June 5th, 2008

Oprah 'doing the happy dance' over Obama win

Oprah hit the trail for Obama during the primary season.

Oprah hit the trail for Obama during the primary season.

(CNN) - Oprah Winfrey is ecstatic over Barack Obama’s apparent victory in this year’s Democratic presidential race.

"I'm euphoric, I've been doing the happy dance all day,” she said in a statement released Wednesday I'm so proud of Barack and Michelle and what this means for all of us, the new possibilities for our country.”

The talk show host, who campaigned for Obama in several key early primary states, added: “And if he wants me to, I'm ready to go door to door."

1. John From Dallas

In response to B from NYC, If Hillary wants to run as V.P. she most certainly needs Obama's support, and as far as Obama's campaign being rude to her, the negative ad campaigns were fairly even among both Clinton and Obama campaigns. You sound like a Clinton supporter who is bitter about losing and unfortunately it seems you are letting your bitterness get in the way of the logical choice of getting behind the winning candidate who best represents your beliefs.

June 4, 2008 08:28 pm at 8:28 pm |
  2. Ramone C. Aiken

its geat but what is not great is after a nomination that Mike Huckabee had not chance of winning he kept fighting but after it was said that he could not win he start to fight for McCain and most importantly he ENDED his campaign. Not Sen. Clintonshe will only suspend hers. I WILL NOT VOT FOR ANYONE IF SHE IS ONE THE TICKET. This shows her true colors.

June 4, 2008 08:28 pm at 8:28 pm |
  3. No McSame

This is a great day and Friday will be even better. McSame we are coming for you old boy. The Obama08 bus is rollin baby.
    Those that vote McSame are fools that support the war in Iraq. Blood is on there hands and the tears of thousands of children flows because of them. McSame means women going back to no rights. So If you are pro life you know what to do but if you want to keep your rights to do what you want with your body vote Obama.
    Clinton will vote Obama, all three of them because they are not fools.
    Obama08

June 4, 2008 08:29 pm at 8:29 pm |
  4. Brnmar, Melbourne fFL

I am happy for Sen Obama too Oprah. You can knock on my door anytime.

June 4, 2008 08:29 pm at 8:29 pm |
  5. Bushwhacked in Eugene, OR

Well put, Paul. I couldn't agree more.

And to you angry Hillary supporters crying about Obama supporters being mean to your candidate - I recall more than a few nasty comments from your side about Obama and they haven't stopped yet. You can't have it both ways.

June 4, 2008 08:29 pm at 8:29 pm |
  6. KNOCK-KNOCK

Knock, Knock?
    Who's there?
    Oprah
    O- Who?
    Oprah for OBAMA!
    United we'll win, divided we'll fail!

June 4, 2008 08:29 pm at 8:29 pm |
  7. vic nashville,Tn

Is she know her show rate is going down ?

June 4, 2008 08:29 pm at 8:29 pm |
  8. Veterans for Hillary

I will never vote for Obama and therefore wont vote in November.

June 4, 2008 08:30 pm at 8:30 pm |
  9. Deborah

Who cares what Oprah thinks. Who annointed her the ultimate source of all power? I'm really tired of the blatant race bias. She needs to be more gracious. She is also a woman and we haven't had one of those in the White House either.

June 4, 2008 08:30 pm at 8:30 pm |
  10. Didine in Maryland

Go Oprah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was dancing all night long too, after President Obama graceful speech. We are all proud of him because he can bring the change that this country really need. I hope by friday, Hillary will also finally endorse officially Barack Obama ,so we can start healing our country who is so divided.

June 4, 2008 08:30 pm at 8:30 pm |
  11. Democrats Love to Loose

Last night was your only happy night.
    The party is over. This is another Republican year.

Sold out by Oprah and the DNC.
    Obama people, you had your run, need to get with reality.
    Hope is over. Reality is in. This is the general election, and people will vote for McCain for many reasons, and Hillary knows it.

Bloggers, if you paid any attention, Hillary looked well last night, Barack looked weary. Not happy at all. Making History. Telling.

June 4, 2008 08:31 pm at 8:31 pm |
  12. Make Love, Not War

It puzzles me that some bloggers here who claim to be supporters of Mrs. Clinton state they will not vote for Mr. Obama in November, and instead will vote for Mr. McCain.

That's great. Fine. It's your choice.

But can you take your divisive negative energy elsewhere? I mean, if you have nothing positive or objective to contribute, why say anything at all?
    Enough with the hate. We don't need it.

OBAMA 2008/2012

June 4, 2008 08:31 pm at 8:31 pm |
  13. wendy

No one can blame Clinton nor Clinton supporters if Obama loses the GE.. Hillary supporters will vote for the person they believe in.....if its not Obama, then so be it... He will have to stand up on his own against McCain and prove himself first and show who he really is!!!!

June 4, 2008 08:31 pm at 8:31 pm |
  14. RyanD

A bit of reality for all the Hillary supporters for one moment:

Obama leads in pledged and cast votes, per RealClearPolitics.

4 delegates from MI aren't going to do it, he's winning by over 140. 30,000 popular votes by way of "fuzzy math" aren't going to do it.

You're letting Hillary whip you into a frenzy that was a mathematical impossibility weeks ago.

Neither candidate 'wins' without Supers, and the DNC is not going to "disenfranchise", as you say, Obama's 18 million voters to appease YOU by overturning the lead in Supers, pledged and popular votes.

One must win, one must lose.

I understand a close race in something you care deeply about is tough to concede, but we're all on the same side here. I really don't understand all the hatred. The reproductive rights of your daughters and granddaughters are at stake...the lives of 100,000's of military people. Be rational.

June 4, 2008 08:31 pm at 8:31 pm |
  15. fred the good one

UPDATE: GE barometer

millionssssssss voting for Mr. Obama

angry and full of hatred voting for mc c: eight

June 4, 2008 08:31 pm at 8:31 pm |
  16. DJ FXP

FIRST I START BY THANKING OPRAH FOR WORK I MAY NOT AGREE WITH OPRAH BEING A HIP HOP ARTIST BUT I WAS LIKE HER IN FEELING OVER WHELMED WITH WATCHING HISTORY AND THE HAPPINESS OF OUR CANIDATE WINNING AND THE BATTLE IS JUST BEGINNING GO OBAMA 08

June 4, 2008 08:31 pm at 8:31 pm |
  17. dennie

I am frankly not understanding this issue about disrepecting Hillary Clinton's voters. I just don't see where this is coming from. She was in a very hotly contested race. She performed the way any candidate would both good and bad, and so did Barack Obama. That is the way the game is played. There is no disrepect here. Barack Obama has been very respectful to Mrs. Clinton in all of his speeches. If Hillary's voters would just take a deep breath and think, they would realize that she has not always been respectful of him. But, that is the competitive game. It is hard to let go when you lose. I know because I want my 49'ers to win all the time, and they let me down. You just gotta move forward and let go and understand what is at stake for all of us if McCain manages to win. There is a larger issue here.

June 4, 2008 08:32 pm at 8:32 pm |
  18. J - Clearwater

Oprah – your ratings dropped 7% – You can afford to throw more money around to buy the Presidency for Obama – but not with my vote...Hillary may ask for us to support Obama – but just like your show – I'll change the channel and vote for McCain

June 4, 2008 08:32 pm at 8:32 pm |
  19. Sabrina Las Vegas, Nevada

B-NYC...

You're wrong! Sen. Obama doesn't need Sen Clinton. However, Sen. Clinton will need Sen. Obama and his money, get it right.
    I wish people would stop trying to ram Sen Clinton down his throat, remember, Sen Clinton has high negative ratings and an abundance of negative baggage.

June 4, 2008 08:32 pm at 8:32 pm |
  20. scott

READ THIS:

COME NOVEMBER WRITE HILLARYS NAME IN ALL 18 MILLION OF US- SO IF EVERYBODY WANTS CHANGE-HOW IS THAT FOR A CHANGE

June 4, 2008 08:32 pm at 8:32 pm |
  21. Dee for OB

Ding Dong!! It's me ringing your door bell!! Obama O8 Yah hoo!!

June 4, 2008 08:32 pm at 8:32 pm |
  22. H.H. FL

Hillary Clinton and her supporters are rude and disrespectful!!!!
    Obama won, history was made last night and Clinton did not acknowledge it. How rude is that???

He does not need her. She needs him! Throwing a child-like fit for not having enough delegates. She is using her voters like Barbie dolls, holding them hostage and refusing not to play.

June 4, 2008 08:32 pm at 8:32 pm |
  23. Charlotte

Pride commeth before the fall..This fall you will see all the write-ins for Hillary Clinton. I urge all supporters to make sure your state allows write-ins if not get it fixed now!

June 4, 2008 08:32 pm at 8:32 pm |
  24. United Party

WOW!! What's up with all the haters on this page? I am speaking to both the Obama & Clinton supporters? BTW Oprah is a SELF-MADE millionaire...she built her empire from NOTHING and she has given back so much so start showing her some respect....you think she needs RATINGS to help her survive???? If so, you're soooo clueless...I respect her work & all her accomplishments!!!

June 4, 2008 08:32 pm at 8:32 pm |
  25. Bob from FL

How did your votes not count? clinton supporters who claim that michigan votes are only 1/2 or any of that other stuff, repubs also punished florida and michigan. all those saying what did obama do, first of all he cowrote the bill to get education for veterans, a bill that mccain rejected. Also, obama has voted no to the surge something you cannot say about mccain and obama has done many other things, if you want a laundry list just go look it up. But wait you dont care about the facts you just want to make a statement. Well guess what you candidate condones that statement and has made it clear that you should vote for the democratic nominee.

June 4, 2008 08:32 pm at 8:32 pm |