June 5th, 2008

Oprah 'doing the happy dance' over Obama win

Oprah hit the trail for Obama during the primary season.

Oprah hit the trail for Obama during the primary season.

(CNN) - Oprah Winfrey is ecstatic over Barack Obama’s apparent victory in this year’s Democratic presidential race.

"I'm euphoric, I've been doing the happy dance all day,” she said in a statement released Wednesday I'm so proud of Barack and Michelle and what this means for all of us, the new possibilities for our country.”

The talk show host, who campaigned for Obama in several key early primary states, added: “And if he wants me to, I'm ready to go door to door."

1. Former Dem in NJ

As a Hillary Supporter I am looking forward to voting against Obama in November. Its payback time for the sham nominee, the repugnant, corrupt DNC and the vitriolic, cultish Obamabots.

As former Democrats we may not agree with Republican policies but for the good of America we feel it is more important to use our votes to stop Obama.

This movement is larger and more resolute in our aim than you could possible imagine.

NO OBAMA EVER!

If not Hillary then McCain '08

June 4, 2008 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |
  2. Bill

Barack recieved his monies from contributers that are mere voters. 1.5 million of them

June 4, 2008 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |
  3. Marlowe

Obama flat out turned down Brad Pitt's endorsement but embraced Oprah's endorsement like a long lost member of his family. It really is all about race because let's face it, Oprah has never endorsed anyone in her professional career and it's not a mere coincidence that the first time ever that she's endorsing a politician he happens to be a black man. Sorry Brad Pitt, you're just not good enough for Obama to accept your endorsement, try again next time...with another candidate perhaps.

June 4, 2008 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |
  4. clara

oboma you and your friends dance now because 18 millon hope and pray that sen. hillary runs on ticket independent

June 4, 2008 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |
  5. bernadette

yea oprah! dance girl! you played a role in electing obama! by the way when are u going to have brad pitt and angelina jolie, on your show? coz that jennifer aniston character is so last year?

June 4, 2008 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |
  6. Lonnie

The ultimate 'Dream Ticket' would be for Barack Obama to chose Colin Powell as his running mate. This would bind the entire 'America' as a party and infuse the office with Military knowlege and foreign policy expertise with a driving force that no American, Republican or Democrat, can or would deny.

June 4, 2008 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |
  7. give me a beer

Terry,
    I am no fan of Oprah, but she is a media mogul and worked for her money and fame. She started as a poor black girl and worked her way up. The American Dream. I used to say about blacks that they have the same chance in America nowdays. Oprah is a great example for that.
    Someone above said that Oprah is an elitist. Please, check on the meaning on that word... She is not out of touch. I wish all rich folks on her caliber would do as much as she for the less fortunate.
    (I am a white 44y old man, don't even watch her shows, but I respect her what she achieved)

June 4, 2008 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |
  8. Steve

Imagine hearing the door bell, opening the door and finding Oprah Winfrey doing the happy dance. Would you call 911?

9. REPUB OF LA.

GO AWAY OPRAH PLEASE!! OH AND OBAMA WILL PROTECT ISRAEL, LMAO-YEP RIGHT

10. Darryl Miller

God Bless us all and the DFW Team.....

11. Lauren

Oprah... Obama..

Good Life

Obama 08!

12. Steve Jones

Why has no one yet questioned the treachery of the Democratic Party? Her entire career, Hillary has backed the party through thick and thin and her reward when she was almost guaranteed the presidential position is for her party power brokers to trot out a total unknown (and let's be honest for a change) just because he is black. Is the Democratic Party that affraid of the Clintons? Hillary is strong enough to bring forth her own agenda. Obama will be nothing more than the Dem power brokers puppet.

13. Steve

If you don't want to vote for Obama, then don't. He won the nomination fair and square. If you can't deal with that, then vote for McCain, or Nader, or someone else. Why do you keep whining about this? It's a done deal.

Obama should NOT offer the VP slot to Clinton. The party needs to take the larger view and think about what the Repblicans would do to an Obama-Clinton ticket. There is SO much baggage that Clinton is dragging around (named BIll) that the Republicans will have a field day with that ticket. If Hillary could get free of Bill (not gonna happen) then she'd help the party. Since she can't she'll only pull things down.

If you get a Obama Clinton ticket going, be sure to lock Bill in the attic like a crazy uncle.

14. APS in Hawaii

Yep, goes to show how the news media controlled this race. The elitists got what they wanted, now they lost the General Election. I cannot believe the incompetence and stupidity shown by Obama and the news media glossed it over. Hillary was the best chance the Democrats had, and now they ruined it. Dance Oprah Dance, you caused the Democrats to lose you dummy.

15. H.H. FL

B.NYC... What has Hillary done for our country (please do not count anything her husband did)???

If Clinton and Obama have similar policies...what is the reason you won't vote for Obama?? Is it because he's black?

June 4, 2008 08:38 pm at 8:38 pm |
  16. blackman who tells the truth!!!

ALL YOU OPRAH & OBAMA HATERS!!!!

GET OVER IT!!!

WE KNOW YOU DONT WANT TO VOTE FOR A BLACK ANYWAY!!!

YOUNG PEOPLE OF ALL RACES & UPPER INCOME EDUCATED PEOPLE & BLACKS ARE A BIG ENOUGH COALITION TO DEFEAT

MC SHAME!!!!!

GET OVER IT!!!!!

OBAMA/RICHARDSON IN 08/12

THANKS OPRAH & BARACK
    WE NEED BOTH OF YOU IN AMERICAN LIFE!!!!

17. Ian

"We must have a Democratic president come January."
    "I will work my heart out for Obama should he be the nominee."
    "It would be a grave error to vote for McCain over Obama."

– Hillary Clinton

Hillary supporters, it's okay that you're angry, and it's understandable and we feel for ya–but don't make the error of voting McCain just because you're upset. Obama is about 2% diff from Hillary–McCain is Hillary's COMPLETE AND POLAR OPPOSITE. For the good of our country, our troops, our children, THE WORLD, don't vote McCain.

18. joemarsh

We MUST come together, to stop this 3rd Bush Term!!!!!!!!!!

19. Sabrina Las Vegas, Nevada

After further reading all your post, B-NYC....

I've come to the conclusion that, you're an idiot! Stop repeating Fake News/repub talking points and research things for yourself.

A mind is truly a terrible thing to waste!

20. Polly

I wish celebrities would vote quietly like other Americans, instead of parading themselves around political candidates. I don't care Oprah, I don't care Bruce...I will make my own mind up.

21. Mary

HOW COME SOME PEOPLE CAN BE AND ACT SO stupid????

June 4, 2008 08:39 pm at 8:39 pm |
  22. Deena Hughes

I am very ecstatic over our 2008 Presidental hopeful Senator Barack Obama, I strongly believe he is sincere, honest and caring human being and will be the best choice for change. Our nation is in a devastating position and needs a 360-degree turnaround . Thank you Obama and your entire campaign. Good job!

June 4, 2008 08:39 pm at 8:39 pm |
  23. A Woman in Missouri

PLEASE Oprah, just stay quietly in the background.

June 4, 2008 08:39 pm at 8:39 pm |
  24. What???

All of you Hillary supporters with your threats about voting for McCain and declaring that Obama needs you... I think YOU need Obama to become the next President. Obama and Clinton have the same beliefs for this country. If you do vote for McCain, you were NEVER for Hillary. Shame on you!

June 4, 2008 08:39 pm at 8:39 pm |
  25. Sonja

Last night was a mission accomplished by the Obama team. Congratulations!!!!
    Senator Clinton fought a good race, but I am not sure of her motive to withhold her embrace for our democratic nominee. What I have observed through this process is the double standards set by the Clinton campaign. Its unfortunate that this process has caused so many unnecessary incidents of offense.

As I continue to follow the process and read the comments of the Clinton campaign it is no longer my belief her objective is the love for the United States, but her relentless and callous dtermination to win Her love for self). I think her motto is "by any means necessary". This is not the behavior we can afford as a running mate w/Obama. She reminds me of Chaney in a dress. Very scary, very.

I cannot believe democrats are making a decision to stay home or to vote Republican? In other words the love for our wonderful country does not take precedence, but ignorance and bitterness will keep our young man and women in Iraq for another 100 years. Its time we come together as a team to change the course of politics this country has been subjected to. If we come together the changes and benfits of the US can reach new heights and opportunites we have only dreamed. Lets not sweat the small stuff, let us come together to build a better US.

June 4, 2008 08:39 pm at 8:39 pm |