June 5th, 2008

Oprah 'doing the happy dance' over Obama win

Oprah hit the trail for Obama during the primary season.

Oprah hit the trail for Obama during the primary season.

(CNN) - Oprah Winfrey is ecstatic over Barack Obama’s apparent victory in this year’s Democratic presidential race.

"I'm euphoric, I've been doing the happy dance all day,” she said in a statement released Wednesday I'm so proud of Barack and Michelle and what this means for all of us, the new possibilities for our country.”

The talk show host, who campaigned for Obama in several key early primary states, added: “And if he wants me to, I'm ready to go door to door."

1. No2Obamanowand4ever

Becareful how we vote in November?

I might have voted for Obama but after reading all the we hate Hillary blogs from Obama fans and the nasty names they call people for not supporting him, there is NO WAY IN H ELL I WOULD ever vote for him.

2. Terry, NJ

I'm writing in Hillary or voting for McCain. Don't come begging for Hillary supporter's votes now. Too late. You've bad mouthed her, mocked her, called her every name possible. HALF of the voters in the Democratic primary voted for her. 18 million! You don't need those votes, remember? You want to live in your delusional world that all that mattered in the primaries was your vote for Obama. Now comes the REAL contest. The Presidential Election. Where you have all the people you called stupid, uneducated, racists, old, cry baby women, etc getting to vote for WHOEVER they want. You didn't need those voters you so confidentally said when you trashed Hillary AND her supporters. Don't expect them now. You say consider the issues and not just the candidate? All you talked of was considering the the candidate during the primary and not the issues. Now it's our turn to vote for who we want once again. The issues and the candidate. Experience over rhetoric once again. Like I said, I'm writing in Hillary or voting for McCain. This is a presidential election about voting for the best person to be President. Not a popularity contest. Obama isn't qualified. And that will show come November. The only way I'll vote for Obama if it's a Obama/Clinton ticket. ONLY WAY. If not I hope he loses and you can all pat yourselves on the back for picking your so called called savior who in reality turned out to be nothing but a bunch of talk and too far left for the whole country to vote for. Congratulations on picking the winning loser come November.

3. Lynn

That is why I quit watching Oprah

4. Charlotte

I glad she is so happy, I am not. I have not watched Oprah since she came out for Obama. If Hillary and Obama are so a like in their platforms why did she back him? Because he is black and she is black, if he were a white man she would have been behind Hillary. Who says the race card was not played by Oprah and Obama at the very beginning of this race. Enjoy it while you can. I will write Hillary on my ballot in November. I pray Colin Powell will be McCains running mate, then what will all the black people do? I could vote for Colin Powell but not Obama. Obama is not qualified to be President. The Republicans are primed and ready for this racist pig. Obalegerwright. will not win in November.

5. Bayousara

Obama is not a "clear winner." He is probably (but hasn't been yet) going to be the Dem's presidential nominee.

He would have been a clear winner if he had won the delegates on his own.

Instead, he had to rely on "super delegates," an odd group appointed by the DNC because of some superior traits they are supposed to possess that regular voters don't have.

Kind of like when Bush was appointed the presidency by the Supreme Court in 2000.

'Bam, you have a long way to go. All you kiddies who are so into Obama get off the blogs and go out there and work for him!

6. D Montoya, El Paso, TX

I celebrated with a bottle of champagne last night... I'm with you Oprah (from an unemployed vet, with no medical coverage, a gi bill that barely covers his expenses, who happens to be hispanic) Rock on!

7. California Voter

Voters do need to think with their heads not their hearts. They need to consider if they can support someone who has not been honest with his knowledge about his preacher, who spent 20 years at a racist church - while Oprah left after two years - . For me it was never about Rev. Wright it was and is about Obama belonging to a church that does not represent my core values. The media has made him their darling, but not mine..

8. Vote Dem in November

B – NYC -"They have been rude and disrespectful to Senator Clinton therefore, rude to her supporters"

That could be said of both sides, however I wonder how much of it was fueled by Republicans and their desire to drive a wedge between the Democrats.

It's time for Democrats to stop with infighting and to fight for what the Democrats believe in, for what Hillary has fought for and what Obama will fight for.

It's time for us to realize that as a party we need to stand together to even begin to undo the past eight years of destruction our current administration has inflicted on the American people and America

9. annie

Just remember – most of ophie's book club authors end up being big losers.

10. J. Ryan

What does a presidential candidate and a diet plan have in common?

I'm not sure but big fat Oprah can't seem to pick either one.

11. Informed voter from florida

Dance you way into bankrupsy oprah. You're losing viewers as we speak.

12. Sarah from OH

There's a major typo in this paragraph! "...Wednesday I'm..." should be "...Wednesday. "I'm..."

13. Silky Peach777

YOU ARE SO RIGHT PAUL FROM SEATTLE!!!

June 4, 2008 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  14. lookatyourgrandma

forget it, Hillary supporters ...stay home or let's put McCain to the white house. he is an honorable man, a hero and not someone we still have to uncover.... Obama?

Ophrah dance!,,,,and I know why!!! 18 million voters for Hillary!, Let us show our might, let us elect Hillary!, handwrite her name on the ballot? how about that?

HILLARY ALL THE WAY!!!!

June 4, 2008 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  15. kim portland, oregon

me too, oprah, me too!!!!

let's please all put aside our anger and differences and fight like he!! to bring american into the future, to become a respected global leader again.

no more republican neocons!!!

no more republican neocons!!!

no more republican neocons!!!

no more republican neocons!!!

no more republican neocons!!!

June 4, 2008 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  16. kingsley

Oprah im not your biggest fan but as an Obama supporter, i realy apreciate the outlet you gave this man during the time of need.

its only half time ans as we get ready for the second half of the championship, you are now desperately needed again. keep dancing in the end zone.

June 4, 2008 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  17. Former Republican

Brett from Austin, TX wrote
    ( June 4th, 2008 8:15 pm ET
    She needs to dance MUCH MORE…she got fat again. )
    wow Man sounds like you are a very bitter sore loser.

June 4, 2008 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  18. Mom of 3 in the OC

Hillary Supporters,
    Yes she ran a great campaign, but if you can honestly say that because she didn't win, you will either stay home, vote for McCain or write in her name….then you deserve what you ask for. I hope you're ready for your sons and daughters to fight in more endless, meaningless wars. I hope you're ready to lose more jobs, lose your homes, walk everywhere since you won't be able to afford gas. I hope you're ready for a Bush chronie to choose (possibly 3) people for the US Supreme Court. Perhaps they'll overturn Roe v. Wade…oh I'm sure you'll love that !

Woman to Woman….Come on ! I urge you, when you go into that voting booth in November, you should be voting for the person who most represents your Democratic values. No candidate will ever be exactly what you want, but you have to choose the person who best reflects the changes you want to see in our country. So put your emotions aside and use your intellect. I know you're smarter than that !

June 4, 2008 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  19. interesting

I guess Oprah is not worried about her empire in existence after 2008. LOL!

To all Obama Supporters – be celebratory, but GRACIOUS. As I said before, Republicans aimed to knock out their biggest threat, Clinton, to get Obama so McCain will knock him out.

If you think you can do it without her supporters, he and you do not DESERVE to be President and he won't be.

Have fun.

June 4, 2008 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  20. scott

good for Oprah let's not forget she went to the same centrist nationalist church
    not sold on Obama
    will not be voting

June 4, 2008 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  21. TexasLady

It's true – if you have rich friends, you can accomplish anything.

June 4, 2008 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  22. Terry, NJ

Is this the fat lading singing part???

June 4, 2008 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  23. Missy, South Carolina

Hillary blew her chances for VP by being stupid. She should have talked with Dr. Phil.

June 4, 2008 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  24. lynn

To Hillary supporters.
    If you respect Hillary, let vote for Obama as they both are Democrats, so are you. Unless, otherwise

June 4, 2008 08:28 pm at 8:28 pm |
  25. annie

If Hillary doesn't run Independent – Then it is McCAIN ALL THE WAY. SPIN ON THAT CNN AND THE DNC

June 4, 2008 08:28 pm at 8:28 pm |