June 5th, 2008

Oprah 'doing the happy dance' over Obama win

Oprah hit the trail for Obama during the primary season.

Oprah hit the trail for Obama during the primary season.

(CNN) - Oprah Winfrey is ecstatic over Barack Obama’s apparent victory in this year’s Democratic presidential race.

"I'm euphoric, I've been doing the happy dance all day,” she said in a statement released Wednesday I'm so proud of Barack and Michelle and what this means for all of us, the new possibilities for our country.”

The talk show host, who campaigned for Obama in several key early primary states, added: “And if he wants me to, I'm ready to go door to door."

1. joeschmoe

Oprah, sit down. And shut up.

June 4, 2008 08:44 pm at 8:44 pm |
  2. Alex

Oprah is such a has been.

June 4, 2008 08:44 pm at 8:44 pm |
  3. Sabrina Las Vegas, Nevada

^5 Oprah

I'm extremely proud of Sen Obama, his wife and the progressive, open minded individuals of America. Now, lets work hard to get America back on track.

OBAMA 08

June 4, 2008 08:45 pm at 8:45 pm |
  4. Sandra

Oprah sucked up to the Clintons for years. Now she has not even acknowledged her. She is two faced.I agree with those who are not voting. You Obama folk better pray hard that the people that turned out for him in those few states, will turn out in November. Gonna be watching. Hilary, hold your head high, we love you.

June 4, 2008 08:45 pm at 8:45 pm |
  5. skylark

I will respect Hillary when she earns my respect. Respect cannot be demanded. Sorry. So far she has given me no reason to do anything but resent her. She is a rude officious woman and shows no respect for others. We have another gate now. Hillarys Hategate. Thanks Hill.
    I actually liked her before I knew her.

June 4, 2008 08:45 pm at 8:45 pm |
  6. Karen Grand Prairie, TX

PEOPLE, ARE SO HATEFUL. I SUPPORT OBAMA AND I AM NOT HATING ON HILLARY. SHE JUST DISREPECTED HERSELF BY NOT CONCEDING. AS FAR AS ROBERT JOHNSON AND ALL THE OTHERS WHO WANT TO FORCE OBAMA TO MAKE HER HIS VP – GET A LIFE. I KNOW WE ARE WALKING ON THE RACE EGGSHELLS BUT I AM GOING TO STEP OFF FOR A MOMENT AND SAY THAT IF HE HAD BEEN A WHITE MAN WHO BET THE 1ST WOMEN, SHE WOULD HAVE ENDORSED HIM AND NO ONE, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE WOULD EVEN DARE SUGGESTS THAT HE SELECT HER AS HIS VP.

June 4, 2008 08:45 pm at 8:45 pm |
  7. GDC

Obama would be wise to distance from Oprah.She is a racist b-- !!!

June 4, 2008 08:45 pm at 8:45 pm |
  8. Garth

The way I see it is that if you hate Barack Obama that much and are willing to vote for John McCain or write in Hillary Clinton, then you are a Republican. Go look in a mirror and say I am a Republican. I want 100 years of war, I want Big Oil to get richer, I want my house and my neighbor's house to be foreclosed, I want my job to go overseas.

I think Hillary has potential as a VP. I don't think she is the best, just as I would not say Barack would have made a good VP to her. Both need Foreign Policy experience and international diplomacy. Sam Nunn, Wesley Clark or Bill Richardson.

Rebullyicans can take your diatribes and go stick it.

June 4, 2008 08:45 pm at 8:45 pm |
  9. Beverly

Oprah please sit down and be quite!!!!! If I were you I would worry about your declining popularity. As an american I'm tried of voting for the lesser of the 2 evils and once again thats what we have.

June 4, 2008 08:45 pm at 8:45 pm |
  10. APS in Hawaii

And as for voting for McCain, you can count on it. I do not vote for incompetence and someone who has no plan. Obama is a loser and it is sad that the news media and his supporters were so dirty during the campaign. Now you will pay the ultimate price, you have lost the election because you chose a candidate that is too liberal. That is what Hillary offered the Democrats, someone who was a moderate, instead the base forgot it takes more than the base to win in November. Go McCain, I wills end the Democrats the only message they know, my vote for the other party for the first time in my life. No Drama, NO to Obama.

June 4, 2008 08:45 pm at 8:45 pm |
  11. dabrasco

i seriously think some of you need to get off the internet for a minute
    and find some real perspective in this election.

too many immature comments on here. its a shame.

June 4, 2008 08:45 pm at 8:45 pm |
  12. Breyona

This race has been exciting and extremely emotional for all included. Obama supporters are estatic that he won and Clinton supporters are upset that she lost. Understandable! Supporters and Media for BOTH campaigns have been mean and spiteful to BOTH candidates! What i don't understand is how a Democrat could EVER vote for McCain. Only if you take EVERYTHING that you (as a Dem), Obama and Hillary believe in and FLIP IT ON ITS HEAD could you vote for McCain. Just because your candidate did not win... does not mean that her POLICIES didn't!! Give HOPE a chance. Listen to what Obama says and does, not his supporters!

June 4, 2008 08:45 pm at 8:45 pm |
  13. McClinton Voter

Check out Oprah's new "anti-religion" friends on you tube. This is the type of people that put obama where he is.

June 4, 2008 08:45 pm at 8:45 pm |
  14. Tim

Hillary supporters you go right ahead and vote McCain into office. Not that anyone really thinks any Democrat would do this, but really, if you want to, go ahead.

It can be the final nail in the coffin of the Clinton legacy – the family who handed the keys to the Whitehouse to the Republicans.

Do you really want to be blamed, along with the Clintons, for McCain's victory?

June 4, 2008 08:46 pm at 8:46 pm |
  15. Jerry Willer

You left wingnuts must be so desperate to nominate this loser of a candidate. We've all heard a lot candidates whine, but Obama takes the cake. He stands there saying "Oh, we're not going to talk about our religion, and oh we're not going to talk about taking corrupt money. Listen Obama, we're going to talk about what we da*n well please. You and your ilk don't define what the election is about, the voters do. For a man that looks like the second term of Jimmy Carter, you have a lot of gall to keep comparing McCain to Bush. For someone that has never reached across the aisle to be critical of a man that has is as slimy as it gets. Obama is so full of himself, now he even claims he can stop the polar ice caps from melting. What a load of cr*p this little man from Chicago is.

June 4, 2008 08:46 pm at 8:46 pm |
  16. Sarah

Who really cares what she thinks? She is a know it all who thinks she is relevant to this election. If I want political advise it is not going to be from a gossip like Oprah.

June 4, 2008 08:46 pm at 8:46 pm |
  17. United

"also, if you want Clinton supporters to back Obama, then start being a ittle nicer AND STOP DENEGRATING OUR CANDIDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

I don't understand your logic Brett (and other clinton supporters)

Why would you or any other Clinton supporter Vote for McCain because of what some jerk on these post have said?

Paul – Seattle is right. If you don't support Obama the only one your going to hurt is the candidate you love so much. If obama lose Clinton is going to take the blame. Everyone is going to say she split the party. Her Legacy and Bill's will be ruined.

Stop paying attention to these fools on these blogs. Most of the are Rep trying to divide our party.

Obama has giving Clinton, and her supportes ALOT of RESPECT.

June 4, 2008 08:46 pm at 8:46 pm |
  18. kat

Do your dance Obama maniacs I'll vote for Mccain in Nov. I don't mind being the spoiler Obama doesn'.t have an original thought in his head except for 'black power' dumacrats unite –not on your life' ps' I won't ever watch oprah again either.

June 4, 2008 08:46 pm at 8:46 pm |
  19. James

Can someone just explain to me why a Hillary supporter would vote for a candidate so far from their beloved candidates policies? Thats what I don't get and it really only leaves 3 options left for why they would not vote for the candidate more inline with their own:

1. Bitter
    2. Selfish
    3. Racist

Quite frankly I don't want to be in the same pool as those people and they are much more inline with the current admin and McSame.

June 4, 2008 08:46 pm at 8:46 pm |
  20. kris

To the diehard Hillary supporters that think they'll be punishing Obama by voting McCain – you won't be. You'll be punishing your country and yourself. Obama and Hillary agreed on 90% of the issues, remember. Obama will enact 90% of Hillary's proposals. McCain will enact ZERO, and will work to cripple the house and the senate with veto power, and will install conservative Scalia-like judges on the Supreme Court. Think about it.

June 4, 2008 08:46 pm at 8:46 pm |
  21. D in TN

Winfrey,
    You do your dance while I throw you out of my living room. You have been so disrespectful to Hillary. So I don't vote for you or Obama.

June 4, 2008 08:46 pm at 8:46 pm |
  22. k williams

there are a lot of bitter broads here. just go make me dinner..., it might make you feel better.

June 4, 2008 08:47 pm at 8:47 pm |
  23. Agnostic Democrat

O.K. all you haters from the delusional Hillaryland:

It's time to put on your big people underwear, leave the sandbox with your toys, educate yourself from blind ignorance and become adult Democrats; or please send your (grand)sons, (grand)daughters, husbands, wives, cousins, aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces, friends and neighbors to fight in the 2 current – (1 unnecessary) – and endless wars under Grampy McSham; or to the unemployment or bread and gas lines. Your choice, obstinate fools!

Hillary and Mr. Obama's differences are subtle. One of them just happened to win the better played game. Face reality and honor your candidate's minor differences in policy and purpose in an alternative delivery system.

June 4, 2008 08:47 pm at 8:47 pm |
  24. BettyT

I totally disagree that a write-in for Hillary or a vote for McCain will make Hillary look bad. It simply shows the lack of support for Obama, who is about as qualified to run for president as I am. Ask yourself exactly what it is that he has accomplished. At least with McCain, we know what we will get. Let's hope he picks a good running mate, because he's likely to kick the bucket before his term is up. Hillary in 2012.

June 4, 2008 08:47 pm at 8:47 pm |
  25. Ellie

Who cares about Oprah? She is just throwing her weight again... and we all know she has a lot of that, like cash. She can have her candidate. I am officially denouncing the democratic party and registering as independent. Barack Hussein Obama came from nowhere and "talked" his way to to the back porch of the White House. That's as close as it gets.

June 4, 2008 08:47 pm at 8:47 pm |