local news on serious issues. Ask yourself this would any Fortune 500 company hire him to run there company based on his resume

June 4, 2008 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  12. karapet

dance all u want . he is going to loose in g.e anyway

June 4, 2008 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  13. Jenn

if Obama supporters would stop bashing us and our canidate it would be much easier to unify

June 4, 2008 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  14. Sue

To Obama supporter:
    Obama will be defeated by McCain by landslide in Nov.

To Hillary supporter:
    Vote for McCain!

I am Hillary Supportor, say NO to Obama.

June 4, 2008 08:23 pm at 8:23 pm |
  15. Donna

I urge Hillary to get off of the Democratic ticket and run as an Independent. She has 18million of us in the side pocket. The DNC screwed up this race months of ago. If the rules would have been followed, she beat out Obama a long time ago in the popular vote and he should have pulled out. If Hillary does not go Independent, I will go Green!

June 4, 2008 08:23 pm at 8:23 pm |
  16. George

Oprah can be helpful.it is natural to be happy when your candidate wins. nothig exciting here. now Hillary shoulld be given Howard Dean's position. she is our leader. we all are democrats and we sholld allow Mcccain to divide our party. Republicans play dirty trics. lets unite now.

June 4, 2008 08:23 pm at 8:23 pm |
  17. MB

WOW, another reason not to vote for him (as if we didn't have enough reasons already).

On a sidenote, Kudos to the Pope and the Prime Minister of Italy for refusing to meet with Ahmadinejad today in Rome. Apparently you have more common sense than the rambling buffoon we have running for POTUS here in the United States.

June 4, 2008 08:23 pm at 8:23 pm |
  18. Terry

Oprah is one of the richest people in the world, and she got what she wanted all along. Now, please sit down. We don't want to see you dance, really.

June 4, 2008 08:24 pm at 8:24 pm |
  19. dwayne landry

Obama and his supporters, especially his supporters have been sexist, rude and nasty to hillary and her supporters.

there is nothing he can do or say to convince me to vote for him.

I will proudly write in hillarys name come november and pray for an obama loss.

i have spent 36 years as a democrat. i am now registered as an independent. the democratic party is no longer a party i wish to belong to.

June 4, 2008 08:24 pm at 8:24 pm |
  20. wood burns

Send her door to door in Florida. That ought to do it.

And B-NYC Obama doesn't need Hillary. He didn't need her to win the nomination and won't need her to win in November. Hillary's experience @ slinging slurs and coming in 2nd do nothing to help him. John McCain is using Hillary's words in ads against Obama. How does that make you feel?

June 4, 2008 08:25 pm at 8:25 pm |
  21. pa mom

If you ever saw Hilary in person you would realize how ridiculous your fat comment is. She is a tiny little thing.

Obama's baggage and radical friends has ruined his chances in my state. Hang out in the local bars and American Legions for awhile.....you will hear hardly anyone who is supporting him.

June 4, 2008 08:25 pm at 8:25 pm |
  22. former HRC supporter now backing BHO

well her base is white blue collar workers, who already dont have a lot of money so a vote for McBush is just putting a nail in there own coffin......My household income is over 250,000 a year so Ill be alright for a thrid Bush term

June 4, 2008 08:25 pm at 8:25 pm |
  23. Bill, Covington

I never have been and never will be a fan of Oprah and untill now was not aware that she belonger to the same terrorist, hate America group as does the obama, Rev Wright, Father Pflager, Bill Ayers, that Dorn woman, Rezko, and the many other backers of the obama.
    Wake Up America, this bunch will destroy the country.

June 4, 2008 08:26 pm at 8:26 pm |
  24. barry

this is becoming a black thing. and white middle america will see it as such very soon.... they will run to senator mccain.
    be careful Senator Obama supporters.....you are so close but still so far away

June 4, 2008 08:26 pm at 8:26 pm |
  25. Sarah M

1. Why is that no one is outraged at the fact that Delegate and Electorial votes can decide against what "we the people" have voted that we want? Why are we not moving to remove this ridiculous garbage? This process is not indicative of a democracy at all in my opinion. No wonder the world looks at Americans like they are idiots.

2. Why is it that everyone is ignoring the fact that Obama is at least half white? If the Obamanation is successful..... we had best prepare for the martyrdom and rioting to come if and when some idiot attempts his life. I for one am not impressed that he left his church of twenty years in which he sat and condoned controversial and racist sermons.

June 4, 2008 08:26 pm at 8:26 pm |