June 8th, 2008

Obama 'fist bump' catching on

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/06/09/art.late.edition2.cnn.jpg
caption="Feinstein and Hutchison share a fist bump."]

(CNN) - In a reference to Barack and Michelle Obama's celebratory fist bump on Tuesday, Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-California, and Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, ended their conversation on CNN's Late Edition with their own version of the β€œhand shake.”

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Mark Webb

Good for Dianne!
    Obama & Feinstein 2008/2012!!

June 8, 2008 06:19 pm at 6:19 pm |
  2. Hoang, UC Berkeley

THIS IS A RESPONSE TO B. Churchill AND The Truth Hurts

So, what you guys saying is that Democrat voters should close their eyes and follow whatever, whoever the Democratic Party chooses? !!!!????

Talking about the issues, what if I DON'T LIKE OBAMA'S IDEAS AND PLANS? What if I THINK HIS PLANS ARE WEAK AND LOUDSY AND IN THE END WILL NOT FIX ANYTHING? What if I THINK HE'S AN UNDECIDED GUY AND WILL NOT DO A GOOD JOB IN THE WHITE HOUSE? And personally what if I SIMPLY DON'T TRUST THE GUY.

So now, if I have all of these issues with him, but because of the Party, I have to get in line and vote for him? vote for a person I have issues with and don't trust?

Can I just simply have my right to vote for the PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE that shares my views and opinions, the one that I trust?

I don't like either McCain or Obama, instead of sitting home and not caring about politics like many many Americans, can I just simply go to the poll and write Hillary in to put my voice into the country's most important election? I know it is a tiny one, but if many many do the same thing, it's gonna be big. Everything has to start with one, more often unusual.

June 8, 2008 06:24 pm at 6:24 pm |
  3. Operation Chaos

And here comes the Republicans blogging Operation Chaos. NOT THIS TIME!!! lol

June 8, 2008 06:25 pm at 6:25 pm |
  4. Mike

THIS GESTURE HAS BEEN PLAYED OUT IN THE BLACK COMMUNITY EVERY DAY..IT'S NOT SOMETHING NEW OR A FAD

June 8, 2008 06:26 pm at 6:26 pm |
  5. DWAINE

The fist bump as a youthful way to say GOOD JOB ,GOO LUCK ,WAY TO GO, It's what people that are close to reality do to congradulate one another. Their not stuffy or cididy ,Just down to earth real . Like most Americans that are intouch with people on the move . You see it in sports of all kinds and in school at work in the office .Why is this news get real . Why aren't you talking about McCain and the slow motion puppet like dimeaner .Poor guy looks like his ill or something.
    The fist bump is just a good old high five ,it's just tight! It needs no major degree we can all to it !!!!!!!

June 8, 2008 06:29 pm at 6:29 pm |
  6. EBC

Come on, this is so silly. Now everyone is an authority over the personal "fist bump" that Sen. Obama and Michele Obama did recently. HOW lame is that?

I mean Jesus, the media is so DESPERATE to come up with something more substantive that this silly display.

What's next, if they do a dance will that be ALL the rave next? I mean, wow....can we say DESPERATE?

The MEDIA is starting to get so desperate in their attempts to garner higher ratings. Sad...

June 8, 2008 06:31 pm at 6:31 pm |
  7. @everyamericans

I would love to land a hard-knock 'fist bump" on GDUBYA ugly face!

June 8, 2008 06:33 pm at 6:33 pm |
  8. Nodak

Yo Yo Yo...this is my konda Politics

June 8, 2008 06:34 pm at 6:34 pm |
  9. Puzzled

Gee, how interesting.

June 8, 2008 06:35 pm at 6:35 pm |
  10. Tangi

OBAMA 2008!

June 8, 2008 06:36 pm at 6:36 pm |
  11. aware

Looking back, 2004 was an interesting year for the Obama's! I remember it well! πŸ™‚

June 8, 2008 06:36 pm at 6:36 pm |
  12. ben

Thank God that liar is gone!!
    β€” Independent, california

June 8, 2008 06:37 pm at 6:37 pm |
  13. deenj

I love it- something new, something different in the world of politics.

June 8, 2008 06:38 pm at 6:38 pm |
  14. Jack Bini

It is vintage Obama. Democrats and republicans coming together to consolidate on values held universally by all americans. Hurrah! Keep the fist bumps coming.
    Obama 08!

June 8, 2008 06:39 pm at 6:39 pm |
  15. Perusing-through

Catching on? What, , , , , fist-bumping catching on? Please . . . . . . . . Athletes have been doing this for years. It is probably just a simple way the Obama couple chooses to connect and/or communicate. No big deal.

I hope this is not going to be a distraction from the national and global campaign issues as did the flag pin flop. I still can't believe at the last ABC debate, the host attempted to hammer Barack by tying his patriotism to the wearing of the flag pin. Especially when no one else in the building could be found with a flag pin. Oh, the insanity. Lets stay on the real issues people.

June 8, 2008 06:44 pm at 6:44 pm |
  16. Believe Again

Yep thats the spirit πŸ™‚

June 8, 2008 06:44 pm at 6:44 pm |
  17. Brooke, Fort Mill, SC

Well, if it was cool, it's not cool NOW!

June 8, 2008 06:44 pm at 6:44 pm |
  18. maria

better than a hand shake, more hygenic! think about the things people do with their hands.

June 8, 2008 06:44 pm at 6:44 pm |
  19. Kim

Everybody is asking what happened to Hillary and her campaign. Well
    I might as well ask what happened to Obama after Texas&Ohio Primary when Obama was our Jfk. They made sure they destroyed Obama there after and he became secondary. He had to humble himself and campaign low low key.
    Thank to you Hillary and the skywriters you hired. How about the cooperate media that has shown us time and again why we should not trust them.

June 8, 2008 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  20. LIAR OBAMA

OMG.......you dogs need to get real!

June 8, 2008 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  21. Benjamin

This isn't news. Please stop reporting on such frivolities.

June 8, 2008 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  22. Truth In LA

I like Diane Feinstein she was right on point taken on that republican Kay Bailey Hutchison...

Democrates unite...

It's on...

Democrats 08!!!

June 8, 2008 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  23. Debbie Maha

Monkey see, monkey do?

June 8, 2008 06:47 pm at 6:47 pm |
  24. Margaret

Really

Do you have to be so common

June 8, 2008 06:49 pm at 6:49 pm |
  25. Paula

The DEMS are like the REPUBLICans toward the Clinton's I noticed. Not only do they do the Lowdown hit below the belt. You guys ran Obama's campaign. Every move he made, CNN and NBC wrote hios script on what he should do it. When he finally made the decision to quit his church for what the priest said, his pastor did the exact same thing. But his pastor was black saying it. The priest was white. I get the difference between what he considers his own saying something then when someone else does. You then ran spin aginst Hillary and Bill, by twisting everthing negative. He was asked a question, he answered the question when he was leaving South Carolina. You nevere told the public who was asking the queztion. Was it a Obama fan doing it on your behalf. In the Real World, it appears it probably was. You NBC and Cnn, You write scripts,repeat it enough times aginst someone you don't like(LIES), you could get a innocent man killed. The Clinton family should realize their so called friends are always looking for I give you one, you give me one.Just like you,NBC Bill and Hillary should become the only Human Beings that are supposed to get permission to do something. FOr your information,THIS IS THE UNITED STATES IF HILLARY OR BILL WANT TO RUN FOR ANY OFFICE THE CAN AND THEY DON'T EVER HAVE TO ASK YOU IF IT'S ALRIGHT.

PAULA