June 7th, 2008

Clinton champions Obama to smattering of boos

WASHINGTON (CNN) - As Hillary Clinton repeatedly urged thousands of supporters to endorse and "help elect Barack Obama" Saturday, scattered boos and thumbs downs pierced the cheers.

Meantime, from the VIP section, Actor Ted Danson and New York Sen. Chuck Schumer was seen cheering and smiling.

1. Jay

There were Boos coming from our home also!

We will never VOTE for Obama!

I vote for the person, not the party! I vote for the person who I feel is qualified, not the Media chosen Darling.

June 7, 2008 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  2. David

Anyone who booed and expressed their disrespect to the Democratic Party, spits in the face of over 4,000 and counting American soldiers that died in vain under Bush and Cheney's war. We need to come together and join Obama to save the soul of America!!

June 7, 2008 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  3. tessie

It is a bitter pill to swallow...more than democratics are at stake...women of each party and every color had their hopes dashed. Sisterhood knows no color or party. It brings to mind for me...that any man is a better candidate for president than the RIGHT woman.

I hope hilliary gets a supreme court appointment if he does get
    the presidency, at least something will be honest with sound judgement. He was bought and paid for...the dems deserve what they get.

June 7, 2008 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  4. Roland

I'll be changing my affiliation Monday from Dem to Independent. I will not support that liar and fake. He is another Reagan all flash and no substance. The Democrats have lost a member and supporter.

June 7, 2008 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  5. Zion

Lets show some love to Hillary by supporting her party.

June 7, 2008 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  6. ct voter

They have so much in common, why are they boo'ing, Obama has been nothing but gracious to her, I don't understand?

June 7, 2008 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  7. Montana is Obama Country

Wrong... they came together in the end and that is what is important to winning the whitehouse in 2008.. UNITY...

UNITY will prevail........

Yes..WE...Can...

June 7, 2008 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  8. Mark from San Diego

Hillary:

Now that you have uttered the insincere "words" to support Obama please just go away and take Bill with you. You have both done more that your fair share of damage to the Democratic party.

Mark – a lifelong Dem

June 7, 2008 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  9. wilma taubert

the Media was so unfair and biased toward Hillary . NOW!!!!!!!!!! they want to embrace her. I just have to say she is the very best woman ever. to be able to stand up for the dems after What they and the Media did to her and Donna Brazil and all the cnn news people are hypocrites. What do we care what their oppions are just give us thr news.

June 7, 2008 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  10. Jeffrey Meeks

Loyaly and support is earned,not just given blindly.Obama and his vicious supporters MUST earn my time,money,and vote.

Hope, the Obama News Network is happy that Hillary is out,but I am sure that you will continue to bash HER every day.

Now, you can proudly wear your Obama buttons

Jeffrey Meeks

June 7, 2008 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  11. Boo's

I would have booed too, no way will I vote for Obama. The dream died with Hillary conceding.

June 7, 2008 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  12. Democrats for McCain

What is the Obama campaign going to do to reach out to the 18 million Hillary voters the Obama supporters rudely disrepected at the local polling places and on the internet blogs across the United States?

June 7, 2008 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  13. Don'tScaremewithRoe

I am still voting for MCain. Roe vs. Wade scare is silly. Even if it is abolished, you still will be able to get an abortion at another state, since it will be left to the states. I actually think it may be better because we would stop discussing it, some state want it, some don't. I also don't think they will actually abolish is simply because men would have to be paying child support for kids they wouldn't want to have, so I am pretty sure men would not go for it. I am raging feminist in my early 30's PhD, East Coast latte liberal, but I think that 4 years of McCain are worth another shot for Clinton in 2012. Otherwise we will never have woman as president in our lifetime. I rather have 4 years of McCain, then 8 years of Clinton than, 4 years of Obama, then 8 years of Romney and 8 years of Jeb Bush. The vision of 8 years of Clinton in 2012 will keep me going for another 4 years of McCain and with Democratic Congress, McCain will be harmless anyway.

June 7, 2008 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  14. Dale

Senator Clinton clearly made a 180 degree turn. She has now made this a Black/woman race for the president, not republican /Democrat, shame on you Hillary. How do you now back a person that you once said had no experience to be our president, SHAME ON YOU HILLARY! sad day for the democrates im Affraid.

June 7, 2008 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  15. dr elsa de leeuw

Is it possible that after listening to sen Clinton's courageous and 'presidential ' concession speech, John King still questions ulterior motives and make unverified inferences. I refrain from commenting about the nastiness etc from Carl Bernstein. Congrats Donna Brazille and paul Begale.

hillary Clinton and her husband have achieved so much. Be proud of their achievements and dedication, America.

It was so close, but congratulations to Mr Obama. Hope Hillary is on the ticket...will serve the Free World well.

June 7, 2008 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  16. Chipster

Sen. Clinton could probably have defeated Sen. Obama but not Tim Russert, Chris Matthews, Jack Cafferty, etc...

So many accusations have been made that she said things that she never said. So many false or exaggerated accusations have been repeated over and over until people believe them. It's a sad commentary on our age of information. Information is only valuable when it's accurate.

She has worked hard to improve opportunities for those who are too often left behind and I have no doubt that she will continue to do so. We must focus on restoring our nation's reputation, economy, and constitutional protections that make our nation great.

June 7, 2008 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  17. ree

Sen. Clinton gave a great speech. She was much nicer then Obama and his not proud to be American wife would have been.

Wonder if Obama is going to say thank you.

Still won't be voting for him. I looked at all three candidates and he was third. I am making up my own mind. I am not voting for him becuase I am mad or a racist. He has not shown me anything.

If you think the day he takes office, the prices of gas, food, taxes,etc will go down, then I have a bridge I can sell you. It is going to take years for this to happen. I don't think he has the experience to run this country.

June 7, 2008 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  18. fredi

To all you boo-people:
    You support and trust Hillary's judgment to run the country, but you don't trust her judgment to endorse Obama – what kind of supporters are you?

June 7, 2008 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  19. maurice belk

WE HAVE TO STAND TOGATHER HAS ONE BECAUSE SEPARTIZME DON'T GET US ANYWHERE WE ARE ONE AMERICAN ONE PEOPLE STANDING TOGATHER FOR PARTY DEMS.

June 7, 2008 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |